Godzilla - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla Reviews

½ April 20, 2018
This movie is a piece of shit this movie ruined Godzilla forever
March 30, 2018
The laughably bad script that's even cheesier than the Showa films of the 60's and 70's, plot elements directly ripped off from Jurassic Park such as dinosaurs reproducing asexually and the horrible acting from Mattthew Broderick and Marin Pitello, makes this failed first attempt at bringing the King of the Monsters to the west, so bad that not even a half-assed Simpsons reunion of actors Hank Azaria and Harry Shearer, David Arnold's admittably great score and a funny parody of Siskel and Ebert can save this radioactive pile of shit.
March 23, 2018
I grew up with this movie, I loved it as a kid and I love now.
March 20, 2018
Why does this even exist?
½ February 18, 2018
this movie is more like Jurassic park theme than Godzilla and is a disgraceful to the source material has no respect, no love and no justice for the original Godzilla, heck Godzilla 2014 did more justice than Godzilla 1998 does

Grade: F-
jamrcla
½ February 12, 2018
Not as good as it should of been, Very little to remember but a few nice shots of New York destruction, The cast were boring and Godzilla wasn't as fierce as it should of been and it was too predictable that it was hard to really enjoy but they did try a few new ideas like the babies but they weren't much of a threat to really take seriously, It's worth a watch but you will feel let down more than wowed.
January 30, 2018
I really wanted time to kinder to this movie since I haven't seen it in almost 20 years. I love Broderick and Jean Reno and even though they got the spirit of Godzilla totally wrong, he still looks cool, for the most part. The baby Godzillas thought? Nope. Too much like the raptor scenes from Jurassic Park. Reading the interviews with Emmerich prove he was completely wrong for the job. Devlin didn't help matters but he should've been the bigger voice here since he at least understood the material. Godzilla is probably Japan's most popular and beloved export. Hollywood did not pick the right people because said people didn't love Godzilla. In 2014, they finally got it right.
January 28, 2018
A shame to the fan community, Zilla this is no god.
January 21, 2018
This is not Godzilla. It's just a mutated lizard. do whatever you can to avoid this movie.
½ January 13, 2018
running woud be a good idea..

Godzilla

It seems like a parody of the Jurassic Park and that too not funny or in a good way; it's a no go from the first frame to the last even though they may try to make it convoluted, it is not.
December 29, 2017
The US prides themselves for creativity and originality, and when they got the rights to Godzilla they decided to infuse some of this into the movies with their own alterations. Ironically their changes intended to give it flare succeeded at doing nothing more draining it of all originality and interest.
October 8, 2017
this move wasn't great and not perfect but movie been work so hard to Godzilla in America. but I could called Godzilla '98 or Zilla
½ September 27, 2017
Shlock artiste Emmerich regurgitates his "blockbuster" formula and directs a bigger, leaner, CGI generated, fire breathing lizard from traditional home stomping ground Japan to New York City where we discover ... but that would be telling. Jean Reno is the most fun as the Frenchman in the Big Apple. This film is one of my guilty pleasures.
September 26, 2017
viewed on 19/8/04 (Thurs)

I really enjoy the parts when Godzilla goes on a rampage. It is pure entertainment and I want to see more of that, like a kid keep asking for more candies. The movie does not disappoint in this aspect. It is less talk and more SFX. Already I like this more than ID4 and The Day After Tomorrow.

I don't really buy the idea of Godzilla trapped under the cables at the bridge. How will they know the cables will trap it? The bridge doesn't collapse given the sheer size of it? It even jumped.

Nah, looking for loopholes in this kind of SFX blockbuster is really spoiling the fun of watching it. We should not take it so seriously so must the movie. I think that is why B-grade horror films always has a huge base of fans. A movie like this serve better with more visual thrills. Pump money in the SFX department and go all out to entertain. The only way to blow it is to insert some human drama. The actors and their stories are not at the centrestage. We pay money to see Godzilla only so omit the cheesy happy ending. I will cheer when Godzilla is dead but never for the characters' coming-of-age.

I also don't like them making fun of my beloved Uncle Ebert too. It makes them look more like sore losers.

The hint of a sequel is laughable, now that we know so many hated this movie so much that they scrapped the idea.

I think I will like this movie more, and maybe many others, if the movie takes itself less seriously and just enthrall us with those awesome awesome visual effects.

Rating: B-
September 21, 2017
I Can't Even Fucking Believe That Film Got Critically Panned.
½ September 19, 2017
Terrible cgi
Terrible plot
Terrible creature
Terrible idea
Ok soundtrack
D
August 10, 2017
Great VFX. The trailers were impressive back in the day.
½ July 28, 2017
Some might call it a mixed bag. But let me tell you what kind of mixed bag. It's a trash bag that's had a bad day. Like, say your mom cleans out the cat litter. Fresh and stale doody pebbles go right in the bottom of the bag. And then your sister throws out her used tampons, and where do they go? In the same bag. And then your brother comes home, drunk, just upchucks, pukes right into the bag. Now, I'm not trying to be disgusting, but that is a realistic situation, and what it all comes down to, THAT'S A NASTY BAG.
July 14, 2017
its just a fun block buster
½ May 2, 2017
What a stupid movie! If you want to see dinosaurs chasing people then watch "Jurassic Park".