I Know That Voice Reviews

• Jun 06, 2020

This is a hard film not to like, because it's hard to imagine somebody watching it if they weren't interested in the subject. That subject is voice acting and just about everything you ever wanted to know about it. With anything of this scope it's hard to hit every topic and get every interview and please everyone, but it's hard to imagine a film being better than this on the topic. It's a breeze if the voices from cartoons or video games or even commercials ever peaked your interest. You're not going to see too many names or face you recognize, but you will know most of the voices! Hubby: Not a mention of cereal voices (other than one)... I needed some Tony the Tiger!! Hubby: 8.8/Wife: 7.0 Average Score: 7.9/10

• May 23, 2017

A thoroughly entertaining look at voice acting and voice over. Showcasing the men and women behind some of the most iconic and influential characters in the history of cartoons, video games and radio personalities. From the legendary Mel Blanc to the current crop of up and coming mega stars, this documentary pulls aside the curtain that is usually draped over these people and allows their fans to see them, hear from them and understand them better. Great documentary brought by John DiMaggio.

• Aug 29, 2016

Great documentary! HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Great documentary! HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• May 20, 2016

voice actors are so fucking cool. what a fun movie

voice actors are so fucking cool. what a fun movie

• May 15, 2016

"I Know That Voice" is an interesting documentary that peeks into the voice over world where you learn the techniques and the incredible acting abilities some of the most successful professionals have. However, as a giant Seth McFarlane fan and him not being part of this documentary makes me sad and is one of the reasons why I only give this doc three stars.

• Jan 01, 2016

Loved it! I'm half convinced that I need to drop everything and become a voice actor! If only I wasn't a talent-less hack!

• Sep 19, 2015

Fantastic documentary, really enjoyed the actors and their insights & experiences with the biz.

• Aug 09, 2015

Get to know these important yet often-ignored in movies / TV / animation / gaming industries~~

• Aug 09, 2015

Interesting, oft-funny look and love-letter to one of the more under-appreciated aspects of animation, allowing a look at the process that is, more often than not, very glossed over (thus showing, for instance, how much acting actually goes in). While many are household names to geekish sorts, even the ones who are not are quite recognizable, and it's rather insane to see just how talented these people are with the vast amounts of different roles and types of voices played, despite often only getting noticed for one or two iconic roles. Highly recommended if you have any interest at all in animation as an artform.

• Jun 06, 2015

A very fun look at the talented people who give cartoon characters their voice.

A very fun look at the talented people who give cartoon characters their voice.