I, Tonya Reviews

• Aug 22, 2019

Margot Robbie is perfect, soundstrack is good !

Margot Robbie is perfect, soundstrack is good !

• Aug 16, 2019

7/10 barely a 7, ok it has something to give

7/10 barely a 7, ok it has something to give

• Aug 14, 2019

This is a masterpiece. A movie that was potentially very hard to rein in and maintain a tone of both humor and pathos, this story telling is superb and deeply significant on multiple levels.

• Aug 10, 2019

Worst movie ever. There was not one redeeming quality in the entire movie, not acting, not script, not anything. I only watched part of it because it arrived as a Netflix DVD. Don't waste your time on this trash.

• Jul 20, 2019

Whether she was involved or not in the Kerrigan attack, Tonya Harding had a full of strugles and demons life, and this movie genuinely tells it with humor and incredible performances.

• Jul 05, 2019

Well made film! The three main characters were outstanding. Allison Janney, maybe sensational a better description. The other supporting characters - smaller roles were just as well done. Top to bottom excellent. Before seeing this movie I thought Margot Robbie was going to be terribly miscast. The reviews were good, and hoped part of it was filmed the PNW where I live (it was!) so went to see it. She was absolutely outstanding, as was Sebastian Stan. Well.made.film.

• Jun 10, 2019

Margot Robbie elevates this film to such a degree i felt as though art was being born !

• May 28, 2019

There's much to enjoy here - especially Allison Janney's and Margot Robbie's towering performances as mother and daughter. I was also struck by the cinematography of the skating sequences, which was visceral and beautiful at the same time. I was disquieted by the tone, however; I can understand the comedic edge, given the essential absurdity of much that happened. But when that comedy plays round, and occasionally bleeds over in to, the edges of elements of the story of domestic violence, it jars and feels distasteful. It can sometimes seem to be the work of middle-class people sneering and giggling at the lives of 'the others'.

• May 23, 2019

I, Tonya is a biographical black comedy based on the life of figure skater Tonya Harding. She had an interesting childhood and a more fascinating family, be it her mother or her husband. She became darling of American press with one of the most sensational sporting scandal. The movie finds humour in the most absurd and tragic situations, that it is based on real incidents is hard to believe. The casting is superb and Margot Robbie, Alison Janney and Sebastian Stan just shine in their portrayal. Awesome work with script and direction, especially the way they shift back and forth between interviews, the incidents and breaking of the fourth wall.

• May 19, 2019