Good Will Hunting - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Good Will Hunting Reviews

½ September 18, 2017
high expectations ruins good watch
September 18, 2017
One of the best movies I have ever watched. The acting was impeccable, and the story well done. I could identify with the struggles of Will, and although some of his decisions were baffling to me, it was a thought provoking and powerful movie.
September 16, 2017
This movie has eluded me for 20 years. I've always seemed to miss it. Simplest words. Awesome movie!
September 15, 2017
Good dramatic movie starring Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Ben's little brother Casey Affleck and the man who stole the show aka every part he was in I paid my full attention and he should have been in more but I'm good, robin Williams . Matt Damon s character for me, I didn't like him, will hunter, the scenes were he cried with robin Williams were good but Matt Damon s acting back then isn't as good as him now. I would never watch this sad depressing movie and I get why Matt Damon didn't win the Oscar because he's not ready, he was ready for the Martian but not this movie.
½ September 14, 2017
I love this movie. It's deeply emotional, has great direction, and at times packs political bite.
September 13, 2017
Good Will hunting is extremely well written by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck and gives phenomenal performances by Matt Damon and Robin Williams! It's such a great film and the story of how a troubled genius who does a little therapy and comes out like a brand new person is truly spectacular and is a must see!
September 6, 2017
This is a really great movie. Very powerful and moving.
September 5, 2017
One of the most heartfelt scripts out there.
September 4, 2017
Good Will Hunting is by far the greatest film ever made (in my opinion of course)
it combines everything that I love about film in the best way possible way, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck have captured the true reason that I love about film this is also the best Robin Williams performance this is a true MUST WATCH MOVIE NOW!!
½ August 31, 2017
I expected this to be inspirational but I didn't expect it to be such a brilliant combination of emotional and unsentimental. The characters are all rough around the edges and there is no easy answer to anything which makes it feel relatable and powerful. Matt Damon and Robin Williams are both superb. It's impressive how young Affleck and Damon were when they wrote this film: incredible.
August 27, 2017
Deserving of all the praise it received.
½ August 20, 2017
They wrote this in their mid/late 20s? Incredible...
August 9, 2017
Watching this film again after a very long time, I felt it not really able to hold up as I expected with a kind-of simple and straightforward plot. Still, the dialogues and monologues are extraordinary (kudos to Damon and Affleck!), the treatments of all characters are delightfully heart-warming and humanistic (a specific trait of Gus Van Sant), and the settings just make me miss Boston and Cambridge deeply.
August 7, 2017
Good Will Hunting manages to boasts raw emotion in it's characters with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck's Screenplay plus Robin Williams iconic performance as Sean Maguire
½ July 30, 2017
Very good writing and acted well. I miss Robin Williams.
July 11, 2017
An amazing script with some great dialogues that make you forgive its predictable plot. Good Will Hunting contains reflective and unexpectedly funny dialogues, great and complex characters, an interesting romantic relationship and an amazing performance from Robin Williams. Special mention to the scene where Sean dissects Matt Damon's charcter on a bench and where Sean and Gerry fight over him and that brings out some old wounds. Honestly I thought that was so geniune and honest to the point where I could see myself and Steven having that kind of relationship in a few decades.
½ July 11, 2017
An original story about Will Hunting, a janitor at M.I.T., who has a gift for mathematics, but needs help from a psychologist to find direction in his life, because he is deviated, insolent and arrogant. It is a very intelligent movie and its script is so well written that it is obvious it was from Harvard student Matt Damon, for which he and Ben Affleck won their Academy Award. Robin Williams' performance also deserved his Oscar. Anyway Matt Damon is so unpleasant here.
June 27, 2017
Matt Damon and Robin Williams are amazing in there roles. The plot was very good even if the story got a little predictable at times. It was very entertaining and emotional.

9.5/10
June 21, 2017
Overall, just a fantastic movie. Great cast, storyline, and emotion.
June 18, 2017
Good Will Hunting is a movie capable of abraiding your emotions in all of his scenes.
Every conversation was chosen accurately and the script was wonderful by damon and affleck.
Also the final scenes are really very emotional.