Half the Picture Reviews

• Oct 26, 2018

Great directors line up one after the other to reveal just how entrenched & crippling the scourge of patriarchy is in the film business.

• Sep 28, 2018

This movie made me want to post on rotten tomatoes and be a voice at least to female viewership. I can't say all female directors speak to me, but many movies and topics are. It'd be amazing to see more diversity in the hollywood scene!!

• Jun 24, 2018

Half the picture has a good message behind it but as a documentary it's really nothing that special. It's more than just a bunch of interviews or semi famous directors talking about their lives and experiences. I don't feature some more successful women directors featured here as a majority of the ones here have directed some pretty Bad films. The documentary also doesn't go into much depth about the subject as I was hoping for. It's a bunch of interviews and really that's about it.

• May 31, 2018

excellent film. saw it at SXSW.

excellent film. saw it at SXSW.