H2: Halloween II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

H2: Halloween II Reviews

January 16, 2017
Nah Movie was kind of Dumb And I don't really understand the story to it much So Yeah Rob Zombie Didn't Go To Well with this film Should've made it better zombie!
½ January 15, 2017
This was alright. Went to see it for the Zombie appeal
January 4, 2017
I do give this follow up film credit for once again giving us a closer look into Michael Myer's psyche. However, this film was not as well structured as its predecessor.
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 24, 2016
Zombie's return to John Carpenter's Halloween franchise isn't quite the breath of fresh air his remake was, but this sequel comes close enough with solid acting and enough blood-saturated violence to honor past installments while breaking some new narrative and character ground.
jamrcla
½ December 3, 2016
Typical slasher film, Lots of Blood and kills but the story was so boring and the ending was just stupid, Michael Myers has always been the one slasher villain I found very boring and this film has done nothing to change that thanks to a very overrated Rob Zombie as director.
½ November 15, 2016
This has a bad story and unlikable characters.
½ November 6, 2016
The most stupidest and disappointing Halloween movie ever. It is horrible than the first remake. A complete waste of time.
½ November 2, 2016
As much as I detested Zombie's 1st stab at taking on the Halloween universe, this entry, as strange as it is, finally feels like Zombie has let loose and reinvented the story and characters that John Carpenter and Debra Hill first introduced. After a truly intense opening sequence (that was more suspenseful than anything in his first Halloween film), Zombie reintroduces us to Laurie Strode, who, after surviving the rampage of the first film, isn't handling it too great. It's a brave choice that few sequels make and Scout Taylor Compton seems up for the challenge of seeing just how far she can go without having the audience turn on her character. Zombie's film is surprisingly character driven with the (mostly) unrelated kill scenes in the first two acts relegated to, what feels like, studio imposed afterthoughts. The real deaths in the film are treated with reverence and deep respect. A character's demise late in the film is, perhaps, one of the most heart wrenching moments of grief ever explored in a horror film and actors Compton, Harris, and Douriff give it there all. In fact, the film is at its best when it's exploring the fractured family dynamic between those three. Granted, the film has a few missteps (less time spent on Michael, his ghostly mother, and a white horse the better), but it's a truly unique sequel in the Halloween canon and one of the most bonkers films to get a wide, mainstream release.
½ October 31, 2016
Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 actually fares ever so slightly better than his previous Halloween film. Here, he gets to make his own take on an original Halloween film. Unfortunately, it's messy and the ending is confusing. In Halloween 2, two years have passed since the events of the previous film and Loomis has become a selfish, money-hungry, uncaring asshole and Laurie is slowly losing her mind thanks to what appears to be a psychic connection with her older brother, mental trauma from the events of the previous film, and possibly genetics (The film does seem to imply Laurie may have inherited the same madness her brother is inflicted with). Speaking of Michael, he has become someone best resembling a shambling, bearded, old man hobo. He wanders around aimlessly, committing random murders here and there and is plauged by constant visions of his dead mother with a white horse (oh, and he communicates with her via a version of his 10 year old self). He seems to be downright pissed throughout most of the film as his murders are much more brutal this time around. I'm not a fan of the grunts he makes whenever he stabs people, and he actually speaks a word near the end. Believe it or not, I'm ok with this version of Michael). To the film's credit, there are some shots that are gorgeous to look at and the atmosphere is that of a rich Halloween nightmare. Brad Douriff and Danielle Harris are the real standouts here, although I definitely liked Laurie a little more than I did in Halloween. Zombie's sequel isn't a good film, but it has some interesting ideas, haunting visuals, and the deaths are better executed here (pardon the pun). Thankfully, this appears to be Zombie's last Halloween film, thus ending this unsuccessful but interesting take on the Halloween franchise.
½ October 27, 2016
This movie is absolute dog shit.
½ October 22, 2016
Horrible movie...not only was it a waste of money... it was a loss of time. If you want to hear swearing every other word, see lots of blood you will get that and that only....wow what a bad movie!
October 22, 2016
There's some originality but it's mostly covered in garbage.
½ October 19, 2016
It's got problems for sure but it does a lot of stuff real well, some stuff better than I've ever seen in a horror movie. That first act is like godly in particular
October 2, 2016
A sequel that focus more on the psychological aspect of both succeeds and fails in it's own way. Seeing how each character has changed since the last film is a huge plus. But the entire White Horse imagery and seeing Michael's state of mind takes a bigger step back than the other took forward.
October 1, 2016
loved this one when he returns
½ September 22, 2016
its horrible . everytime i see it on a dollar shelf at a store i wanna buy it to throw it away so their is one less to buy
½ September 19, 2016
What a beautiful... steaming... pile of dung this is!!!
½ September 2, 2016
My second favorite horror movie ever (Carrie 1976) is my favorite. Loved every minute of this and saw it 5 times in the theater alone. I hope RZ's 13 is even half this good.
½ August 24, 2016
2.5/5. The first act is really great, but after that it's pretty meh. It's got a few decent moments, but mostly it's just really weird. I will give credit to Rob Zombie for trying something different...but just because it's different, doesn't mean it's good.