Howard the Duck - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Howard the Duck Reviews

July 2, 2016
Well I finally got around to watching this mess of a movie. I feel really bad for the people involved in the making of this. The plot was bizarre and the dialogue was poor. The duck was more annoying then funny. The special effects were decent but overall it was not great. I'm glad some people like this movie but I'm not one of them.
½ June 28, 2016
Stupid movie, but the overlords are still kinda frightening to watch! Hey, at least it got me interested into checking out the comics!
May 31, 2016
Why do people hate on this movie? I loved it growing up and still do today.
½ May 30, 2016
Sometimes a film is unfairly maligned. This is not one of those times. Truly unredeemable; that Howard the Duck serves only as a permanent insult to anyone who ever moved to LA with a dream.
½ May 24, 2016
Too childish for adults and to adult for children, it's difficult to imagine who the target audience was for this movie, but it will find it's home in the welcoming embrace of stoned college kids thirty years later.
½ May 10, 2016
Howard the Duck is worth watching if only for its pop culture stature as one of the most beloved and widely known of all the bad movies. It's not at all entertaining in the traditional sense, even when trying to view it from the perspective of the movie's tongue planted firmly in its own cheek, but it's a good party movie that should elicit some laughter, intentional or otherwise.
May 10, 2016
i loved this movie as a child and still do today!!!!!
½ April 12, 2016
not enough duck tits
½ March 30, 2016
Just what in the hell was this?
March 24, 2016
Probably the most ridiculous and silly, cheesy-looking adaptation of Marvel Comics when it's just a duck from a different home world just living on ours. The filmmakers should've stick to their first plan of having this as an animated film. But besides all that, the titular character does have his moments to make this slightly enjoyable. (B-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ March 23, 2016
BRILLIANT!!! I loved it as a kid and love it just as much now.
March 16, 2016
This is the first Marvel movie that got me into the comics and, despite what most critics say, it's worth seeing again and again. Without Howard the Duck, other Marvel movies would never have been made decades later. Think about it.
March 5, 2016
I really love this movie
½ March 2, 2016
Okay, it's dumb as hell at times and nowhere near as clever as the comics were, but it's got Lea Thompson looking like a stone fox with big '80s hair and a few funny lines, so why the hell not give it another shot?

Worth a look kids, give it a rental.
February 23, 2016
This is why I know (1986) Star Wars prequels
will be a let down.
½ February 22, 2016
amazingly bad, worth a watch
February 5, 2016
Howard the Duck has a lot of problems, most of them aren't too bad, but it doesn't help that the film isn't terribly intelligent. The characters are pretty goofy, the appeal is confusing (is this really a kid's movie?) and the plot is a mess, the long run-time doesn't help. It does have a amusing charm to it, and the effects are campy fun.
December 8, 2015
THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!
December 2, 2015
All I can say is "Why George Lucas"