Into The Forest Reviews

• Jun 17, 2020

DUMB. Dumb movie, with even dumber ending. Total waste of 2 hours of my life I will never get back. The bad thing is that the acting and the production is solid enough to lure you in to watch the whole stupid movie. Which is very, very stupid. I give it 1 1/2 stars due to the horrific plot and story line.

• May 16, 2020

Powerful and emotional, it's a close-up shot on humanity in the face of chaos.

Powerful and emotional, it's a close-up shot on humanity in the face of chaos.

• May 03, 2020

If your a Drama fan, this is the movie for you.

If your a Drama fan, this is the movie for you.

• Apr 27, 2020

This realistic end-of-the-world story unfolds as it likely really would. Ellen Page and Evan Rachel Wood play sisters living with their widowed father in the forest when an unexplained power outage occurs that leads to a breakdown in civil order. There are rumors as to what happened or how widespread it is, but it's never fully explained and that is not the focus of the film. The story instead focuses on Page and Woods' characters and how they face the many challenges of living in this new world, which includes grocery store clerks now carrying shotguns, rationing gasoline, and an increasing wariness of people who used to be friends and neighbors (or even relatives). I don't want to spoil any plot points, but what unfolds is what would likely really happen. You'd have to contend with a world without lights, internet, or music. You'd no longer know what's happening outside your village. You'd have to get used to the idea that the world is forever changed and is not going back to how things were before. In many ways, this film felt like the 1983 film "The Testament," which depicted a typical family after a nuclear warhead fell on the United States. Completely unsensational but the ordinariness of the characters and situations make the film far more identifiable of an experience when compared to "Mad Max" or "A Boy and His Dog," and consequently more impactful. However, on the downside, the ordinariness of the film also leads to some slow pacing and not always compelling of situations. Still, within the context of this film, it does work and is what makes this end-of-the-world story unique and all the more engaging. FUN FACT! The pig butchering scene was real. Ellen Page learned the process specifically to include in this film.

• Apr 09, 2020

Very boring slow burn of a movie. It was trying to be apocalyptic but failed horribly. This movie just makes no sense and I don’t care enough for the characters to piece it all together. This is a movie you’ll see if you have nothing else to watch. I had hope for this movie and it failed more ways than one.

• Apr 03, 2020

Power goes out. Dad accidentally kills himself with a chainsaw. One sister falls in love with a guy but he leaves to head East. The other sister gets raped, decides to keep the baby. And then the three of them go ‘Into The Forest.’ Roll credits. Still, a well filmed and acted movie...just no sizzle.

• Mar 21, 2020

Uneventful feminist end of the world ridiculously slow burn.

Uneventful feminist end of the world ridiculously slow burn.

• Feb 23, 2020

Pitkäveteinen PAAASKA!!!

Pitkäveteinen PAAASKA!!!

• Jan 05, 2020

Not sure how this has such a low audience score. It's the most realistic apocalypse movie I've seen- maybe people didn't like that? In any case, it's a great movie. Just go ahead and watch it.

• Jan 02, 2020

Who the hell built their house?

Who the hell built their house?