H2: Halloween II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

H2: Halloween II Reviews

½ September 22, 2016
its horrible . everytime i see it on a dollar shelf at a store i wanna buy it to throw it away so their is one less to buy
½ September 19, 2016
What a beautiful... steaming... pile of dung this is!!!
½ September 2, 2016
My second favorite horror movie ever (Carrie 1976) is my favorite. Loved every minute of this and saw it 5 times in the theater alone. I hope RZ's 13 is even half this good.
½ August 26, 2016
Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 actually fares ever so slightly better than his previous Halloween film. Here, he gets to make his own take on an original Halloween film. Unfortunately, it's messy and the ending is confusing. In Halloween 2, two years have passed since the events of the previous film and Loomis has become into a selfish, money-hungry, uncaring asshole and Laurie is slowly losing her mind thanks to what appears to be a psychic connection with her older brother, mental trauma from the events of the previous film, and possibly genetics (The film does seem to imply Laurie may have inherited the same madness her brother is inflicted with). Speaking of Michael, he has become someone best resembling a shambling, bearded, old man hobo. He wanders around aimlessly, committing random murders here and there and is plauged by constant visions of his dead mother with a white horse (oh, and he communicates with her via a version of his 10 year old self). He seems to be downright pissed throughout most of the film as his murders are much more brutal this time around. I'm not a fan of the grunts he makes whenever he stabs people, and he actually speaks a word near the end. Believe it or not, I'm ok with this version of Michael). To the film's credit, there are some shots that are gorgeous to look at and the atmosphere is that of a rich Halloween nightmare. Brad Douriff and Danielle Harris are the real standouts here, although I definitely liked Laurie a little more than I did in Halloween. Zombie's sequel isn't a good film, but it has some interesting ideas, haunting visuals, and the deaths are better executed here (pardon the pun). Thankfully, this appears to be Zombie's last Halloween film, thus ending this unsuccessful but interesting take on the Halloween franchise.
½ August 24, 2016
2.5/5. The first act is really great, but after that it's pretty meh. It's got a few decent moments, but mostly it's just really weird. I will give credit to Rob Zombie for trying something different...but just because it's different, doesn't mean it's good.
August 23, 2016
Feb. 17th 2010,
October 13th 2011
August 21st -22nd 2016
August 19, 2016
one of the best under og (1978)
½ July 15, 2016
One of the worst horror movies ever made. I don't know if there is anything good in this film. I mean who thinks a white horse is scary or crashing into a cow. There is no suspended in the whole movie, and Michael barely puts on his mask!
½ July 15, 2016
To be fair, Zombie shows a lot more talent here than in the first but the film is still awful in more ways than one.
½ July 11, 2016
Don't bother, I won't waste my time even commenting on this film.
July 9, 2016
Halloween 2 is an attempt by Rob Zombie to make it his own film. It has little to do with the original Halloween 2 and is unique. But, a lot of the film doesn't work for me, they completely change Loomis in this film and Michael looks like a hobo throughout. Those are just a few problems I have. I respect Zombie's attempt at an original film, but this Halloween isn't very good.
July 7, 2016
Halloween 2 is a good attempt by Rob Zombie to make it his own film. It has little to do with the original Halloween 2 and is unique. But, a lot of the film doesn't work for me, they completely change Loomis in this film and Michael looks like a hobo throughout. Those are just a few problems I have. I respect Zombie's attempt at an original film, but this Halloween isn't very good.
June 22, 2016
While it is nice that Zombie didn't continue to follow the old sequel to create his sequel, this film is just a disappointing follow-up to his first Halloween. If you are a die hard horror fan, you probably will still check it out but don't expect to be impressed.
½ June 21, 2016
Really?...Really?...Really?
June 19, 2016
An unrelenting assault on the senses, and not in a good way.
½ May 26, 2016
As much as I hate this film, I still think it's better then Halloween (2007).
½ May 24, 2016
It isn't quite the breath of fresh air that Zombie offered in his 2007 remake, but he still manages to deliver a dark, psychologically unsettling sequel loaded with tension and a fascinating intertwined chemistry between its hero and villain.
½ May 6, 2016
Wiping all hope inspired from the first, Rob Zombie drops the ball hard on a franshise that he could have built based on the psyche he developed in his first entry.
½ March 15, 2016
Terrible follow up to the brilliant remake which was better than the original. This movie just isn't Rob trying. He didn't want to make the movie, and it shows. Michael walks around without a mask a lot, acts unlike him, and even does something at the end that breaks his character, so this movie if not for some of the characters and nice camera work, it would be totally pointless. Plus the opening was awesome. Loved the hospital scene.
½ March 8, 2016
A massive step down from its predecessor, but is still a fun watch. A very depressing film for those who are not into hardcore dark horror but is worth a watch for those that are.