Honeymoon in Vegas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Honeymoon in Vegas Reviews

April 11, 2008
A great romantic comedy consisting of these great ingredients: a great soundtrack of Elvis music, James Caan, Sarah Jessica Parker & how can you forget Nicholas Cage. This is such a fun film! :)
November 25, 2006
Rather too reliant on comedy Elvises for its laughs, and far too few laugh out loud moments, its still likeable enough light entertainment
January 26, 2010
A funny romp accentuated by James Caan. This was within the only six months of my life when I thought that Sarah Jessica Parker was attactive. Thankfully I learned my lesson.
½ April 5, 2015
The plot is centered on a good enough idea that should work as an offbeat romantic comedy, but it just never becomes as fun or as funny as the film promises.
February 22, 2008
i dont like nic cage in romantic comedies and i wish he would stop doing them altogether
June 22, 2007
Odd but watchable and cage is as good as normal.
½ September 21, 2014
Movies like this (ones with a completely absurd premise) you're supposed to just enjoy for the laughs, and while it has a few of them, the story is just so silly that it's hard to take it seriously.
½ April 11, 2014
It's not a great movie but it's basically just dopey and fun. Nic Cage is in great spazz-out form here, SJP looks fantastic and there's a buncha Elvises. What more do you want.
April 3, 2012
I never understood how people didn't like Nicolas Cage but after watching Honeymoon in Vegas I can see it. I still love the man but Honeymoon in Vegas opened my eyes a bit. Cage screams his way through this extremely dry comedy featuring Sarah Jessica Parker, James Caan and Cage. When not screaming or being one of the biggest jerks filmed in a comedy Cage and Parker show some of the worst chemistry seen (though Caan and Parker were almost as bad). Honeymoon in Vegas falls flatter than a skydiving Elvis whose parachute doesn't open.
December 4, 2011
February 9, 2011
not funny, pointless, overreactions, and nicolas cage.....these are just a few mistakes the producers seemed to have kept in this trivial film.. the positives though, were flying elvis, mahi mahi, and the music......
October 5, 2008
For some reason there's a creepy Dracula analogy floating through this. Kind of expected more from Bergman.
September 28, 2008
One of the funniest movies I have seen. Cage, Parker, Caan, Boyle, Morita...geez, everyone is perfect. The flying Elvises are wild! All the Elvis impersonators are over the top. Watch it, too funny.
½ December 31, 2007
This is a pretty average movie. Nicolas Cage and Sarah Jessica Parker have no chemistry and James Caan is totally creepy, but I give this flick more stars because of the following lines:

Jack: Do you know what a straight flush is? It's like...unbeatable.
Betsy: Like unbeatable is not unbeatable.
Jack: Hey, I knooow that now, okay?

Betsy: I?m a whore, Jack! You made me into a whore! You brought me to Vegas and you turned me into a whore, Jack!
August 25, 2007
If you are a fan of SJP, she is smoking hot in this movie. Otherwise, there are no attributes in watching this.
½ February 11, 2007
8-11-07 --Classic tale of the guy that is afraid to commit. Takes his girl to Vegas to get married and loses a lot of money gambling. Long story short He is frantic and afraid of losing her and flies high with some impersonating Elvis-i. You think Nic Cage had anything to do with Elvis being so prominant throughout this movie? He is a huge fan!
July 8, 2007
How can you not like a movie that features "The Flying Elvises" parachuting out of a plane over Las Vegas.
March 29, 2007
Funny at first, the the flying Elvises at the end is pretty good, but the plot if awful and the jokes go stale before the movie is even halfway over..
January 30, 2007
i HATE sarah jessica parker! she is one of the worst actors every and she ruins every show they put her in
November 14, 2006
The time to fly from Hawaii to Las Vegas seems like it should be longer than it takes in this movie. I like Nicolas Cage's performance and the flying Elvises, and Sarah Jessica Parker looks cute in her showgirl outfit. I drove my kids crazy by saying, "She has no purse. Where does she keep her contact lens case?"