Greener Grass Reviews

• 5d ago

This film is so unique, unpredictable and refreshing, and stands out an absolute miles amongst the tiresome, cliche trash comedies that Hollywood has been churning out for years. It takes a little effort to wrap your head around it at first, and I must admit I was initially repulsed by it's off-beat eccentric nature that I almost turned it off. But something about it had sunk it's hooks into me, and I felt compelled to find out what happened next. After about 20 minutes I was in deep. This film absolutely scrambled my brain, it's so impressively unpredictable and exciting to watch. I can't compare it to anything. Definitely destined to be a cult classic, and it's certainly not for everyone. But if you have a bit of an odd sense of humour, and enjoy deep satire like Tim & Eric or Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, you'll enjoy this movie.

• Feb 18, 2020

great absurdist comedy

great absurdist comedy

• Feb 13, 2020

Greener Grass is an utterly unique and bizarre film. Jocelyn DeBoer delivers a great lead performance. All of the supporting performances, including Dawn Luebbe, Beck Bennett, and D’Arcy Carden, were all great as well. The film has a completely unique tone. It’s surrealist humor really worked for me. This film definitely won’t be for everyone though. This reminds me of an Adult Swim type of humor. The way the film skews suburbia is hilarious and at times disturbing. The film can feel like a bunch of sketches mashed together at times, it I was rarely not having a good time. Overall, this film isn’t for everyone. But for people with a twisted sense of humor like myself, it will work very well.

• Feb 09, 2020

Not particularly funny. On the other hand very weird and cringing. Although it's undoubtably interesting with good acting and sets quality. Non of that makes it up for the fact that it doesn't make any sense, storyline is just pure mingle of horse shi...

• Feb 04, 2020

Favorite movie I have seen this year. A surreal madhouse-mirror look at life suburbia. Like David Lynch had a baby with the real housewives. Truly unique, you will either love it or hate it. Though I'm sure it will be divisive, it is destined to be a cult film. I hope to see more from the amazing writing duo behind this film.

• Jan 08, 2020

Suprarealismul si o idee smechera nu scuze lipsa de substanta

Suprarealismul si o idee smechera nu scuze lipsa de substanta

• Dec 31, 2019

I've rented this movie three times and need it to be available to purchase soon, so I can stop renting it.

• Dec 30, 2019

It just tries so hard to be quirky it's painful at times. Acting is great though.

• Dec 27, 2019

a bunch of really weird comedy skits loosely edited into a really weird film... I didn't find it particularly funny,

• Nov 20, 2019