I Come in Peace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Come in Peace Reviews

½ November 28, 2016
Probably Dolph's best film as the leading man, but sadly that's not saying much. "Red Scorpion" and "Army of One" are decent, but he really doesn't have any films that are great. There is "Rocky IV" but he's not the star. That leaves "I Come in Peace" as his best. Dolph plays a tough Houston cop who's saddled with an uptight partner (dullsville cliche), but they end up investigating a giant alien (who looks more like Thor in a trench coat), who is killing people across the city. Things get even more complicated when another giant Norse God-like alien shows up hunting down the other alien, and everyone and everything gets caught in the crossfire. This film was an early screen credit for co-writer David Koepp (credited as Leonard Maas Jr.). Koepp would later go on to write some major films like "Jurassic Park," "Carlito's Way" "Panic Room" and the underrated superhero film "The Shadow," so this film is a bit smarter than you'd likely give it judging a book by it's cover. The film was directed by stuntman Craig R. Baxley, who clearly knows his way around shooting an action sequence, because the film does have some better than expected action sequences. If you want to watch a big musclebound 80s style sci-fi/action, this is a pretty good way to go.
June 10, 2016
1985 to 1992 was Lundgren's best period. This isn't up there with Red Scorpion, Universal Soldiers or Showdown in Little Tokyo but it is still good fun. Despite the great man nicking Gary Oldman's quote from The Firm he is excellent as the text book maverick cop. Brian Benben passes as his mismatch partner and the special effects and premise are complete wank but that is what you want from an early 90's action flick. An Alien coming to earth to steal human's endorphins and distribute them on his own planet as narcotics. Why didn't this win an Oscar!
½ August 15, 2015
Lundgren's gives a decent performance in this cheesy fun ride with good action and a silly plot
April 7, 2015
17.08.2005,
07.04.2015
March 25, 2015
Check your thought procees at the door and enjoy this cheeeeesey popcorn flick for what it is.
February 10, 2015
What on earth is going on with the film title here I dunno but I prefer 'Dark Angel' for sure. Anyways this was Matthias Hues big flick for which he is most remembered for, which isn't much to shout about.

Very silly sci-fi flick about an alien drug dealer sucking endorphins out of human brains to sell all over the galaxy. Its very hokey even for its time and without Lundgren would be total B-movie schlock. Even with Lundgren its still pretty poor with bad effects, terrible acting and only a few impressive car stunts to hand. I mean really...how can you take this remotely seriously with a gang of thugs called 'The White Boys' that are all dressed in suits and look like killer yuppies.

Its a classic dumb sci-fi B-movie for sure but I just didn't really like it that much. Benben was constantly annoying and the whole film was trying way too hard with the obvious mismatched buddy cop/hero duo squabbling with each other setup. All this did was come across as boring cliched unoriginal and resulting in some majorly lame forced humour.
½ January 2, 2015
It doesn't seem to be noted anywhere that "I Come in Peace" is also known as "Dark Angel." Not sure why, but the Blu-ray release goes by the Angel name.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ August 14, 2014
Dolph Lundgren is one of those action stars that is fairly hit and miss and at times, he can displayed something quite good, entertaining and fun even if the film is quite tongue in cheek and that is the case with Dark Angel. This is a hybrid all sorts of genres and it strangely works quite well to be a highly entertaining cult film that is very engaging from start to finish. The result is a worthwhile film that is really one of Lundgren's best. Granted the guy really is sketchy when it comes to "acting", yet he delivers here, and with the plot, which I think is awesome, it's hard to resist. I never go into real detail in any of my reviews, because I believe that the less you know the more suspensewfu7l the experience will be. What the film offers is something truly entertaining from start to finish, and if you enjoy low budget cult action at its very best, then this is sure to wet your appetite for action thrills. Dark Angel is far from great cinema, but for what it is, it's an entertaining ride, one that is so much and thrilling that you forget the films weaknesses exists. This is pure popcorn thrash at its very best, and I say that as a compliment. The film is cheesy, thrilling and riveting, and will certainly entertain anyone that enjoys finding a new, undiscovered action film that is well worth seeing due to its original concept. This is a film that is an impressive cult movie and it certainly is a one that is a must watch for diehard fans looking for new and exciting pictures to watch.
July 23, 2014
A silly and very funny flick which is easy on the eye and just a bunch of laughs. You know it's going to be funny when they've dyed Dolph's hair, eyebrows and eyelashes.
May 15, 2014
An 80s masterpiece with everything that involves: explosions, one liners, a buddy-cop theme and aliens. This movie has it all and it is fantastic. It deserves to be up there at least with commando and Predator 2 if not Aliens, Predator and Diehard in the book of fantastic 80s action movies. So if you're looking for a good dumb action movie to waste your time consider Dark Angel/ I come in peace.
April 29, 2014
Os alienígenas parecem vagabundos sob o efeito de psicotrópicos e certos erros técnicos poderiam ser eliminados por um simples corte feito segundos mais cedo, mas graças à actuação satisfatória de Dolph Lundgren, bons momentos de acção e um ou outro elemento original de ficção cientifica, "Dark Angel" acaba por se destacar não por sendo o melhor do género das estrelas de acção da época, mas por ser... ligeiramente diferente.
April 5, 2014
This was a fun Dolph Lundgren sci-fi movie.
Very typical movie of the time, with lots of action, goofy dialog and some fun catchphrases.
The main alien constantly says "I come in peace".
March 31, 2014
Nice Action from the early years...
February 6, 2014
Dark Angel or I Come in Peace as I always knew it, is some fantastic B grade scifi action fun.
The idea that some alien dude would come to Earth, steal some drugs, then use those drugs to get humans high JUST so that he could then extract stuff from their body which is considered an uber drug where he comes from... is so out there... that it's believable.
Ever since this movie, should anyone come near me and say I Come in Peace... I shoot 'em on site. I'm not taking any chances.
½ January 22, 2014
This was something that I recall being in heavy rotation on our local Fox affiliate when I was a kid, back before they had much in the way of network programming and left the locals to fill the tie with whatever they could turn up. It's still a lot of fun in a big dumb action movie kinda way, and I'd say it's worth another look if you have the chance.

Rental?
November 19, 2013
While on the surface it may seem like a mediocre generic 80's action film, the infusion of a rather interesting Sci-fi storyline elevates it to a must watch in the genre.
October 15, 2013
It's not quite as good as The Hidden, but still a really entertaining sci-fi cop movie with tons of action.
October 14, 2013
A drug dealing Vigo the Carpathian from space fights a young Dolph Lundgren in Houston. Like The Terminator with less brawn and no brains but it's well handled tripe that offers a slew of goofy guilty pleasures.
October 12, 2013