Grand Piano Reviews

• Dec 20, 2019

Grand Piano is way better than I expected in terms of plot execution and acting.

• Sep 15, 2019

Starts well, finishes incredibly weakly

Starts well, finishes incredibly weakly

• Dec 26, 2018

Great movie, interesting thriller, different from the usual.

Great movie, interesting thriller, different from the usual.

• Nov 01, 2018

The best film never made by Brian De Palma

The best film never made by Brian De Palma

• Oct 24, 2018

Unique suspense. Wood was quite the lead role. Ending could have been better, but still pretty good overall.

• Oct 12, 2018

Lately I found myself defending Damien Chazelle as a writer. Well, maybe I was wrong. This movie is indefensible. Direction, writing, acting, everything is just ugly to watch. How this movie is certified "fresh" is a mistery to me, but if you do not believe me, feel free to waist one hour and a half of your life.

• Jun 14, 2018

This movie is so much fun! such a thrilling roller coaster.

This movie is so much fun! such a thrilling roller coaster.

• Jun 01, 2018

A very quirky and fun film that doesn't try to take itself seriously. If you're expecting a riveting tale and high art, this movie will probably disappoint you. But if you're in the mood for something ridiculous give this a watch. Something about Elijah Wood's face makes him perfect for this role, he just does anxiety so well. Just note that the premise of this movie is silly, and if you think about it you will find many flaws. But it's shot well and does a good job of standing out within the thriller genre.

• Dec 28, 2017

A very smart writing effort form the man who would later bring us 'Whiplash', 'Grand Piano' is a reasonably gripping, intriguing premise, executed well enough that most will be able to say they enjoyed it. Touches of Hitchcock aside, not many will consider it remarkable, and on reflection it seems a little absurd....but it does work.

• Nov 17, 2017

Above average thriller but the 3rd act completely destroys the movie. The 3rd act becomes illogical, lame, boring and overly tedious. Skip this movie for the disappointing ending