Into the Woods - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Into the Woods Reviews

½ May 21, 2017
Worst movie I have ever seen
May 10, 2017
I love so many actors in the movie. Mery Streep is amazing and Chris Pine is hilarious but his character is so bad. Other than that, the songs are so amazing.
May 4, 2017
It felt like the same song over and over again. It is almost unheard of for me to not like a Disney musical, but Into The Woods found a way. (First and only viewing - 6/6/2015)
April 30, 2017
Into The Woods has a good story, likeable cast, and is loads of fun. Its too bad the final act was lacking everything I just listed before.
½ April 24, 2017
It's enjoyable and interesting story. If you like musical, give it a shot :*
April 15, 2017
I liked a lot of the songs, & many of the characters were pretty awesome. However, having not seen the stage musical, I think something was missing from its translation from stage to screen.
½ April 7, 2017
This movie had too many mother deaths and dragged on for too long.
"gotta get that ad revenue amiright?"
April 7, 2017
This is without a doubt the worst film I have ever seen!!!!
April 6, 2017
Waiting for this one to end about 90 minutes in.
½ March 22, 2017
Had to leave the theater. Did not enjoy at all.
February 18, 2017
12/17/2016: A full blown musical. If there was only "some" singing it could have been decent.
½ February 7, 2017
Liked the first half of the movie and how the stories were woven together. Second half of movie, Extremely long and terrible.
January 26, 2017
this is an amazing film!! i love it so much!
½ January 21, 2017
Good until the third act, then it falls apart...weirdly
January 20, 2017
loved this. excellent spin on fairy tale
½ January 18, 2017
This movie's biggest crime is letting James Corden portray himself in yet another project. TV or film... History Boys to Gavin & Stacey to this. Same character. Very annoying. Even narrating. I would have liked a scene where he and little red riding hood hacked each other to death. All the songs blend into one as they are so samey. Luckily the rest of the amazing cast & the fact the movie use some of the original fairy tale facts... Make this almost bearable. Not worth a rewatch though.
½ January 16, 2017
Meryl and Emily gave birth to this movie
January 5, 2017
Good movie overall and interesting twist on 3 old fairytales of Cinderalla, Red riding hood, Jack in the Beanstalk, and how they made them all work together in this story
January 2, 2017
This was quite the peculiar film! Not what I was expecting, and definitely not as engrossing as one would expect, what with all the star studded actors involved. The fact that this has come and gone relatively unnoticed perhaps gives an indication as to its success. I would compare it to Sweeney Todd; not just because it stars Johnny Depp, but because it's full of fictional tales that are told by way of song. It's actually very clever the way it incorporates the stories of several well known children's favourites: Cinderella, Rapunzel, Little Red Riding Hood, and Jack and the Beanstalk. However, the musical element is just a complete flop to me. It was not so much songs, than just people speaking lines in a musical fashion. There were no memorable tunes and it's all very repetitive and uncatchy. It even makes interpreting the words just that little bit more tricky. Of course it's all acted very well and each of the cast has been selected due to their successes in previous operatic like films, but despite the very family orientated concept, this just doesn't work for me. The 2nd half of the movie also drags on a bit as it tries to adapt the fairy tales into having a much darker take on morality, where several of the individuals die in a short space of time. It's unnecessary and sort of ruins the clever adaptations portrayed in the first half. I expect this movie to split the audience vote right down the middle, but given the celebrities involved, one would expect the cost of creating this did not reap the rewards it wanted. Definitely one to judge for yourself, but not one to be repeated by me :(
December 28, 2016
In the climax, Into the Woods ends up being way too dark for its own good. Fortunately, a talented cast, catchy songs and faithfulness to the Broadway musical of the same name help make it a reasonably entertaining watch that's funny and even occasionally charming.