Good Will Hunting - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Good Will Hunting Reviews

August 9, 2017
Watching this film again after a very long time, I felt it not really able to hold up as I expected with a kind-of simple and straightforward plot. Still, the dialogues and monologues are extraordinary (kudos to Damon and Affleck!), the treatments of all characters are delightfully heart-warming and humanistic (a specific trait of Gus Van Sant), and the settings just make me miss Boston and Cambridge deeply.
August 7, 2017
Good Will Hunting manages to boasts raw emotion in it's characters with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck's Screenplay plus Robin Williams iconic performance as Sean Maguire
½ July 30, 2017
Very good writing and acted well. I miss Robin Williams.
July 11, 2017
An amazing script with some great dialogues that make you forgive its predictable plot. Good Will Hunting contains reflective and unexpectedly funny dialogues, great and complex characters, an interesting romantic relationship and an amazing performance from Robin Williams. Special mention to the scene where Sean dissects Matt Damon's charcter on a bench and where Sean and Gerry fight over him and that brings out some old wounds. Honestly I thought that was so geniune and honest to the point where I could see myself and Steven having that kind of relationship in a few decades.
½ July 11, 2017
An original story about Will Hunting, a janitor at M.I.T., who has a gift for mathematics, but needs help from a psychologist to find direction in his life, because he is deviated, insolent and arrogant. It is a very intelligent movie and its script is so well written that it is obvious it was from Harvard student Matt Damon, for which he and Ben Affleck won their Academy Award. Robin Williams' performance also deserved his Oscar. Anyway Matt Damon is so unpleasant here.
June 27, 2017
Matt Damon and Robin Williams are amazing in there roles. The plot was very good even if the story got a little predictable at times. It was very entertaining and emotional.

9.5/10
June 21, 2017
Overall, just a fantastic movie. Great cast, storyline, and emotion.
June 18, 2017
Good Will Hunting is a movie capable of abraiding your emotions in all of his scenes.
Every conversation was chosen accurately and the script was wonderful by damon and affleck.
Also the final scenes are really very emotional.
June 18, 2017
Just great!!A brilliant story. Robin Williams proves here again that hes a great actor.
June 14, 2017
The epitome of the right kind of drama, deep, powerful, moving. Captures the human experience in a way other simple stories cannot. Williams and Damon feel so genuine, acting their character flaws to create the most perfectly imperfect, bittersweet journey.
June 13, 2017
Very good performance and story, not much bad to say about this one.
May 30, 2017
Though this drama does follow a predictable narrative, the script in places doesn't work for me and a few scenes seem unnecessary this is still an entertaining and solidly acted film that features a great cast, good score/soundtrack and is engaging enough in its study of these characters and engages you enough to care about the journey they go on throughout the film.
½ May 12, 2017
Could do without the language, but great movie nonetheless.
½ May 11, 2017
one of the most overrated films ever
May 7, 2017
As a filmmaker and film critic, there's a few times a month that someone will ask me what my top ten favorite films are. That list fluctuates and changes over time, but there are a few constants: Martin Scorsese's "Taxi Driver," Tony Kaye's "American History X," and Gus Van Sant's "Good Will Hunting."

This film has something special about it, outside of the obvious elements of a great script and a stellar cast, which is it's striking ability to shift between pathos and uplift. That's not easy to do, but Van Sant achieves it in spades.

The meat of the film, however, comes from the beautiful subtext. This is a film with purpose. It's about individuality versus ability, self-worth versus self-sufficiency, knowledge versus wisdom, and striving to discover one's own purpose and fighting to achieve peace. "Good Will Hunting" is an important film.
April 29, 2017
The class struggle at the film's core, while a bit obvious, is undeniably compelling. That said there are few too many pointed speeches and the whole thing gets a bit maudlin at times.
½ April 27, 2017
At first I was not a big fan of this movie because it moved kind of slow, but it in turn moved me. The story is woven almost seamlessly, and the acting is of a diffrent caliber when it comes to the leads. There are uncomfortable close ups and spanning wide city shoots, no angle is missed and neither can this film be.
April 19, 2017
One of my favorite movies
April 19, 2017
just a fantastic movie. of you haven't seen the yet, you've made a terrible mistake.
April 13, 2017
Emotion-driven, psychological drama at its finest. With one of Damon and Williams's best performances till date, It's a movie difficult to resist.