Infamous Reviews

• Jun 25, 2020

A poorer version of Capote, the film still has a great cast and strong performances even if it isn't as deep.

• Nov 27, 2019

I caught on the Indie Channel. Of course critics did not like it. I never go by them. Why let them dictate what I should see or if I should enjoy it or not. I was surprised how good it was. Toby Jones was excellent. I had seen Capote and it's a shame this movie came out a year later. Interesting both came out within a year of each other. This movie had a terrific cast. Photography was just beautiful. No mention of that from the critics. The colors. How rich and lush. The clothes. The sets. How it takes you back to Circa 1960. Growing up in NYC, it took me back to my childhood and recognizing some of the restaurants that are no longer with us. Everything was so authentic. Interesting take on interviewing the people who were in his life. I felt the movie flowed very well. I found it interesting that there were some great one liners that made me laugh, considering the gruesome topic. It played well as it did not get too sappy. I think Jones looked and sounded much more like Truman than Hoffman . I remember Truman on the talk shows. I remember how difficult it was at first to listen to him because of his voice, but as soon as he started to talk, his wit and intelligence took over and my mother and I were hypnotized. The man was a genius. I have to watch Capote again to see the comparison. Why the critics prefer that movie over this one. I got the impression this one went more into the psyche of Truman and Perry. That is just me. It's a good reminder about human nature. Good and evil. How Perry had this awful childhood and had been abused. Physically. Truman, mentally. Did one excuse Perry for killing the Clutter's. The movie does reveal , if true, that Capote liked to lie to his socialite lady friends about what he was writing about. Embellished it. And we don't know how authentic he was to Perry. I personally think it's worth watching to watch the movie.

• Jul 18, 2019

I loved it. So many great performances.

I loved it. So many great performances.

• Jul 20, 2018

Wonderful in its own right

Wonderful in its own right

• Mar 31, 2018

This second version of the Capote story as the writer of In cold blood beats the first. Infamous depicts the story much better, and hilariously, rendering Truman more truly I believe. His relationship with the murderers is also much more credible here. If true, this would make the films In cold Blood and Capote rather inaccurate regarding the real nature of the killers, especially Capote's friend.

• Nov 29, 2017

Damn. As much as I loved Capote, this might be better. Toby Jones might be better than PSH. Ehh, probably not - this is just fresher in my mind. But it's damn good. 8.2 out of 10

• Apr 25, 2017

A much better film than Capote.

A much better film than Capote.

• Feb 07, 2017

Worst movie ever hatted capote in this film i could not even stand to watch it becouse of his acting it was aweful U

• Dec 18, 2016

Truman Capote's character is very well done by Toby Jones. Daniel Craig is not a very fitting actor for the portrayal of Perry Smith. Craig lacks the sensitivity of an artist and a broken person.

• Dec 13, 2016

Here's a diamond in the rough,i've seen Capote w/ Phillip Seymour Hoffman & it's great! until i seen this gem, can't believe i've not heard of this before as it has a huge cast of big celebrities, i found Infamous a better movie than Capote overall as Toby Jones did a fantastic job playing Truman Capote & story gave some more insight to the characters & makes me want to read the book In Cold Blood, which Capote never made me want to do after watching that film.