The Godfather, Part II Reviews

• 6h ago

He knew it was his brother.

He knew it was his brother.

• 1d ago

Being a sequel of a great movie is hard because of the high expectations set by the original. This movie suffers a bit from its "Part II" status, and overall it's inferior to the first. Don't get me wrong, Coppola is still Coppola with all his genius and attention to detail. Pacino is still Pacino, with and extraordinary performance. The plot is a bit more convoluted than Part I. But many things are not as convincing anymore, starting off with the story that drives the movie. It's half sequel half prequel: the sequel is just an operation in Cuba, the prequel is about the birth of the family, of which we already know the outcome. Miles away from the exciting fight for power of the Five Families. One big flaw is the character of Pentangeli, presented as a core member of the family, but never heard of before. It's easily explained by the fact that his character should've been Clemenza himself, but they could't find an agreement to bring back the actor, so they created a new one that feels a bit out of place. I've felt more detached from the characters in this part II, and as good as Pacino can be, it's impossible for him to fill the hole left by Brando. Curiously enough, with just 20 more minutes this movies feels too long when compared to Part I. This means that something didn't work as intended. Besides these points, it remains an awesome movie. But if after Part I you can't wait to see the sequel, after Part II you wish you didn't have to witness any more the undoing of the family, or wait remains of it.

• Feb 09, 2020

This is the greatest sequel EVER, prove me wrong.

This is the greatest sequel EVER, prove me wrong.

• Jan 17, 2020

Very few sequels can hold a candle to their predecessor. This movie can stand tall on it's own OR as a sequel, a feat almost never achieved.

• Jan 14, 2020

Inspired story, spectacular acting, perfect pacing. Maybe the best sequel ever?

Inspired story, spectacular acting, perfect pacing. Maybe the best sequel ever?

• Jan 08, 2020

More gangster stuff.

More gangster stuff.

• Jan 08, 2020

The greatest sequel of all-time. No doubt. No debate. Edges out Rush Hour 2

The greatest sequel of all-time. No doubt. No debate. Edges out Rush Hour 2

• Dec 30, 2019

Quite possibly one of the best films ever made. Acting, writing, and directing are all exceptionally brilliant in this movie. The dark yet linear storytelling of Michael Corleone juxtaposed with his father's slow rise is the perfect matchup for the plot. Al and De Niro give it their all with the haunting performance of both Michael and Vito. All that has been said is all true. The classic movie in the gangster genre boasting strong direction.

• Dec 29, 2019

Greatest movie ever. Hats off.

Greatest movie ever. Hats off.

• Dec 28, 2019

The best movies about italian Mafia, perfect Trilogy.

The best movies about italian Mafia, perfect Trilogy.