Highlander Reviews

• May 24, 2021

Gran bel film fantasy. Molto emozionante e interessante. Interpretazioni lodevoli e regia ottima. Grande intrattenimento.

• May 03, 2021

Loses enjoyability the more attention one pays to it. Could have used more Connery, because his scenes were the most amusing. Horrific acting, plotting, and genre-mashing. It's not even enjoyably bad, apart from in short bursts. By the time the last scene rolls through, you're left wishing it ended half an hour ago to spare yourself the pain. I'm all for fun rubbish, but this is not lighthearted enough to fully laugh at and not a serious enough misfire to extract perverse pleasure from.

• Mar 07, 2021

There can only be truly one.... I actually remember parts of this on tv years back but never saw it all the way through Regarded as a classic in many regards above the terrible sequels Stars Christopher Lambert, Clancy Brown, and the late Sean Connery 500 years ago a warrior Nash of the clan McCloud fought for freedom of his land in Scotland But a curse was bestowed upon him; no man will challenge him because he cannot die This is called the Quickening if humans suffer a premature death by non natural means, so the only way they can die is by decapitation Juan Sanchez visits him 5 years after he's banished being viewed as an unholy abomination Then he gets transported to our modern day with anyone not knowing his real name is Connor McCleoud But the enemy The Kurgan has also followed him here and it'll be a fight to the finish unless one of them is defeated Connor grows more jaded over the centuries since he's so different from other men Deep down he's lonely and can't let anyone love him with time being an enemy Most people are afraid to die, for Connor he's afraid to live But thankfully he's grown resourceful and skilled in his immortal days, I like how he has an assistant at an antique store that values his secret The movie rings familiar of other epic stories but it is Christopher Lambert's performance as a man chained by the constraints of time that makes it stand out Brown is a worthy villain rivaling him as an immortal warrior and Connery brings a lot of likability Some nice stunt work and good old fashioned fight scenes and we can't forget the power of Queens songs that drives the emotional core of it all Biggest piece of advice: harness the power of this movie only...skip the rest of the train wreck of follow ups that came after!

• Mar 07, 2021

Christopher Lambert plays a Scottish immortal, who must face another in modern day New York as "there can only be one". Clancy Brown is brilliantly evil as his adversary. Sean Connery of course plays a Spaniard who teaches Lambert's character all he knows. Still a fun movie after all these years.

• Feb 17, 2021

As warm as Scottish broth, I have absolutely adored this film for years. Who knew Christopher Lambert wasn't Scottish? I didn't, his accent is that good. There's a cheeky pop up from former James Bond, Mr. Sean Connery which was an obvious delight and his character serious, put together persona was a lovely contrast Lamberts back from the dead shagginess. An all time favourite villain Kurgan (Clancy Brown) was for the most part a heart rating comic relief from the gory seriousness driving the plot, "don't loose your head". In terms of SGI, for a mid 80s sci-fi the graphics are forgivable, and more than made up for in costume and musical accompaniment. 'Queen' for the soundtrack, this film literally couldn't be any cooler. Just a reminder of this film used to have me pick up a stick and pretend to have sword fights with my siblings. A couple of nice shots and ambitious car scenes, Russell Mulcahy kept the audience on edge for at least 70% of the film. As for the Highlander sequels, I'm afraid "There can be only one", the first one.

• Jan 04, 2021

Yikes. I'm definitely on the side of this movie being a disaster. Too cringey, choppy and messy for me. Absolutely not watching this again.

• Dec 31, 2020

Fun premise, shame about the leading man! To be honest, as soon as they hit me with the double of Queen music and the Fabulous Freebirds, they had me.

• Dec 31, 2020

Rubbish. The Scottish accents aren't even Scottish and an actual Scottish actor is meant to be Spanish. Makes no sense. The most cheesy thing I've ever watched. As a Scot I find it hilarious how badly done the accents are

• Nov 07, 2020

"Who wants to live forever" a magical story with magical music.

"Who wants to live forever" a magical story with magical music.

• Oct 21, 2020

Only one "Highlander" can exist.

Only one "Highlander" can exist.