Into the Woods - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Into the Woods Reviews

May 24, 2018
a little to long and not paced well not super memorable despite its star cast
½ May 9, 2018
TRASH MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ April 10, 2018
monotonous and achingly forgettable songs, but amiably across-the-board propositions. the film vigorously amasses heterogeneous characters to create interesting dynamics and moral ambiguity. exacting in its formidable studies of affection, retribution and probity.
April 9, 2018
How did I not know about this movie?!?! I loved it!!!
½ March 29, 2018
This is the all time dumbest movie I have ever seen.
½ March 27, 2018
A major disappointment, it's creepy in all the wrong places. Definitely not as good as it should've been.
March 21, 2018
magic that uh.. defies description..

Into The Woods

A dark twisted version of Disney tales that blends in perfectly and kicks off deep emotion out of this multi starrer feature where each and every character factors in as essentially as the lead ones. Musical genre being Rob Marshall's comfort zone, shines majestically off screen where each and every musical sequences defines his keen observation and passion towards his work. James Corden and Anna Kendrick at the heart of it are quite aware of their work (just as they are in every musical number) and are supported thoroughly in major and minor parts by Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt and Chris Pine. Into The Woods has its first act plucked out from different tales and is smartly plotted by the writers before the second act kicks in and the twist comes in where everything goes unpredictable only to make it dull and predictable for the last act that is overlong.
March 15, 2018
Quite frankly the worst movie I have ever seen! The acting is terrible Heck even the songs were bad. I am truly glad I didn't pay money to see this and borrowed it from the library instead!
½ March 1, 2018
Oyoyoye, this reminded me of song mashups. With the singing, it was horrible. I felt an aversion right at the beginning. Too bad because the production seems top quality otherwise.
February 19, 2018
not really sure how to make a boring movie with this cast...
February 14, 2018
The movie itself is a great concept. Even though it is predictable, Into The Woods makes a great stage to screen adaptation with, of course, Meryl Streep actually trying to sing ever since her hellish performance in Mamma Mia, and doing a fantastic job of doing it.
February 7, 2018
I had a few doubts about Into The Woods at first, but I watched it last night, and I have to be honest, it wasn't at all a bad film. Although it is very dark, and there is too many songs, so I'll admit it's not as good as Beauty And The Beast. But still, I love the cast's performances, the characters, the storyline and some of the songs. However, I wouldn't let your child watch this at night, because it is a good film, but it could bring nightmares to youngsters!
½ February 4, 2018
Absolutely awful start to finish.
½ January 30, 2018
The settings in this musical are superb and I enjoyed the first section. But I found myself losing interest soon after. It's difficult to know who the target audience is for this film. GGN AFI
January 18, 2018
Pretty much everything I have to say about this movie is the same thing I say about every musical. The movie itself is okay but the songs are amazing. James Cordon and Anna Kendrick are honestly the best part of the movie, and the idea that not all of the stories end at the happily ever after part is pretty cool. Overall this is an enjoyable movie especcially for Disney fans.
½ December 31, 2017
Would have been an amazing film if they didn't make the wolf come strongly across as a pedophile. I felt very uncomfortable.
November 27, 2017
"Into the Woods" has skyrocketed past all of the bad movies I've EVER watched. The movie has a stellar plot, I'll give them credit for that. But, the character introductions, the story progression, and even the climax have an annoying and badly written song implemented into it. There are SO MANY of these songs, (all of which forgettable), that made the entire movie very hard to understand and hard to watch.
November 2, 2017
Nope, hour through and bored. Everybody if your old enough go watch Sweeney Todd instead, now that's a good adaptation! They can't make a few costumes (talk about the wolf costume) and the story is weird! The witch is not reasonable and I'm confused.

The cast deserve better. Yes, they are fair singers, but they seriously need better (Like Depp in Sweeney Todd!)

I'm not writing this to stop you from watching, I'm just saying it is a lot less than I expected. Throughly disappointed as I am fond of Sondheim but this probably does not stay true and is utterly confusing. Good for kids though.
October 31, 2017
Into the woods is a creative, inventive, and amusing retelling of your traditional fairytales before the brothers Grimm, balancing music, storyline and dark humor effectively while remaining an engaging movie for your 9-year-old.
½ October 20, 2017
While I liked the concept. it was just painful for me. I fell asleep for the ending. saw it with my kids and they were bored too.