Reviews

• Oct 16, 2021

Loved it! A love letter to Federico Fellini, il Maestro.

Loved it! A love letter to Federico Fellini, il Maestro.

• Jan 14, 2021

In search of Fellini had lots of flashbacks, which sometimes was confusing for me to determine which character was who. I found the story engaging and entertaining.

• Sep 24, 2019

At first I was not sure but I liked the film It was different

At first I was not sure but I liked the film It was different

• Jul 28, 2019

a lousy homage to Fellini

a lousy homage to Fellini

• Jul 01, 2018

Beautiful journey of discovery from innocence to harsh reality. With determination and the pursuit of your dreams you can find everything you need. Lovely cast. Spectacular performance by the adorable Ksenia Solo as Lucy.

• Jul 01, 2018

I had never heard of this film and found it on Netflix. It is the story of an American girl falling in love with Fellini films and going to Italy to find him, grow up, fall in love and a dozen other clichés, all told with a magic that is absolutely riveting. It really makes no sense, but sense is not what it tries to do, it tries to make magic, and magic it makes.

• Jun 07, 2018

Being taken on the journey of Lucy, a naïve 20 year old in search of her favorite filmmaker in Italy, made me wish I still had the confidence and faith to find what I was looking for in the world. The films narrative takes you on a journey from social depravity due to her mother's fantastical bubble to a dark night of the soul in which she escapes attempted rape in the tunnels of Venice while her mother is on her deathbed. Not knowing her mother was sick and dying is an expletive example of Lucy's sheltering, where she received postcards in her childhood from her goldfish that went to "find it's family on the great barrier reef". I expected some kind of note to be left behind for Lucy but there was nothing but a cold call to her mother after a night of hell to find out she was gone. Lucy weaves in and out of parties that happen upon her all in Fellini's characteristic hedonistic fashions and is always uncomfortable with the overt sexuality and all the male gazing. Lucky for her, she finds a gentle, respectful young man who takes her on the only adventure that seems worth her time when she first arrived to Italy and he shows up again at Fellini's doorstep when she finds out that he doesn't exist anymore either. She has lost a lot along the way, her childhood, her mother, her innocence, but at least she finds love and herself.

• Apr 09, 2018

The beginning a little strange. Then it moved to bizarre. Then to potentially possible. At times had to ask the question, "what is the purpose of this story?" The naive goes to Rome to meet someone she doesn't know and who does not really want to meet her. The flashbacks to Fellini's films don't make much sense and don't seem to contribute to the story. I guess I just don't understand "art."

• Apr 06, 2018

Magic and Metaphor combine to tell an adventurous tale a girl in search of destiny.

• Mar 30, 2018

Made me want to go back and see his films again. What was fantasy and what was real?