I'm So Excited! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I'm So Excited! Reviews

½ December 5, 2016
This is Almodóvar's pit stop back to his light comedies, but, even if mildly amusing, the film lacks in structure and ends up looking ironically like the airplane where the story takes place, drifting aimlessly around and around without knowing where to go.
½ April 6, 2016
Pedro, you've lost me I'm afraid.. Some nice camp humour, here and there, but largely it's childish and a bit daft. Relying heavily on drugs and sex for amusement, with the satire very light touch by British standards - perhaps hard-hitting in a Spanish milieu? Or perhaps not. Almodovar's earlier films were challenging and complex. Alas, no more.
½ March 23, 2016
After a couple of well known cameos to begin with, there's a bunch of actors probably only Spanish people will know, but they do a good job of what could be a stage play mainly about sexual repression. It's quite upbeat despite the premise but as it's a comedy it's supposed to be. It's colourful, but doesn't feel 'feature' quality.
March 6, 2016
Aldomovar lite. Fun.
½ January 2, 2016
Not bad enough to be good ... but still ... watching this disaster was quite pleasurable! Really!
November 8, 2015
Pedro Almodovar, GENIOUS!
October 20, 2015
It was fun seeing a lot of his usual cast but this whole movie fell flat and was a little too vulgar for my taste.
September 12, 2015
Volviendo a su estilo irreverente y ligero de sus primeros años, esta es una película disfrutable si eres un fan de Almodóvar.
July 3, 2015
All though not that funny the film gives us 90 minutes of pure enjoyment from beginning till end. Wonderful script.
½ June 2, 2015
I like the complex dramas/thrillers of Pedro Almodóvar more than his comedies. I'm So Excited! is light and entertaining, but it just feels so pointless by the end. It's a little creepy, too, watching a woman rape a man who's been drugged on an airplane....
½ March 28, 2015
We rarely see a mediocre screenplay of Almodovar, unfortunately here is one. I can't say that it isn't a fun movie at times, but a story that offers as the main resource of comedy the homosexuality during the whole movie, doesn't work at all. 5/10
½ March 16, 2015
Started off interesting and the characters were fun to discover...at first. Then it all descended into a substance-less mess.
½ March 9, 2015
Never ever I've been such disappointed by Pedro Almodóvar!
January 9, 2015
I was excited until I started to look at this film!
½ December 20, 2014
A gay dollop of technicolor cinematic meringue. I wasn't SO excited, but I wasn't bored.
October 30, 2014
Pedro Almodovar may be considered an elite director but he should be embarrassed to have anyone watch this wretched trash.
September 28, 2014
Really bad movie by Almodovar, well he must be counting on old fame and glory but this is just bad
½ September 22, 2014
The Sexiest Airplane Movie I have ever seen, I've got to watch it again!
Handsome Cast. En Espanol.
September 2, 2014
Although absurd and inventive, "I'm So Excited" does give you a good laugh in the cinema and also bring new features to the characters of the new film by Almodovar, which returns to its origins with shuffled and entertaining comedies. For the purpose of the director, which is to bring entertainment to your audience, the movie is in this way.
August 31, 2014
I don't have any idea what this movie is about, but the preview of lip-syncing, dancing male flight attendants made me pretty sure I need this in my life.