The Godfather, Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Godfather, Part II Reviews

August 9, 2017
Excellent movie. A masterpiece.
Rating: 9.6/10.
August 3, 2017
45 years later, and yet these first 2 movies of this franchise are masterpieces.
July 31, 2017
The Godfather: Part II is easily my favorite movie of all time, with its brilliant juxtaposition of the lives of father and son, and its respect for my favorite film genre, the gangster picture. Francis Ford Coppola's direction, Al Pacino and Robert De Niro's performances, and Nino Rota and Carmine Coppola's score make this a truly majestic movie experience.
July 17, 2017
****
'The Godfather: Part II' is an improvement over the first entry that, despite still being overlong and convoluted, feels more accomplished thanks to excellent performances and a compelling story at its centre.
July 11, 2017
Would have rathered it be only about Michael and not jump back and forth
July 11, 2017
Not as good as the first one, but still one of the best films ever made.
July 10, 2017
a master piece in all the sense of word, somehow it manages to be as good as itīs predecesor. this is one of those movies you donīt like to watch very often, so the next time you see it, you can have that jaw-dropping from the very beginning to the very end.
July 8, 2017
10 out of 10:

They took one of the greatest films of all time and made a sequel that held up to expectations. The acting and cinematography are as good, costumes are well done, and it's a bit more powerful than the original. The Godfather Part II is as good if not a bit better than the original.
July 7, 2017
It isn't quite as good as the first one, but The Godfather Part II is still a great movie, not to mention an exceptional sequel.
July 4, 2017
Phenomenal sequel, how a sequel should be starring al pacino and Robert de niro. The next installment in the godfather trilogy is awesometacular, it's really good especially Robert de into as a younger version of vito coreone, the godfather. The first godfather is a classic and no doubt about it, now the sequel in my opinion is better by a quarter of a mile. I know that's not a big difference but in movies it's huge, I liked it more because their is more action, more vito and vito. Vito, the godfather is my favorite character in this franchise, no one can beat him especially not micheal, his son. I like micheal when he's yelling or ordering people to kill his loved ones because they betrayed him. I can't wait to see the third installment in this iconic trilogy.
July 3, 2017
The best sequel till date which draws on brawny, powerhouse performances by Al Pacino and Robert De Niro coupled with immaculate direction by Francis Ford Coppola. Second masterstroke by him after the prequel indisputably.
½ June 26, 2017
The Godfather Part II nearly lives up to it's predecessor in impressive directing, a documentary like feel to it's production (i.e. I almost forget acting is involved rather than watching the real thing), and terrific dialogues and development of each of the characters. I would highly recommend but definitely not before seeing the original.
June 22, 2017
Great movie showing the mindset of vito corleone and micheal corleone at once.
June 17, 2017
Just as incredibly well made as it's predecessor, I'm genuinely at conflict as to which one of the the two masterpieces I enjoy more. Part II shows us some of Vito Cor
June 15, 2017
Godfather: Part II, The (1974) C-200m. **** D: Francis Ford Coppla. Al Pacino, Robert Duvall, Diane Keaton, Robert De Niro, John Cazale, Talia Shire, Lee Strasberg, Michael V. Gazzo, G.D. Spradlin, Harry Dean Stanton, Abe Vigoda, James Caan. Movie magic and vivid storytelling at its zenith. Brilliantly written, directed, acted, and conceived continuation of a great movie (THE GODFATHER). This one contrasts lives of mafia leader Pacino and N.Y.C immigrant De Niro in early 1900s. One of the most ambitious and unforgettable films ever. Mario Puzo also contributed to the screenplay.
June 8, 2017
Best movie ever including the best actor ever,The great Al
May 17, 2017
Exquisite. Al Pacino is excellent. The only detractor from this movie is the lack of the presence of Brando. It's not really an acting difference between Brando and Pacino, but more of who their characters are fundamentally. Vito is such a presence, and Michael does not take his measured approach making it harder to root for Michael as a character. The quality of this film is incredible. So dense and believable. It tells a story that is so much more sincere than just about anything that comes out now.
May 5, 2017