Godzilla - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla Reviews

October 19, 2016
Would love it if Godzilla was the real Godzilla and they didn't die so easily. They just roped off Jurassic park
September 17, 2016
Just plain terrible.
½ September 10, 2016
It'll make you want Godzilla to destroy your TV instead of NYC.
½ September 6, 2016
Better than it gets credit for. Does some incredible stuff with rain and searchlights. Is engaging. Is it great? Fuck no. But it's good.
½ September 5, 2016
You need to fix the title of the movie.

and when Hank Azaria is the most entertaining part of a movie with so many big names,that's horrid.
Loud and unnecessary movie.
½ September 3, 2016
People said that the 2014 film didn't have enough Godzilla. This one however was lacking one completely.
August 16, 2016
What a bad, Americanized look at a franchise that meant everything to my childhood.
August 7, 2016
This started off well with some humor. Then when you see Godzilla, the film is ruined. It continues to be entertaining but it should have been called something else. This is not Godzilla. This is a movie about a giant asexual lizard that hatches velociraptors.
½ July 28, 2016
Ehhh... Matthew Broderick has a not so great performance
July 14, 2016
I love this Godzilla 90s film
July 4, 2016
Oh hail the one the only ZILLA!!!!!!!!!
½ June 20, 2016
Ferris Bueller, you're NOT my hero. Dear sweet baby Jesus this was a bad movie. The lead track from the soundtrack was a P Diddy rap sampling Led Zeppelin's Kashmir song that even was laughable. Godzilla terrorizes New York City, we find out he is really a she (don't make fun or PC Principal will get you), builds a nest in Madison Square Garden and has babies that are like Jurassic Park velociraptors. This movie is so so so bad.
June 13, 2016
Godzilla is huge and destroys everything in his path but apparently he can live in sewers.
June 5, 2016
Not as good as it should been, Very little to remember but a few nice shots of New York destruction, The cast were boring and Godzilla wasn't as fierce as it should of been.
½ June 5, 2016
This film is so bad! I know it's meant to be good but seriously?! I wouldn't die to see this film! Godzilla starts okay but then carries on horribly wrong! I would rate this film no stars if I could! Not kidding! Dorset is a lovely holiday for me but watching the film made me sick and I mean literally! I was sick before anyway! DON'T WATCH THIS FILM AS IT'S SO BAD!!!!
½ June 1, 2016
Not exactly everything I'd look for in a typical Godzilla movie, but a decent story and awesome design!
May 20, 2016
Good movie and good effects
May 14, 2016
Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich followed up their huge success with "Independence Day" with this weak American remake/reboot of Godzilla. The film starts out promising, with scientist Matthew Broderick being scooped up by the government to help them investigate the effects of radiation on what is likely a new monstrous creature. The cast is solid, with Jean Reno, Maria Pitillo, Hank Azaria, Kevin Dunn, Michael Lerner, Harry Shearer, Vicki Lewis, Nancy Cartwright, Richard Gant, and my favorite 80s/90s stuntman Al Leong and you even have Gretchen Mol in an uncredited role as a reporter. However, the film is a real slog at nearly two and a half hours. When this film came out, it was a direct attempt to show up "Jurassic Park" with an even bigger dinosaur creature and took the same serious tone. I think where Devlin and Emmerich went wrong is that they forgot the playful tone they brought to the action and adventure they had in their previous films like "Stargate" and "Independence Day." Emmerich is a solid action director, but he's no Spielberg. Maybe if this film was edited down to a tight 90 minutes, it may have worked better.
½ May 13, 2016
A laughable attempt to bring a great Japanese icon to the American audiences
May 4, 2016
One of the most amazing movies ever!