Get the Gringo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Get the Gringo Reviews

October 16, 2016
This is a really good movie. Tons of action,blood,and style. The scene that best stands out is the shootout. The use of slow motion makes it enjoyable.The hitmen are trying to kill everyone and the Gringo. Full of blood, guns and the music makes it a fun movie to watch. They are trying to put humor into this action movie and the scene makes me laugh me laugh my ass off. My favorite kill was the grenade throwback and when gringo shot the cowboy in the eye. Great movie.
October 3, 2016
A decent effort but rather passable. Gibson gives his familiar roguish charm and throws himself around with reckless abandon, but it's all too light and inconsequential. I hope that the upcoming Blood Father will have more of the grit, edge and substance that's lacking from this one.
September 11, 2016
Unexpectedly great !
½ September 11, 2016
I really liked this movie, the pace was good and when Gibson is on, he's still capable of carrying a film.
½ September 5, 2016
"Get the Gringo" is a taut, rock - solid action extravaganza. This is the Mel Gibson grizzled action hero vehicle we've been waiting for, and boy, is it a gritty, wild ride...
½ August 28, 2016
Obviously, This is overrated. Predictable.
August 10, 2016
Its too bad the Jews (basically hollywood) banned Mel, b/c he still makes good movies. This isn't the godfather, but so much more entertaining than anything seth rogan, jonah hill or adam sandler put out. See it!
August 6, 2016
When he's not flipping out drunkenly ranting at the Jews, or for not having his blowjobs, Mel Gibson can still deliver top notch entertainment.
August 3, 2016
Pretty interesting, definitely watchable. Gibson fans will enjoy.
July 27, 2016
Big Mel doesn't fuck around.
July 22, 2016
It's a lot of good silly fun, and it's nice to see Mel Gibson back, because even if he's an absolute maniac in real life, he's a great actor.
½ July 18, 2016
Just like most 80s/90s action stars they make thier name then make a few bad movies, Disappear for a few years then come back with good movie but it goes unrecognised, This movie isn't pretty its plot won't be anything you haven't seen before but it's gritty and gross in places and it works, Gibson puts in a good performance and even though I expected more action I wasn't dissapointed as the story was told well even if it felt quite silly but it's one of the best Gibson films most will never see and that's a shame.
June 17, 2016
Good to see Gibson having some fun and not being too serious! Simple plot - he steals $4million, gets put in a Mexican prison (with VERY loose rules!) and has to figure out hot to get his money back & survive. Some funny moments and plenty of explosions and shootouts and a satisfying ending - nothing too new or different, but a good action/shoot-em-up!
½ May 18, 2016
Mel Gibson is charismatic, snarky, and commanding in this surprisingly gripping action flick.
January 7, 2016
I didn't want to see this one... because I thought it would suck... just the title is not one that catches my attention. I gave it a go during some lunch hrs at work, and found it very entertaining, packed with action and solid story to balance the entire movie. Crime movies don't do this anymore... yet Get The Gringo is one of the few.
December 18, 2015
loved this movie, mel gibson generally unknown to me but definitely got my attention with this movie.
December 8, 2015
This is what Mel dOes best. GOOd mOvie!!
½ December 6, 2015
a wily, charismatic mel gibson is a credit to an otherwise meandering plot. a highly artificial crime story always accelerates, the action scenes advancing it and responsively dynamic - but the characters hardly develop. the gnawing feeling of a quotidian b-movie leaves craving for a revised script better channeling gibson's intensity.
½ November 25, 2015
I can't believe you gave this a higher rating than Braveheart! Smh
November 20, 2015
Very entertaining and action packed. It's good to see Mel Gibson star in a watchable movie every once in a while.