Good Will Hunting - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Good Will Hunting Reviews

January 17, 2018
I watched this movie a few years ago and it blew me away. I really liked the end.
½ January 6, 2018
I made an account to rate this movie. Screw this movie. Cliffhanger endings are garbage. The only thing this movie is good for is ripping your heart out, making you question you life, and then leaving you at the alter.
½ December 29, 2017
***TIMELESS, THOUGHT-PROVOKING, COMING-OF-AGE FILM WITH BEST ENSEMBLE CAST***
December 26, 2017
M-F-O

8.5

[Gus Van Sant]
December 21, 2017
Matt Damon and Ben Affleck deliver a strong screenplay with witty but flawed characters, several memorable and iconic moments, and not only that, they both deliver strong performances. But none of that even touches Robin Williams best performance ever put on screen, an incredibly powerful but nuanced performance that delivers every ounce of dialogue with careful precision.

5/5 stars
½ December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Inteligente, profunda, emotiva y reflexiva; con una brillante actuación de Robin Williams.
½ December 13, 2017
Il vero protagonista di Good Will Hunting è l'insieme dei personaggi e la solida sceneggiatura, scritta da due menti giovani e brillanti che non vedevano l'ora di far sentire la propria voce attraverso una storia profonda ed incisiva. Il film nel complesso è molto coinvolgente e terreno, con un messaggio molto solido che traspare soprattutto nel finale. Quello che secondo me manca fin dal principio è il coinvolgimento visivo, caratterizzato solamente da qualche scelta registica funzionale alla narrazione e qualche geniale taglio di montaggio che lega i perfetti dialoghi dei personaggi. Nonostante questo piccolo neo il film funziona, riuscendo a trasmettere emozioni sincere dall'inizio alla fine.
December 12, 2017
arrogant kid with too much choice has a hissy fit about life
November 29, 2017
This is my favorite film of all time. Fabulous plot that arcs showing the realization of the main character's true potential and delivers thevery best of Robin Williams.
November 12, 2017
Robin Williams gives the best performance of his career alongside memorable performances from Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. This masterpiece will have you laughing and crying and by the end feeling reborn.
½ October 30, 2017
Good story, movie and Oscar winning job by Robin Williams.
Edited . Watched a second time . Improved rating by half a star .
Fun to watch a young Damon and affleck :)
October 27, 2017
An astounding script and great storytelling combine to form a beautifully emotional film.
½ October 27, 2017
With all of its accolades over the years, I was expecting more. Good acting from Matt Damon and Robin Williams. Minnie Driver as a lead? I believe she was miscast, and the product of nepotism or a casting couch. This film is dated and unbelievable. There is never a moment that the viewer believes that Matt Damon's character is real. The whole film is somewhat overacted. The beginning tends to drag on and on. "We get it, the protagonist has behavioural issues, move on already!" We are introduced to Robin Williams character late in the film and it doesn't provide much time to build character depth. This is a film that is not at all bad, but it isn't that good either.
½ October 13, 2017
Matt Damon and Robin Williams give the arguably best performance in their careers in this extremely subtle, but no less powerful character study. The director, the actors, the screenwriters- it's nothing less than emotional brilliance.
October 13, 2017
Good Will Hunting's characters, realism, heart and humour all fuse together perfectly, resulting in an outstandingly human film.
½ October 12, 2017
The film has good intentions and ideas where they are best depicted in amazing scenes involving Matt Damon as the titular character and Robin Williams as professor Sean McGuire (in his best dramatic role). Their chemistry is very strong and the ideas and values they talk about are both fascinating and engaging.
I wish that this whole film's plot could've just solely been about these two, but disappointingly, the screenplay written by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck is too incompetent (it's a good thing they stuck to acting I suppose). In between the thought-provoking scenes involving Damon and Williams is a cliché-ridden story told with characters that are not engaging nor have enough backstory for us, the audience, to care about. All I need to say is that it is a romance plot with the titular character and a girl and there's a misunderstood fight between them and....ugh....yeah. It's that same old 'song and dance' we all achingly know.
In fact, the effect the film had on me was a tug-of-war, pulling me back and forth between smart characters with smart dialogue and dumb characters with dumb dialogue.
I'm teetering on the fence for "Good Will Hunting". I want to like this film, but I just can't stomach its amateur plot peppered with intelligent scenes. It (sadly) comes across as Hollywood trying to relate with the smart crowd and failing, which in turn, makes for a phony film.
October 11, 2017
This movie should be taught in schools, not just film but high schools
October 5, 2017
Best thing I've seen in a long time.
September 29, 2017
One of the best films I've seen in a while. This film does an amazing job at making you really sympathize and care about the characters without needing endless flashbacks and drawn out monologues about their past. You figure everything out through the amazingly written dialogue that, with the help of some superb performances by the whole cast, really tell an emotional story that grips you. None of the characters are perfect, they all have their own quirks and issues that they grapple with and personality traits some would deem undesirable. But you can't help to fall in love with them, especially with the main character Will (Matt Damon) and Sean (Robin Williams). The ending is open ended and doesn't give a fairy tale happy ending while still giving you the satisfaction of guessing what happens after the film closes. It's an incredibly satisfying film that is worthy of it's praise.
September 29, 2017
This Film is amazing. The dialogue and chemistry between Robin Williams and Matt Damon is so effortless and passionate. Ben Affleck and Casey Affleck are great in the comedic relief roles! I don?t know how Jimmy Kimmel could make fun of Matt Damon for this performances, One of my all time favorite movies! Highly recommend if you are doing some sole searching!