Howard the Duck - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Howard the Duck Reviews

½ May 24, 2018
goes bad to way worse
May 18, 2018
Guilty pleasure. Not the greatest movie, but a special little one.
½ April 25, 2018
My all time favorite 'bad' film...I just love it, and I refuse to apologize...the rest of you should try just enjoying a wonderfully silly movie and shut the hell up....;)
½ April 22, 2018
In the 80's , DC Comics ruled the big screen. With their extremely popular Superman series and their colourful 1966 Batman, everyone agreed that Dc was supreme. However, in 1986. Marvel decided to give cinema a try and their first project was Howard the Duck.
Unfortunately for Marvel, this was not a huge success. The film is boring and uneven, with 2 dimensional characters crowding the screen, complete with mediocre acting and an terrible plot.
March 22, 2018
The goose that laid the golden egg this is not. The performances (especially Robbins) feel exasperated, the tone shifts relentlessly from the bawdry to the saccharine, resulting in a tired production that never achieves the irreverent fun the movie is aiming for (or the existential dark humor the comic is known for). Only a quack would think this was a good idea.
½ March 16, 2018
Movie rating: 1,5/5
Lefty Gold: 4/5
February 3, 2018
One word comes to mind when I remember my viewing experience of Howard the Duck- abysmal. The first and worst Marvel movie ever, and yes that even includes the unreleased Captain America and Fantastic Four movies. Thank god Marvel only went up from here
December 2, 2017
Somehow I got right through the 80's and up until now without seeing this one. What can I say, aside from the icky suggestion that Lea Thompson was somehow "on" with the duck (hinted at rather than seen), it is no worse than any other action 80's film. Fashions were great, Lea, of course - not exactly great acting, but suited the whole movie which you just can't take seriously. Duck kind of fake looking, but what else would you expect. Fans of the 80's or just bad movies in general should enjoy it.
November 12, 2017
duck tits. enough said.
October 22, 2017
Best superhero movie of all time
½ October 1, 2017
Mean spirited, tonally imbalanced, sexually bizarre and almost entertainingly incoherent, Howard the Duck is a freak show of bad from beginning to multiple endings. A fun game to play is to put this on for someone who has never seen it and see how long they last. Most people quit at the "no more mr, nice duck" line.
½ September 29, 2017
How does this movie even have a 38% in the audience review?!
August 20, 2017
This Film Did Get A ''Two Thumbs Down'' On Siskel & Ebert When They Reviewed It On Their Show.
½ August 1, 2017
So ducking bad, yea, ngl it's actually kind of good. Ok. That THEME SONG tho! Incredible.
July 31, 2017
What was George Lucas thinking?
July 13, 2017
Ahead of its time. Yet oh so 80s.
½ July 7, 2017
Two words: duck boobs
½ June 16, 2017
The fact that Marvel went from this tasteless, mediocre movie into the juggernaut it is today, speaks volumes at how bad the movie is and how good Marvel is now.
April 24, 2017
This a classic 80s movie. Of course i was 4 when i saw it.
March 21, 2017
A for effort. They tried making it, you can't fault em' for that.