Inside Job - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inside Job Reviews

September 18, 2016
This was incredible! I LOVE Inside Job, it's so good and a very blunt view on the 08 financial crisis. Harsh, honest, it'll make your blood boil and blood pressure shoot through the roof. However, it's essential viewing and we need to share this with friends and family and scream long and hard enough so that the federal government will FINALLY hear us.
September 15, 2016
FOLLOW THE MONEY! This shows how gullible the American public REALLY is. We are running around arguing Clinton or Trump, yet the SAME players are involved in BOTH parties!! For people who are Conspiracy theorists, well you lost your job. It looks like a FACT! If the "middle class" are losing their homes and cash and the poor do not have it, then there is ONLY one place where your MONEY is!!! smh
August 28, 2016
Want to see what Bernie Sanders was talking about? Watch this and figure out why income inequality is hitting hard.
August 12, 2016
Brilliant informative expose of the greedy scumbags that pillaged the general populace and how that caused the GFC
August 3, 2016
amazing way to explain the crisis
July 10, 2016
Exceptional documentary. Perhaps one of the best ever. Even those who closely followed the causes of the 2008 financial collapse will learn something new.
July 10, 2016
Excellent - clearly identifies the causes of the 2008 global financial crisis: lack of regulation of the inherently risky derivatives market (as well as Wall Street bonuses, capital leverage caps & rating agencies) due to lobbyist influence and personnel bribery (through consultation fees and job offers) of the US Treasury and academic economists, and the personal dogma of advisors like Goldspan.

Sets out how the crisis developed, the consequences, the individuals, the changes promised by Obama in 2008, and the fact that the majority of these were never implemented. Derivative markets, leverage caps, ratings agencies and bonuses remain largely untouched - and "for the first time in history, average Americans have less education and are less prosperous than their parents."

"You're gonna make an extra $2m a year, or $10m a year for putting your financial institution at risk. Someone else pays the bill, you don't. Would you make that bet? Most people on Wall Street said, 'Sure, I'd make that bet.'"
July 7, 2016
Yes, Inside Job (2010) examines the 2008 Financial Crisis through the rose-tinted glasses of the far political left in America (center-left in Europe). In part, there's little doubt the film provides a contextual basis for the rise of Bernie Sanders and the Occupy Wall Street movement. However, this also means there are important parts of the economic, political, and regulatory story that are glossed over, missing, or (perhaps purposefully) ignored. For example, Inside Job begins its story - as you might expect - with the Reagan Administration (the left can't ever stop itself from blaming Ronald Reagan for most anything) though the story actually goes much further back to the late 1960s/early 1970s during the Johnson and Nixon Administrations. But that would implicate a time of overwhelming Democratic legislative power at the Federal level so the phrase 'mortgage bond' is not mentioned once in this film nor is the transition of FreddieMac and FannieMae into publicly-traded entities discussed. To be fair, this film was released in 2010 and probably filmed mostly in 2009 so some of these other crucial aspects of the 2008 Financial Crisis might not have yet come fully into the light. Having made this disclaimer, Inside Job is well worth the time to watch (with a little grain of salt, e.g. critical thought) as it does fill in some interesting gaps in the story. For example, I was absolutely shocked that American academics in the field of economics do not cite funding sources or potential financial conflicts of interest at the end of published reports and articles. I couldn't find anything but I wouldn't be surprised to discover that George Soros partially funded this film. This Academy Award-winning Best Documentary is definitely worth the watch but approach with care. Mark's Grade: B+
June 9, 2016
How this documentary was told is captivating. I learned a lot from it.
May 23, 2016
Watch this again, again and again.
½ May 13, 2016
It may not be entertaining in many sense of the word, but it is an extremely passionate and important work of film, and one that instills anger and frustration in anyone who sees it.
½ April 21, 2016
A compelling and in-depth look at the 2008 financial crisis, though it treads ground that much of us are likely familiar with already by now.

It's certainly not an impartial or objective look at events, to put it mildly, but I think you'd find it difficult to argue that its anger is unfounded. Unfortunately, the story does not have a happy ending and fizzles out into a reminder of how screwed we all are. Still, it's depressingly engaging to see just how everything fell apart (or more accurately, wasn't put together properly in the first place).
March 9, 2016
Here, in the Bahamas, the effects weren't so bad and not immediate. We got it a few years later, though. It's said we'd be the last to recover. It's 2016 and I think we're still going through it.
February 14, 2016
A CliffsNotes for those who haven't paid much attention to the financial industry since deregulation. I don't understand why nobody has come down on the major players and firms involved with the RICO Act -- this clearly falls within their definition of organized crime.

The entertaining aspect of the documentary is snippets where the kids with chocolate and crumbs all over their faces flat-out deny having been in the cookie jar. But they aren't kids, and they clearly think most people are too stupid too understand or too powerless to do anything about it. It is a pointed study in arrogance and narcissism.
February 4, 2016
I just watched this movie and it's fascinating and of course also infuriating. We all know the financial world is run by money grabbing pricks with no integrity and, most unfortunately, no accountability. And it's hard to make changes when governments are owned by said money grabbing pricks. Still I have to believe this will change some day, it has to if we truly want to create a world of equality, not a world where a couple of people own pretty much everything and the other 99% just have to put up with it. Really worth a watch...
½ January 4, 2016
An excellent documentary that is equal parts eye-opening and infuriating.
December 3, 2015
Well made and in-depth...but everyone knows the ending: the banks done it.
½ August 27, 2015
A fine movie of the economic problem in the world.
August 24, 2015
Made only two years after the 2008 financial crash, this riveting documentary - coolly narrated by Matt Damon - reminds us how easily we can be seduced by certainty, and how necessary it is to hold power to account.
July 31, 2015
This is a really great movie about American politics and one more masterpiece about corruption of financial industry. Plot twist is a bit complicated but very interested. 5/5 from me