Inside Llewyn Davis - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inside Llewyn Davis Reviews

February 12, 2017
Good movie for little babys
January 31, 2017
A great performance by Oscar Issac and some great folk music. The only issue with this film is that the story doesn't seem to really go anywhere. We are introduced to some interesting people and situations and then they are just removed from the narrative. Maybe it's a parallel to Llewyn's career, but the movie doesn't captivate you enough to care enough to think the plot through to its conclusion. The end also leaves you scratching your head, but that is a bit of a Cohen brother calling card.
January 31, 2017
Typical Coen brothers fare, 'Inside Llewyn Davis' is the story of an early 1960s folk singer who is going through a rough patch. Oscar Isaac continues to display an ability to take on challenging rolls, and the supporting cast is terrific. While I enjoyed the ride, it's not the best nor the worst from Coen and Company. Final score 8.0/10
January 20, 2017
This has grown to be my favorite movie
½ January 11, 2017
I confess I have to see this one again to really decide what I think of it. I enjoyed it, but like "A Serious Man", it left me with more questions than answers ... which isn't a bad thing by any means. I will say it has a magnificent ensemble cast ... especially the cat, who deserves an Oscar.
January 10, 2017
One of the most underrated movies of the decade so far, and definitely one of the best Coen Brothers movies, with all the offbeat humor and bizarre characters that makes them so unique and exciting to watch. Even though Llewyn is a frustrating character to watch, you're still able to feel a deep sense of empathy for him, thanks to the nuanced (and honestly perfect) performance by Oscar Isaac -- in a role that was too understated to garner the appreciation it deserved from the Academy --, and the darkly humorous script. And even though it'll make you laugh a handful of times, the entire movie has a feeling of melancholy that sticks with you long after you've watched it. It has perhaps one of the best depictions of depression in cinema, and will make you feel deep heartache at points. A must see.
January 5, 2017
Just gonna jot down my thoughts on this:

Somber. Unfortunate. Funny. Deadpan. These words went through my mind watching Inside Llewyn Davis.

There's my review.

Oh, can I elaborate? Sure. Was I into the movie as a whole? Eh, kinda. Did I love it? No. Did I like it? Moderately.

What aspect(s) did I love? None really. I really liked Oscar Isaac's performance. The music was definitely relaxing. It was well shot with the bleak cinematography helping set the mood/tone of the film. That's about it. On a subjective level I wasn't too thrilled about it, but I guess I'm not supposed to be. It's a road trip and fictitious biopic(if that makes sense) about a small time folk singers struggle to earn a decent living performing in front of small audiences, executed in a depressing manner. Characters come and go throughout Llewyn's journey, some feel utterly pointless. Objectively, it's well made on nearly all fronts.

It's okay. Nothing fantastic in my opinion. I guess my reaction towards the film mirrors the protagonist and this story: indifferent and apathetic with very rare moments of vigor.

I am however quite curious as to what the meaning is behind the opening and closing scenes of the film being nearly identical with only a couple of very slight modifications between the two. There's gotta be a deeper meaning behind that.
December 25, 2016
Inside Llewyn Davis is one the Coen Brothers' more intimate and profound projects, with lush cinematography and a committed cast.
December 18, 2016
The Coen brothers churn out another wonder. Very close to 5 stars.
½ November 28, 2016
Wow oscar issac can really sing. The cinematography was also really nice and helped the tone of the movie. Didn't like the ending felt off.
November 28, 2016
Inside Llewyn Davis is a sobering character study seeped in some of the finest storytelling of the Coen's career (and a tremendous performance from Isaacs).
November 7, 2016
Great talent and performances, but just not my cup of tea
October 26, 2016
such a beautiful movie
October 21, 2016
Crazy film. The Coen brothers choose to follow a city rat that is not a bloody murderer but one that can handle a guitar. Still bad decisions after bad decisions the rat makes it through the film alive and keeps friends all along, even after biting them. A beautiful pet rat.
October 19, 2016
Moving, real, and raw. A beautiful sad portrait of someone just trying to make it.
½ October 16, 2016
Visualmente agradable y muy bonita, la cinematografía es buena, las actuaciones, especialmente la de Oscar Isaac, muy buenas, a veces me aburría un poco.
October 14, 2016
I liked the unexpected twist at end.
½ October 13, 2016
4.5/5

Inside Llewyn Davis flawlessly extends the folk feeling and its characters situations to every shot, accentuated by characters that coexist perfectly in the narrative that the Coen brothers have created.
October 13, 2016
Great movie! Beautiful cinematography!
October 2, 2016
Oscar Isaac really fits this role to the bone. The heartcry of a underground folk singer, trying to get anywhere. A fucking struggle. Brilliantly crafted by the Coens, building a trustworthy world around its cold wind.