Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay Reviews

• Aug 16, 2019

The leads are certainly likable, although maybe Cho more so than Penn who continuously makes bad life decisions and solves the problem with a joint. There is so much offensive material in here I won't make any kind of list, but a lot of it is just for shock value, and isn't particularly funny. Also NP Harris' rehash of his character from the first film felt like a retread, and fell kind of flat. The cop is dumb and racist (although that casting was perfect). Much of this wouldn't have bothered me if it had been funnier (for example 'Rick and Morty'). BUT there are some funny scenes, and the lead chemistry isn't bad, so not a total wash out - but definitely a step down from the first film.

• Jul 22, 2019

Outlandish plot twists that happen over and over again.

Outlandish plot twists that happen over and over again.

• Jul 14, 2019

awesome to watched stoned

awesome to watched stoned

• May 13, 2019

This time with the hard to follow setup and plot involving a very exaggerated and overrated material being shown doesn't mean it is less racist and sexist especially if it takes place on a right less setting

• May 01, 2019

this was somewhat funny

this was somewhat funny

• Mar 23, 2019

Great fun hilarious movie starring the same people from the first movie but with a higher budget. The movie gets super way off track when they don't go to Amsterdam but it's fine and I still really enjoyed this adventure of a movie. I can't wait to see this movie again in the future and the first movie. Can't wait to see the third movie.

• Aug 12, 2018

I assume you have to be stoned to like this?

I assume you have to be stoned to like this?

• Jul 28, 2018

some good laughs but significantly less funny than the first. and a severely worse overall movie than the first. the first felt natural and fresh. this felt forced and manufactured. plus there is so much drama. halfway thru i knew it would max out at a 3.0 based on the low joke hit percentage. near the end i was thinking 2.5. then it exploded cheese all over itself. i couldn't handle the cheesiness and had a major omg moment. so lame. (about 2 viewings) SPOILERS and for the thousandth time in a movie we have the rehashed plot of main characters loves the girl with the asshole boyfriend and he has to break them up. not only has it been played out to death, but it's hard to root for a guy trying to break up a wedding even when the movie gives us the out of the boyfriend being shady. it's cliche, lazy writing, and kind of wrong. i'm not offended, it's just hard to latch onto that storyline. for young and/or dumb viewers they justify it by having him backstab them so you can say screw that guy, i hope she gets stolen. just stop. please. these types of comedies don't even need a love story. the first one had one but it was so perfectly subtle. it barely took any screen time and was mostly played for comedy. then he steals her and they go to amsterdam where harold gets his girl and they do fun date-y stuff together and live happily ever after. gtfoh

• May 19, 2018

I laugh every time I watch this but it is something that cant be playing on repeat

• Mar 19, 2018

Light feeling comedy. Enough fun and some laughs to make it enjoyable. Rob Corddry is his usual 'over the top' character & adds to the fun, along with NPH.