H2: Halloween II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

H2: Halloween II Reviews

½ November 24, 2017
It's a step down from the 2007 film and from the original Halloween II, but H2 is just scary, gory, and suspenseful enough to make up for most of its flaws. Scout Taylor Compton gives another fantastic performance as Laurie Strode, and Tyler Mane is still terrifying as Michael Myers. Brad Dourif surprisingly stand out as arguably the best part of the movie, delivering a powerful and emotional performance as Sheriff Leigh Brackett, especially (SPOILER ALERT) in the scene where he finds his daughter dead. I didn't cry, but I came close. If you need one good reason to watch this movie, watch it for Dourif's performance. The more character-based plot loses some entertainment value though, and Rob Zombie's direction could have been better. That being said, the final showdown is well-executed, and the ending is eerily beautiful.
½ November 24, 2017
This is mostly weird than scary. This film is terrible like Halloween Ressurection was a better movie. 2/10
November 15, 2017
2/5. The first act is really great, but after that it's pretty meh. It's got a few decent moments, but mostly it's just really weird. I will give credit to Rob Zombie for trying something different...but just because it's different, doesn't mean it's good.
½ November 12, 2017
Saw this at the cinema when it came out, and until this day have no desire to see it again.
Michael Myers has always been boring and this film did nothing to change that.
November 7, 2017
Personally, I found Halloween II the darkest of any Rob Zombie film, and certainly more menacing than any other Halloween film to date. It's full of tortured, nasty, hateful, abhorrent, violent and crude characters, and that's just the good guys! Mikey is back, in a big way. His look is a little different, but in a realistic "I'm-a-serial-murdering-insane-homeless-giant" kind of a way. And although the bleak, demoralizing nature of the film made it painful to watch at times, I would say it was worth it overall. Featuring some strong acting, a surreal but accomplished script, an absolutely amazing soundtrack, and a totally absorbing storyline, Halloween II is a worthy entry into one of the most successful horror franchises of all time.

-Gimly
November 5, 2017
An improvement both visually and thematically, H2 seems to have a stronger grasp on its psychological leftovers of the first film but still spends time on disposable characters that engage in meaningless college-talk dialogue, sexual expression, and an acute lack of awareness. The final moments of the film suggest a hopeless journey but the follow up brings with it an appealing final showdown.
November 1, 2017
I thought Rob Zombie's Halloween was passable in quality, but this sequel is abysmal. In this sequel, people are subjected to painfully dumb segments featuring Michael Myer's mother, a white horse, and a young version of himself doing weird things in strange fantasy-like environments. The killings are over-the-top gory to try and compensate for a lack of scares/lack of coherent writing. One of the worst things in this movie is that Zombie actually made me hate Laurie; he made her a foul-mouthed insane person who constantly snapped at her friend and wanted to get wasted. By the end of the movie, I was hoping everyone would die and this would be the last Halloween for awhile. [UPDATE: While everyone didn't die, I didn't have to worry about a new Halloween movie being made until 2018.]
October 31, 2017
One word. Disappointment. Actually enjoyed H1 but this one was rough. The flow was spotty at best and most importantly ruined the character of Samuel Loomis, which was arguably the greatest part of the franchise, even over Michael Myers himself.
October 30, 2017
I would really like to say that this movie does offer a few scenes of suspense and disturbing imagery but none of it works at all as this movie is so self serious about a psychic connection between Laurie and Michael as well as its horribly unlikable characters and predictability that you probably will be disturbed but not in a Psycho or Omen type way. But hey, we have Michael Myers eating a dog's heart so why not.
½ October 24, 2017
Dumb not entertaining as the first one, yes I mean the first reboot, not the 70s version.
October 22, 2017
its really a good movie!!!
½ October 19, 2017
Fucking awful. Just fucking awful. Please, don't waste your time on this crap. Worst Rob Zombie film ever. Scout Taylor-Compton's screaming made my ears bleed. I hope Malcolm McDowell got paid HUGE for this. Tyler Mane's portrayal was still fine, much like the first.
½ October 14, 2017
Halloween 2 is pure filth with excessive profanity over the top violence that tries way to hard to gross you out,all of the actors give terrible performances in this movie and the dialogue is written like this "so I fucking went to this fucking cunts fucking store and bought some shit mother fucker" imagine that for two hours.,,,¢,,,,¦,,,,¢,,,,¦,,¢,,,¦,,¢,,,¦,¢,,¦¢,¦â¦o
½ October 7, 2017
If Rob Zombies first Halloween flick didn't deliver the goods, this sequel wasn't going to either.
September 23, 2017
This s the worst Halloween movie EVER
September 18, 2017
Bland, boring, and full of gore with no suspense and cheap jumpscares, this is just another disappointment in the Halloween franchise.
September 8, 2017
love it I love all Michael Myers Movies
½ September 3, 2017
Rob Zombie returns to recreate the Halloween franchise with his second entry which is slightly less ambitious than his first but nonetheless jarring and tense. Scout Taylor-Compton returns as Laurie Strode who one year later finds that Michael Myers isn't really dead. Malcolm McDowell reprises his role as Dr. Loomis, this time coming off as a money-grubber who is promoting his book in Haddonfield, IL; where the initial murders took place. The characters are still well etched and the fantasy sequences provide us with a much-needed break from the brutality that Michael inflicts throughout the film. More violent and less emphatic than the first; but still an enjoyable slasher yarn.
½ August 2, 2017
While I like the 1st Rob Zombie Halloween, I thought this one was worse.
July 16, 2017
The whole movie in a word - crap. So disappointed. But what did I expect from Halloween 2 other than that. I rate it a star just because they got the gore right.