Hugo Reviews

• Nov 17, 2019

A film celebration, two thumbs up.

A film celebration, two thumbs up.

• Nov 15, 2019

this was a great movie

this was a great movie

• Nov 12, 2019

I thought this movie was about my best friend Hugo Weaving but boy was I wrong. I went to the premiere of this movie with my best friend josh. He started acting like a conductor because this movie basically took place in a train station. I told josh it was embarrassing and to please act normal. He then started screaming Chloe Grace Moretz so loud. Martin Scorsese came to me and I told him to please make more crime movies because I left the theater angry. Josh had 7 bags of popcorn and seven drinks. He then danced in front of the whole theater naked and I left him.

• Nov 12, 2019

Saw this with my friend josh. The movie is trash and josh was embarrassing to be with that day because whenever there was a clock he would scream super loud that it was his bedtime and he would laugh everytime he heard the word Hugo. He was also throwing popcorn and candy at people. Josh got kicked out and I stayed but the movie was garbage and I didn’t speak to josh for a week and he asked if I wanted to go again but I declined

• Nov 05, 2019

Really great movie, a must-watch.

Really great movie, a must-watch.

• Sep 06, 2019

Hugo Pros - Strong Acting - Outstanding Directing - Great Screenplay - Beautiful Cinematography - Magnificent Editing - Phenomenal Set and Costume Designs - Brilliant Pacing - Refreshing Humor for a kid’s film - Alluring Musical Score - Serves as one big love letter to the film industry as a whole Cons: - None Overall Grade: A+ (10/10)

• Aug 19, 2019

Martin Scorsese's family-friendly homage to the magic of cinema is a visually breathtaking adventure elevated by fantastic performances from the cast including Sacha Baron Cohen as the train inspector as well as a good mix of humour and drama. If you're a cinephile like me, then you'll most likely be tempted to find out more about some of the earlier days, especially the likes of Georges Melies. Definitely underrated.

• Aug 08, 2019

What did you think of the movie? (Optional)

What did you think of the movie? (Optional)

• Jul 07, 2019

Scorsese and Richardson did a great job But the screenplay is intricate and not funny There are many boring and useless characters, the main characters continually remember at the audience that they are orphans and poor guys... The automa is really creepy and I was shocked when i saw the movie when I was a kid. Movie history reference are good and i love the message: movies are dreams But i didn't get what was the using of the automa (except for scaring me) and the protagonist... I'm not so sure he had a real purpose.

• Jul 05, 2019

A classic that should have more attention as the years pass!

A classic that should have more attention as the years pass!