Godzilla - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla Reviews

March 27, 2017
I like it as a monster movie of it own. But this "Godzilla" movie is terrible everything about this film is completely WRONG design, his character is nothing like Godzilla at all, it doesn't feature Godzilla, this monster trying to be Godzilla's character (Jurassic park) the story, the characters are blend one scene "Godzilla" arrive in New York city destroying (cars and scratching buildings) then he suddenly disappeared in front of 8 million of people he suddenly disappeared, honestly this is unrealistic if ppl do see him then why any policeman or security camera could have caught him where he went? this is one of the most pathetic excuse for been "realistic" approach. The script is poorly written and the human characters are lame and awkward most scene. I rather watch Godzilla 2014 than this movie at least 2014 version is more faithful and respectful to the original Godzilla but 1998 version is nothing more but garbage. worst Godzilla movie
½ March 24, 2017
Since the original godzilla is waaay before my time, I'm pretty loyal to the '98 version. I loved this movie and despite the terrible lighting (its horribly dark throughout the movie :( ) i think this godzilla is much better than the original. The japanese original was cheesy and unappealing to me. I couldnt even get through 10 minutes of the original. Instead of looking like a mutated lizard looks more like a fat guy in a mutant teddy bear suit. I know its from the 50s though. I think the 90s godzilla was more believable and more appealing. I know the original has one hell of a cult following and thats why most people were not open to it but i still love the '98 godzilla. I think to say it was complete crap is unfair especially considering that the 90s version does have a following as well. I think its good that someone improved on the design, but if someone thinks its crap their welcome to go back to the original
½ March 19, 2017
The Godzilla looked like a overgrown T-REX , but everything else like dialogues and performances from actors were good.
½ March 17, 2017
this movie is shit. don't watch it.
jamrcla
½ March 13, 2017
Not as good as it should been, Very little to remember but a few nice shots of New York destruction, The cast were boring and Godzilla wasn't as fierce as it should of been, And it was too predictable that it was hard to really enjoy.
½ February 19, 2017
As creative as it is unenjoyable-- for better or worse.
February 12, 2017
October 2012
February 2017
February 10, 2017
start my weekend by rewatch this again. un-ironically, this is the first "godzilla" movie i ever seen back in the day. yes, sure it is not a "godzilla" movie. but, as a standalone monster movie it still has its own merits.
The first 30 minutes is entertaining and the rest of it just a Jurassic Park/ Independence Day knockoff.
January 30, 2017
viewed on 19/8/04 (Thurs)

I really enjoy the parts when Godzilla goes on a rampage. It is pure entertainment and I want to see more of that, like a kid keep asking for more candies. The movie does not disappoint in this aspect. It is less talk and more SFX. Already I like this more than ID4 and The Day After Tomorrow.

I don't really buy the idea of Godzilla trapped under the cables at the bridge. How will they know the cables will trap it? The bridge doesn't collapse given the sheer size of it? It even jumped.

Nah, looking for loopholes in this kind of SFX blockbuster is really spoiling the fun of watching it. We should not take it so seriously so must the movie. I think that is why B-grade horror films always has a huge base of fans. A movie like this serve better with more visual thrills. Pump money in the SFX department and go all out to entertain. The only way to blow it is to insert some human drama. The actors and their stories are not at the centrestage. We pay money to see Godzilla only so omit the cheesy happy ending. I will cheer when Godzilla is dead but never for the characters' coming-of-age.

I also don't like them making fun of my beloved Uncle Ebert too. It makes them look more like sore losers.

The hint of a sequel is laughable, now that we know so many hated this movie so much that they scrapped the idea.

I think I will like this movie more, and maybe many others, if the movie takes itself less seriously and just enthrall us with those awesome awesome visual effects.

Rating: B-
½ December 15, 2016
i really did like this movie
December 9, 2016
Absolute shit. Almost ruined Godzilla (thank god for Godzilla 2000). Acting is poor and bland, plot is meh, Godzilla (sorry its just ZILLA, not worthy of GOD) doesn't even represent himself here. Its just eye-candy thats boring, forgettable and almost raped Godzilla and Toho! What an absolute anal atom bomb of a film!
November 14, 2016
this is not a bad movie it a fun,action movie.this movie get hated on to much
November 9, 2016
A perfect example of why you shouldn't let Roland Emmerich remake a movie.
October 24, 2016
Godzilla lives up to the energy and excitement I've always saw it as!
October 19, 2016
Would love it if Godzilla was the real Godzilla and they didn't die so easily. They just roped off Jurassic park
September 17, 2016
Just plain terrible.
½ September 10, 2016
It'll make you want Godzilla to destroy your TV instead of NYC.
½ September 6, 2016
Better than it gets credit for. Does some incredible stuff with rain and searchlights. Is engaging. Is it great? Fuck no. But it's good.
½ September 5, 2016
You need to fix the title of the movie.

and when Hank Azaria is the most entertaining part of a movie with so many big names,that's horrid.
Loud and unnecessary movie.
½ September 3, 2016
People said that the 2014 film didn't have enough Godzilla. This one however was lacking one completely.