I Am Ali Reviews

• Jun 16, 2018

Best Muhammad Ali docementary ever made

Best Muhammad Ali docementary ever made

• Jan 13, 2017

Really enjoyed this documentary biopic , this was my first watch on anything to do with the boxing icon, so I got into the movie only knowing him to be a famous boxer, after watching got to know why he is considered one of the greatest sportsman ever. The movie uses real life footage and his personal audio recordings to show us all the aspects of the genius Muhammad Ali, besides showing his professional career on stage it dives into his personal life, touching his beliefs & even controversies surrounding him, still the movie is shot as a tribute showing his loving & emotional side. He was the greatest not only for his athleticism but for his determination, intelligence & oratory skill. After further reading about him I realized they have softened a lot of controversies surrounding him, still a really enjoyable watch.

• Jul 08, 2016

This bio-doc has all the classic issues often associated with biopics: less focused on a single time, narrative or thesis and more worried about getting through all the greatest hits of Ali's life. Scatter-brained and decidedly uncomplex, I AM ALI is a well-intentioned, highly-stylized doc that is just much too big for its britches.

• Jun 12, 2016

Interesting look at the man that surprisingly talks very little about boxing and focuses more on private audio tapes. Not the best look at him, just the newest.

• Jan 12, 2016

I'm a huge Ali fan and this documentary is absolutely beautiful. A wonderful tribute to an astonishing life.

• Oct 03, 2015

It is informative and covers a lot, but the pacing is a bit sloppy and I feel like they did not show enough footage of Ali's actual fights. Ali is an impressive man, but this documentary is only adequate.

• Jul 25, 2015

Ali kept returning to the ring, and so now he cannot speak. Why do people say they respect him? He was Champ 3 times and kept going back for more punches to his head. Parkinsons

• May 24, 2015

An insightful look into the life of Ali from not only the man himself but the people around him. However, the film is too long and tends to drag in certain areas where the pace slows drastically.

• May 19, 2015

Compelling documentary from The Greatest's own collection of personal recordings

• May 08, 2015

Incredible. Ali truly is a one of a kind individual.

Incredible. Ali truly is a one of a kind individual.