Home Alone Reviews

• 3d ago

30 years, and a million viewings later and this is still a fun Christmas classic.

• Jan 01, 2021

I don't actually remember watching this a ton as a child, though I had definitely seen it before this viewing; I surely did though, because several of the shots in the opening scene gave me the strongest sense of nostalgia that I've had in some time. The problem was that I fondly remembered that opening scene and did not at all remember the absolutely languid pace the movie adopts between that scene & the part where the high-quality slapstick humor begins in earnest. Some exposition was necessary to show how Macaulay had adapted to being at home by himself, but not anywhere close to as much as what ended up being shown. Every time the robbers approached the house & didn't commit to getting inside seemed like a letdown & a waste of time. Other than that I found this to be one of Williams's more intrusive film scores as nearly every scene had his grandiose-style music in the background & made the scenes blend together in a way that I doubt was intentional. I had mixed feelings about the basic premise of him getting left behind, not because I can't imagine them accidentally miscounting the kids but more because the bitter conversation the mom had with Kevin the night immediately prior to leaving would have surely left an impression in her mind & she would've known where he was to make sure he'd woken up and everything. I did enjoy the slapstick a great deal though!

• Dec 31, 2020

6 bags, a lotta traps, a bunch of paint cans, a movie within a movie, and a great John Williams score. Pesci's intensity is foiled perfectly by Stern's mental disabilities and comic vanity. This movie might be the best Xmas movie 'cause it shows you that you need to be appreciate your family at Xmas, so if you're gonna say that you need "to go grab a six pack" from Spec's and you plan to never come back, do it AFTER Xmas. Or Joe Pesci will bite your finger like he did to Culkin. MC really got victimized as a kid.

• Dec 30, 2020

Classic and perfect movie for new year

Classic and perfect movie for new year

• Dec 30, 2020

All the thinly veiled excuses to try to make this absurdly unbelievable plot remotely plausible are forgiven with it's indelible charm and what is now a classic performance from Mckaulkin. A must watch at the holiday season.

• Dec 29, 2020

Classic movie. Must watch every Christmas season

Classic movie. Must watch every Christmas season

• Dec 28, 2020

LOVE IT! Anyways, I want a new GOOD Home Alone, with new GOOD actors.

LOVE IT! Anyways, I want a new GOOD Home Alone, with new GOOD actors.

• Dec 27, 2020

I enjoyed watching it alongside my family, it is funny, cute and entertaining most of the time. It's events are a little bit unlikely to happen, and I mention this because the nature of this movie isn't fantastical or fictional. However, considering that we are talking about a comedy, it isn't that bad. It aso brings a pretty message and makes you think. The acting is average, but always fun whatsoever.

• Dec 27, 2020

"Home Alone" Is A Classic, John Hughes Family Favorite Christmas Film. A Major Box Office Success, "Home Alone" Has Been Loved By Many For Years. The Story Follows Kevin, The 10-Year-Old Black Sheep Of A Large Family. When A Mix Up Results In Kevin Being Left At Home While His Family Is In Paris On Vacation, Kevin Must Learn To Fend For Himself Against Two Idiotic Cat Burglars That Are Planning To Burgle His Estate... The Premise Is Interesting Enough For A Family Movie. It Turns Out To Be A Fun Film With Many Laughable Moments And Heartfelt Ones. Aside From The Memorable Performances From Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern, And Catherine O'Hara, The Brilliant Cinematography, Catchy Score, And Fun Moments, The Film Was A Plot Hole Ridden, Logic Bender. Sure, Its Fun, But There Were So Many Things That Happened Solely For The Sake Of Progressing The Plot. But Regardless Of The Film's Implausible Writing, "Home Alone" Is A Must See Film For The Whole Family! 79%

• Dec 26, 2020

Home Alone is probably in the Mount Rushmore of Christmas movies. It's a classic that's outrageous but with a powerful message that resonates with the holiday. Macaulay Culkin in his iconic role as Kevin Mccalister plays a mischievous boy who is left alone at home in Christmas by accident and faces two dumb thieves. An outrageous premise that delivers on hard laughs, crazy antics, and dumb laughs as we see the great Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern get punched, burned, hit, etc. in this holiday comedy. The film suffers from a long buildup and the meanness of characters feels out of place. But the film has a great heart and message that delivers effectively although is bogged down by inappropriate humor. A Christmas classic.