Hugo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hugo Reviews

April 23, 2018
very entertaining family film that held my attention the while time. Must watch
½ April 13, 2018
captivating; both for casual filmgoers and film buffs, adults and kids. the sentiment is certainly interesting - it epitomises of why we go to the movies.
½ March 28, 2018
Hugo continues to be the most beautiful love letter to cinema that I have ever seen and, to me, watching it is the closest thing there is to the magical experience that is reading a children's book.
March 22, 2018
worst movie ever don't even bother watching it; its so boring!!!!!
March 16, 2018
Just watch it. Its good
½ January 30, 2018
Part children's adventure, part adult biography and part cinematic history, this movie set in the 1930s is beautifully innocent and visually sumptuous. Although at times it lacks direction and the purpose wavers, it all comes together in the end in this entertaining drama. I particularly liked the lighting and colouring. AAN GGN AFI 1001
December 25, 2017
M-F-O

9.3

[Martin Scorsese]
½ December 21, 2017
a wonderful story that ultimately falters towards the very end. still a good movie
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Una película tan sobre-valorada que tuvo que recurrir a la nostalgia para recoger buenas críticas - y unas cuantas nominaciones al Óscar - , aunque aún así sigue siendo un film esencial para los fanáticos del cine.
December 12, 2017
Good story but too slow and sleepy. First time I watched it was so boring. I watched it second time 5 years later with 2x speed it was much much better. The movie should've been made for just 1 hour of packed and fascinating story instead of 2 boring hours.
December 1, 2017
My full opinion: 4/4.
½ November 9, 2017
Hugo is great, is was perfect in every way.
November 8, 2017
Director Martin ?Scorsese transforms Hugo into a magical cinematic experience, while also showing us how movies started in the first place. Hugo is a rare gem that pays homage to the legendary filmmaker, ?Georges Méliès.
November 1, 2017
Absolutely brilliant movie by Scorsese. It is a children's movie for adults. By that I mean that it has the whimsical feel of a children's film with young actors, but its plot has complexity more akin to that of an adults drama. Again, absolutely brilliant film.
October 31, 2017
I don't get it (and my kids didn't either)--I think this is one of those movies the critics fawn over because it deals with movies.
½ October 9, 2017
Not nearly as enchanting as its source material, Hugo is ultimately a rather ordinary children's film that amounts to one of Martin Scorsese's weaker efforts.
½ October 4, 2017
Scorsese's direction helps keep the film moving and fun. All of the cast members give good (but not great) performances. Random history lesson in the middle about war's effect on cinema.
½ September 30, 2017
An amazing adaptation of one of my favorite books. Well done all around.
September 24, 2017
Upon second viewing, I have to drop the rating slightly from 6.9. It's okay - thumbs up - but it's largely a love letter to something I don't care about nearly as much as Scorcese does. Plus there are soime serious problems with motivations and abrupt character transformations. But it has some intriguing bits and it's well made all around. Let's call it 6.3.
September 24, 2017
muito bom, um dos melhores filmes infantis dá última década