I Am Legend - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Am Legend Reviews

½ July 13, 2017
I love this movie. At moments it was sad and touching, and at other times it was action-filled and scifi. It truly deserves an award.
July 5, 2017
The Fresh Prince Am Legend lacks the same creative and artistic qualities as the book it was based upon, from what I read about the book the vampires were sentient and they saw Neville as being a hypocritical killer for being as dangerous to them as they are to him and in the end they captured him as prisoner before execution, instead here in the movie the vampires are just merely special effects and are cleared out of the screen most of the time just to focus on Neville's loneliness.

Will Smith has a rather wooden acting performance, he accepts the way things are quietly and calmly which helps make the movie even more boring and he seems overrated for just destroying things made of CGI.
June 26, 2017
This review goes to the version with an alternate ending.
½ June 15, 2017
I Am Legend has ok CGI and is a bit slow and cliched at parts, but is made up for by Will Smith's fantastic performance and a general concern to see where the story goes.
June 9, 2017
This is a great post apocalyptic world movie. I did not read the book so I am soley basing my review on the film. I am legend is a intense and emotional ride. Will Smith gives a truly brilliant performance as the only man left alive in New York. It serves as a great adventure movie with some gut-wrenching emotion.
½ May 18, 2017
Putting aside the astrocious effects of the infected, I Am Legend is still an interesting and at times emotional ride.
May 8, 2017
die if you liked this movie
April 30, 2017
The alternate ending would've made this some much better
April 29, 2017
So this is an amazing movie! Watch it! However (spoiler alert) the dog and will didn't deserve to die, the ending was a disappointment because throughout the film we saw will being amazing and he's the one who ended up dying! I mean why did he have to die when he could have left with the other two at the end! Although I was in tears throughout the whole film!
April 21, 2017
Truly a fantastic movie, from beginning to end. Will Smith has never been better.
½ April 18, 2017
Powerful plot and soundtrack. Worthy to watch. But the ending would have been better if it was the alternate.
½ April 13, 2017
I am Legend, is rather a very interesting movie with a familiar taste of premise. As we know, a zombie apocalyptic world with only a man with a dog stands alive. We've seen it before, but it takes this familiar plot to a better direction which made this movie deliver satisfying thrills and the drama. Will Smith makes a mesmerizing performance for this intriguing character. The CGI is nearly great and impressive while some zombie motions does look unrealistic. James Newton Howard's score is subtle and beautiful. However, this film has a debatable conclusion while it may be disappointing for others, but includes a beautiful alternative ending for the film.
April 7, 2017
I love this movie it should not be rated a 70% will smith is a great actor it is a disgrace to put one of his greatest movies a "70%"
April 7, 2017
Watched it the first time and it was the best movie of the year, watched it 10 years later and it truly remained as one of the best movies ever.
March 21, 2017
Will Smith delivers a strong performance, and the zombies/vampires were terrifying to watch! Only wish that they left in the original ending of this film.
March 18, 2017
DOG DIED IM PISSED ONE STAR RATING CAUSE THE DOG DIED
March 16, 2017
Three stars for the theatrical cut 4 1/2 for the alternate ending
March 14, 2017
If they decided to stick with the original ending I probably would have given this movie 4 stars cause I think it's a genius finale. However, as it is, this didn't really leave much of an impact on me.
March 13, 2017
One of Will Smiths best movies
March 11, 2017
Un'idea di base molto convincente rovinata da un pessimo design degli infetti, che ho trovato poco curati e dal carattere approssimativo. Nonostante questo, Will Smith eccezionale come sempre e incarna alla perfezione l'anima che sta alla base del film.