High Life Reviews

• 17h ago

Slow burns are great. But two things in here were hard for me to see as sensible: the design of their spaceship, and the finale which kinda went against Pattinson's patriarchal quest.

• 3d ago

I think this movie gave me aids. And not even in a good way. A decent performance from the male lead doesn't justify the willpower needed to slog through this sleep-inducing nonsense. If you prefer bodily fluids, baby genitalia, and multiple rape scenes over any kind of coherent plot, character development, or meaningful thematic content then maybe this film is for you. But if you prefer things happen, or to make sense when they do, then you'll probably have more fun taking to your own face with a potato peeler. I hope the 5yr-old who designed the sets will improve with experience. Steer well clear of this pretentious dumpster-fire of a film that fails to be either thought-provoking or watchable.

• 5d ago

This movie is defeinitely fresh. The high 60% or low 70% kind of fresh. i enjoyed watching this movie, I loved the gloomy and calm atmosphere. I loved the overall idea and concept. And my favorite thing, I loved how the movie didn't spend much time explaining things. There are veeery few things that are explicitely explained. I also loved how there were some very wild transitions. Like the movie can fast foward 10 years between one scene and another, as if it were just another scene transition, and you have to figure out by yourself how much time has passed, or if any has passed at all. It's like the director of this movie really doesn't care much if you properly understood everything. And I kinda like that. I think it makes one's watching experience more engaging and enjoyable overall. However, I must say this movie is very sleep-through material. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, it's just that the tone of this film is slow and peculiar. Yeah. This movie is a whole mood. And i like that.

• Aug 10, 2019

Want to waste a couple hours of your life? Watch this slow, pointless, boring pile of steaming trash.

• Aug 10, 2019

I fell asleep several times..........its VERY slow and the story is very dark. There isn't enuf popcorn in the world to watch this again.

• Aug 09, 2019

It was painful to watch. Bad script, bad acting, and very boring. I don't understand why the Tomatometer rating is so high. The first 5-10 minutes showed potential, but it was all downhill from there...

• Aug 02, 2019

Absolute trash of a movie. The only good thing about this movie was Robert Pattinson and the cute baby, but after the 5 minutes of very intriguing setup - this movie turns into the typical pretentious garbage that is just a perverted film-maker masquerading as an "artist"

• Aug 01, 2019

I can't believe I almost paid to see this in the theaters. I'm not actually sure that the English language is an adequate vehicle for describing just how garbage this film is. You mean to tell me that Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche, and Andre 3000 all read this script and decided to add this project to their credits? How? Why?

• Aug 01, 2019

Way too slow paced for my taste. And too weird also.

Way too slow paced for my taste. And too weird also.

• Jul 31, 2019

So, is this a good movie? Yes. Is this a boring movie? Yes. Is this movie worth your times? It could be yes or no. The movie failed to satisfy its audience, not really being confused if this is a confusing movie. There are so many explicit contents, explicitly you don't want to see it, and a great R-rated movie. "High Life" is an experimental retro movie, from its aesthetic direction and magnificent performance. Suggestion to you, don't think too much about anything else. Watch this movie without thinking of anything. Just feel this movie like acid on a space trip. It could be, it's more like a Semen-stellar.