In Jackson Heights Reviews

  • John C Super Reviewer
    Feb 22, 2016

    Interesting to see what has changed in the old neighborhood since leaving 40 some years ago. Looks nothing like the place where I played LL baseball and went to HS but still is noisy and crowded. There is such a colorful vibrancy to JH that Wiseman focusing on throughout this lengthy peep into the heartbeat of this diverse slice of Queens. A must watch for those xeneophobic Republicans! (2-21-16)

    Interesting to see what has changed in the old neighborhood since leaving 40 some years ago. Looks nothing like the place where I played LL baseball and went to HS but still is noisy and crowded. There is such a colorful vibrancy to JH that Wiseman focusing on throughout this lengthy peep into the heartbeat of this diverse slice of Queens. A must watch for those xeneophobic Republicans! (2-21-16)

  • Dec 13, 2015

    Documentary filmmaker Frederick Wiseman's narratively obtuse, observational approach is on full display here as he chronicles the richly diverse Jackson Heights neighborhood of Queen, New York. This is without question the best documentary of the year and true artistic achievement.

    Documentary filmmaker Frederick Wiseman's narratively obtuse, observational approach is on full display here as he chronicles the richly diverse Jackson Heights neighborhood of Queen, New York. This is without question the best documentary of the year and true artistic achievement.

  • Nov 19, 2015

    Utterly stultifying. All very, very easy filming of community groups talking. Risk free film making. Desperately in need of LOTS of editing. Gives the impression that Jackson Heights, which is the most ethnically diverse community in the world is, in fact, 95% Hispanic. The other 5% are agonizingly old people. Where was the Asian community? Just awful.

    Utterly stultifying. All very, very easy filming of community groups talking. Risk free film making. Desperately in need of LOTS of editing. Gives the impression that Jackson Heights, which is the most ethnically diverse community in the world is, in fact, 95% Hispanic. The other 5% are agonizingly old people. Where was the Asian community? Just awful.