Good Will Hunting - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Good Will Hunting Reviews

July 28, 2016
A great, feel good story featuring two of the most likable people in Hollywood, Robin Williams and Matt Damon. Well acted and well directed, this is a good movie to rewatch again and again during moments of boredom.
July 21, 2016
Beautiful, amazing movie!
½ July 21, 2016
Love this movie though I wish there were more mathematics.
½ July 20, 2016
While I found the "redemption and connection" scene to be a little too easy and predictable, it was well-acted by Robin Williams and Matt Damon, as was the rest of the film. The entire cast, from Affleck to Driver to Skarsard were all good. Matt Damon and Affleck continue their on-screen synergy and the story is uplifting and ends on a fantastic note.
July 19, 2016
Good movie. I wish it had more of him solving stuff and becoming the next Albert Einstein instead of him dealing with his personal issues.
July 16, 2016
I really liked it. The story is interesting and the acting is really good. I recommend it.
½ July 11, 2016
Great but the ending is not satisfying
July 10, 2016
Corny in spots (especially the argument between Minnie Driver and Matt Damon), it was still enjoyable. Would recommend.
½ July 8, 2016
While I admire the filmmaking (and the music is particularly delightful given the year), this movie stands on the power of it humanity.
July 6, 2016
A must see for the people of New England! "How do you like them apples?"
July 5, 2016
The film was good until it reached the 2nd half, after that the movie got boring at times and the ending was okay. Despite that, the movie was still a very good movie.
July 3, 2016
Absolutely incredible in performances and in story telling. Favorite movie.
½ July 2, 2016
This was even better than I remember. Van Sant's surprisingly subtle direction wonderfully presents a vision of classism in a "post-class" society. Damon is fantastic, showing how pain-based pride can ruin lives if given the chance to run rampant...and his crying scene has such a palpable sense of relief and release. An infinitely entertaining warm blanket of dialogue and characters that hasn't lost a step.
July 1, 2016
"Good Will Hunting" delivers a strong message about personal ability and power, perhaps too strong. I'm not saying it is offensive (although it does get mean-spirited at times), but the film is about getting out of your comfort zone and taking advantage of special talents. Some may be offended, as it doesn't tell you to choose, it forces you. The movie will make either ashamed or proud of the message, depending on who you are. Honestly, this movie had me thinking about my life and my future as a teenager for personal reasons.

I guess I spoiled the moral for everyone, but I would to give a warning for people who have confidence issues. I apologize. But it still an interesting, and entertaining film nevertheless.
June 30, 2016
Good Will Hunting is one of those films that can be re-watched over and over and over again. It is a flawless film.
June 26, 2016
Good Will Hunting is an original movie that is emotional, especially the scenes with Sean (Robin Williams) and Will (Matt Damon), smart, and contains great performances that in the end make Good Will Hunting a really good drama.
June 25, 2016
Like the Tesla, this should be rated more than 100%. Thank you Robin Williams.
June 22, 2016
When the greatest equation we need to solve is ourselves. When we have one of the greatest gifts, of a brain to solve equations that many take years to solve, we belong in a class of our own with other memorable great minds. When some equations are hard to solve because we are searching in the wrong places, looking at the wrong variables, until we stumble on it and realize we solved a problem. When we have a genius mind but we are more focused on other things. When we have be learning our whole life for fun, but lived a tragic life to do anything about it, we hide such gifts as they are useless in a world where we had to always fight to make it. When we are influenced with equations to solve life's problems, to being influenced from our friends to solve life's problems, to being influenced by professors and teachers to solve your life's problem from a deeper insight. When we needed the right guidance, the right friends, and the right love to make us enjoy life, learnibg, and doing what we enjoy or intended to do all along. When some equations we solve faster than others, and able to dig deeper than others. And other equations we can't solve, because we are never looking at it to solve it, when it scares us. When we follow great artists, theorists, scientists and many great minds in how they accomplish such great works, we know what a great mind takes when we share the same keen eye as them. When not all equations ate equations, we a stencil of how to complete great works. When we expected for greatness that we are not all surprised that we made this far in life's equation of success. When great equations need problem solvers who have their right mind set to continue, motivated to do so. When we come along way to solve life's problems without our fists, and get on the right track and road. When we needed to find someone similar to us, that understands us to solve our problems, of being alone in this state of mind.
June 21, 2016
A outstanding history with a outstanding Matt Damon.
June 13, 2016
Not only is it an incredible love letter to their hometown, but a fantastic character piece with a supportive story that will make you laugh and cry, all while bringing a beautiful story that's smart and unique.