Get the Gringo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Get the Gringo Reviews

½ March 4, 2017
Dark, clever, and unique.
March 2, 2017
Long drawn out and not worth watching
½ February 25, 2017
Get the Gringo is a nice return to form for actor Mel Gibson. He plays an unknown criminal with a ton of cash, arrested at the Mexican border. Two corrupt cops shove him into a weird Mexican prison, filled with shops, guns, and a whole ecosystem inside. The voiceover kind of drags the film down, but its a fun action packed mystery thriller action film with lots of good scenes. Its definitely an enjoyable film for sure.
February 16, 2017
An excellently-crafted movie that somehow flew under the radar.
January 29, 2017
Say what you will about Mel Gibson the man, Mel Gibson the actor can be very watchable, especially in these rough-around-the-edges, anti-hero roles. This film requires a bit of suspension of disbelief (a prison city? Really?) but once you accept the premise, the action is fairly compelling thanks to Driver's (Gibson) one-step-ahead scheming. It won't win Oscars, but I enjoyed it for the most part. Just...turn off your brain a little. Especially near the end.
January 26, 2017
Mel Gibson protagonista un pr˛fugo de la justicia que va a dar a la cÓrcel en MŔxico luego haber robado mÓs de dos millones a unos mafiosos. En la caˇtica cÓrcel mexicana deberß aprender a sobrevivir, para lo que necesitarÓ de toda su astucia, imaginaciˇn y habilidades con una pistola en la mano. Un film de acci˛n, sencillo y entretenido
January 17, 2017
It is a so-so movie. I mean, I liked it, but not really inclined to watch it a 2nd time or something.
December 21, 2016
hard to get to the understanding of the drug and other things happening in Mexico. only good was the song at the start of the credits when the movie ended
November 29, 2016
tutored by a tough talking, cigarette smoking kid with a pretty but damaged in some mysterious way, probably because she's trying to raise her kid in a jail that looks like 'the worst mall in the world'. Yawn.
October 16, 2016
This is a really good movie. Tons of action,blood,and style. The scene that best stands out is the shootout. The use of slow motion makes it enjoyable.The hitmen are trying to kill everyone and the Gringo. Full of blood, guns and the music makes it a fun movie to watch. They are trying to put humor into this action movie and the scene makes me laugh me laugh my ass off. My favorite kill was the grenade throwback and when gringo shot the cowboy in the eye. Great movie.
October 3, 2016
A decent effort but rather passable. Gibson gives his familiar roguish charm and throws himself around with reckless abandon, but it's all too light and inconsequential. I hope that the upcoming Blood Father will have more of the grit, edge and substance that's lacking from this one.
September 11, 2016
Unexpectedly great !
½ September 11, 2016
I really liked this movie, the pace was good and when Gibson is on, he's still capable of carrying a film.
½ September 5, 2016
"Get the Gringo" is a taut, rock - solid action extravaganza. This is the Mel Gibson grizzled action hero vehicle we've been waiting for, and boy, is it a gritty, wild ride...
½ August 28, 2016
Obviously, This is overrated. Predictable.
August 10, 2016
Its too bad the Jews (basically hollywood) banned Mel, b/c he still makes good movies. This isn't the godfather, but so much more entertaining than anything seth rogan, jonah hill or adam sandler put out. See it!
August 6, 2016
When he's not flipping out drunkenly ranting at the Jews, or for not having his blowjobs, Mel Gibson can still deliver top notch entertainment.
August 3, 2016
Pretty interesting, definitely watchable. Gibson fans will enjoy.
July 27, 2016
Big Mel doesn't fuck around.
July 22, 2016
***
It's a lot of good silly fun, and it's nice to see Mel Gibson back, because even if he's an absolute maniac in real life, he's a great actor.