Godzilla - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla Reviews

July 14, 2016
I love this Godzilla 90s film
July 4, 2016
Oh hail the one the only ZILLA!!!!!!!!!
½ June 20, 2016
Ferris Bueller, you're NOT my hero. Dear sweet baby Jesus this was a bad movie. The lead track from the soundtrack was a P Diddy rap sampling Led Zeppelin's Kashmir song that even was laughable. Godzilla terrorizes New York City, we find out he is really a she (don't make fun or PC Principal will get you), builds a nest in Madison Square Garden and has babies that are like Jurassic Park velociraptors. This movie is so so so bad.
June 13, 2016
Godzilla is huge and destroys everything in his path but apparently he can live in sewers.
June 5, 2016
Not as good as it should been, Very little to remember but a few nice shots of New York destruction, The cast were boring and Godzilla wasn't as fierce as it should of been.
½ June 5, 2016
This film is so bad! I know it's meant to be good but seriously?! I wouldn't die to see this film! Godzilla starts okay but then carries on horribly wrong! I would rate this film no stars if I could! Not kidding! Dorset is a lovely holiday for me but watching the film made me sick and I mean literally! I was sick before anyway! DON'T WATCH THIS FILM AS IT'S SO BAD!!!!
½ June 1, 2016
Not exactly everything I'd look for in a typical Godzilla movie, but a decent story and awesome design!
May 20, 2016
Good movie and good effects
May 14, 2016
Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich followed up their huge success with "Independence Day" with this weak American remake/reboot of Godzilla. The film starts out promising, with scientist Matthew Broderick being scooped up by the government to help them investigate the effects of radiation on what is likely a new monstrous creature. The cast is solid, with Jean Reno, Maria Pitillo, Hank Azaria, Kevin Dunn, Michael Lerner, Harry Shearer, Vicki Lewis, Nancy Cartwright, Richard Gant, and my favorite 80s/90s stuntman Al Leong and you even have Gretchen Mol in an uncredited role as a reporter. However, the film is a real slog at nearly two and a half hours. When this film came out, it was a direct attempt to show up "Jurassic Park" with an even bigger dinosaur creature and took the same serious tone. I think where Devlin and Emmerich went wrong is that they forgot the playful tone they brought to the action and adventure they had in their previous films like "Stargate" and "Independence Day." Emmerich is a solid action director, but he's no Spielberg. Maybe if this film was edited down to a tight 90 minutes, it may have worked better.
½ May 13, 2016
A laughable attempt to bring a great Japanese icon to the American audiences
May 4, 2016
One of the most amazing movies ever!
April 8, 2016
I like that movie, not that bad. I really like the movie atmosphere...!
April 3, 2016
That's a lot of fish
March 28, 2016
This is a remake that is better then the original. This is the best Godzilla movie. This have got to be the best scenes fiction movie I have ever seen. See it. It will blow your mind
½ March 23, 2016
Why was this even made?
March 22, 2016
Cashing in on (and blatantly ripping off) the mega-successful Jurassic Park, Roland Emmerich's film is an insulting transmogrification of the original Godzilla parable into one of history's least engaging disaster films.
March 11, 2016
Incredibly corny and cheap lines aside, Godzilla has much to offer for a turn of the century, popcorn entertainment sci-fi flick.
March 9, 2016
This is one of guilty free movies that I enjoy.
The story is cliche: so what
Godzilla looks like the T-Rex: so what
Baby Godzilla looks like Velociraptors from Jurassic Park: so what
I like this movie
½ March 4, 2016
Para mi es regular, ya que para ser de 1998. la película esta bien lograda y a mi me en canto la parte en la que Goodzilla resulta estar vivo
½ February 28, 2016
In my opinion, this is the worst godzilla film. Godzilla's revenge has one entertaining quality, how stupid it is. This movie contains. Creature that has no relation to godzilla, crappy cgi, meh acting, and "godzilla" gets killed by missiles!