The Godfather, Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Godfather, Part II Reviews

½ December 4, 2016
This was by far better than the first one! The story was enthralling the entire 3 hours and 22 minutes, the music was better, and the story had better closure as well. I loved the last scenes with the Corleone family and Michael reflecting on where he was headed at one point in his life and where he ended up (at least that was my interpretation of those scenes). It definitely wasn't meant to be a feel good show, but it was great storytelling. Not sure about following this one up with the less liked third installment.
October 31, 2016
Puntaje Original: 9.5

Lo más cercano a la perfección de una película. Es muy difícil hacer una secuela mejor que la original y mucho más difícil si hablamos de El Padrino. Sin duda este es un hito histórico de la cinematografía.
½ October 22, 2016
Wow! Don't remember being blown away by the first as much as I was with this. A lot of it tbh made me think of The Sopranos and Mafia. So many characters and a complicated plot but it's nice that it doesn't dumb it down for the viewers. Great pacing. Found myself excited for the other timeline.
October 3, 2016
The greatest sequel ever made. Do I need to say more? Robert DeNiro gives the best performance of his career. Well deserving of the Oscar. Al Pacino is just as excellent as he was in the original. The phenomenal performances, helped by a masterfully written script, make "The Godfather, Part 2" a triumph in every sense of the word.
½ September 4, 2016
It is very difficult continues a perfect work, but coppola succeeded, "the Godfather, Part II" may not be the perfect embodiment of cinema as its predecessor, but it is a spectacular film, as sublime photographs, screen elements of this trilogy are perfect, all the features of the characters, the extras, to the furniture contrasts with the scene, and the soundtrack of this film is something amazing, I discussed in my previous review of part I on the technical part of the film, which is still impeccable, along with the performances, good, if not here we have Marlon de niro, who although are Supla lack godfather, leaves us stuck in its moments of action, and Al Pacino, well, forget it .... the only sin here is the script, which although very good, contrasting the beginning of the corleone family to its maximum moment of crisis, but the script does not hold as the first, and at times becomes confused, and has 20 minutes more movies , which in a way are put to good use, and in the end he presents us with a scene set credit, to stay in our heads during the I5 years to part III, watch this trilogy is more than a movie, it is to learn about cinema.
September 1, 2016
if I have to explain my rating,you don't like movies.
August 31, 2016
Classic !! Delivers a more diverse and detailed premise than its predecessor
August 28, 2016
A rare treat, a sequel as good, maybe even a little better than the original.

9.9/10 Stars!
August 26, 2016
Truly a great film with superb direction and a career defining performance from Robert De Niro.
August 18, 2016
I liked this one better than the first one since it's a bigger, more epic film instead of just a mere gangster movie. I liked the whole plot line with Vito Corleone and how he migrated to America and the struggles he had to face when young. But still, for the most part, the story didn't really interest me.
August 13, 2016
Excellent performances all round. Sequel which is slightly better than the original.
August 12, 2016
The Godfather Part 2 is a brilliant crime drama that sets the stage of amazing sequels that top the original with two investing storylines about the hopeful tale of Vito Corleone of the past and the tragic tale of Michael Corleone
August 9, 2016
So riveting to see Michael Corleone's journey from when we first see him as the young war hero who isn't involved in the family business in The Godfather to the man at the end of this movie, who SPOILER ALERT, has his own brother killed. Once again, brilliant filmaking. Brilliant everything.
August 1, 2016
This is the best made film of all time. The parallel stories of Vito and Michael Corleone are a brilliant combination of prequel and sequel all in one.
July 25, 2016
best movie from the Godfather trilogy
½ July 20, 2016
I don't get what the big deal is with The Godfather movies. I watched all nine and half hours of it (for the first time) over the past few weeks and I wasn't very impressed. I'll agree that it was probably groundbreaking stuff for back in the early seventies, but these honestly wouldn't even make my top one-thousand, if I were to write one out now. A little bit too Italian for my taste. Too much talk, leading into small events that I wouldn't really classify as "greatest film in world cinema" material; like the archives state. I enjoyed all three of them equally no-more than average. In my opinion, there were more cons than pros in regards to rewarding moments within all three of the films.
July 18, 2016
Slightly better than the original, but still far too long.
July 12, 2016
A fantastic sequel to an amazing predecessor, 'The Godfather Part 2' benefits from more strong performances and another riveting story to keep audiences tuned into it's nearly 3 and half hour runtime.
July 10, 2016
Miraculously managing to both enrich and expand upon themes first broached by its predecessor, it certainly ranks among the very best of all sequels in American cinema.
½ July 2, 2016