Into the Woods - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Into the Woods Reviews

September 4, 2017
The movie is based on four different fairy tales and a Witch who try's to undo her curse! The soundtrack was pretty good. It is a movie I have seen a couple of times. Not amazing or anything, but decent.
½ September 3, 2017
The settings in this musical are superb and I enjoyed the first section. But I found myself losing interest soon after. It's difficult to know who the target audience is for this film. GGN
½ August 29, 2017
I tried my best not to sing along during the movie. I failed on more than one occasion. I don't remember the last time a movie made me light up quite like this. The staging, the costumes, the music; everything is just so enchanting. THIS is how you make a movie musical. Trust me, it's worth the journeying.
August 21, 2017
6/10 An attempt to intertwine different known fairytales with guest characters and a musical, it actually fails to keep the audience engaged. Notable as an effort though.
August 10, 2017
What do these people have against mothers? Liked the acting and singing, but hated the story.
½ August 8, 2017
inspiring, riveting, excellent all around
August 5, 2017
Good cast, costumes, etc. but it definitely confirmed that I loathe musicals...
July 21, 2017
Into the woods is a great movie as it proves that when done right, a musical can still capture your hearts in the modern day.
A true return to movies like: Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, this film really shocked me with the story, acting and Shrek esq feel. I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it and will reccomend it to anyone. The songs are so catchy (especialy the title song) and performed so well by all the actors. And lets be honest, you cannot really go wrong when Meryl Streep is involved. For me I was pleasantly surprised at the story. It was not what I was expecting and I think that's the main reason why I enjoyed it so much.
My only 2 issues are that the film could have been a bit shorter. It does feel too long. And that there is not really any indepth character development. But hey, not every film is perfect. In Short I had a lot of fun and feel it's definetley worth a watch.
July 12, 2017
I had no idea what Into the Woods was about, but I went anyway because it was a musical and I LOVE musicals. When I left the theater, I found myself whistling and singing the songs over and over. The musical was romantic, happy, funny, and beautifully put together. This movie deserved more praise than it received and the intertwining of the stories only made the movie more captivating and more interesting for the audience in my opinion.
July 9, 2017
Hated it one of the worst movies I have ever seen and it should be erased from movie history
½ July 7, 2017
This movie drinks pretty bad. Only half of the cast can sing, none of these songs are good, the story's cluttered to heck, it was just an all around unpleasant time.
½ July 4, 2017
An enjoyable film that relies too heavily on making it feel like a Hollywood-ified version of a broadway musical than making it a natural-flowing movie. It also includes questionable performances (specifically from the younger cast members) and sometimes cheesy effects.
½ July 1, 2017
Wow I don't mind musicals but that was a crappy ending and all around crappy movie
½ July 1, 2017
A musical that mashes together many of your favorite fairy tale characters into a storyline that essentially revolves around the baker and his wife being cursed to have no children and their attempt to break that curse. Lots of name recognition stars, with varying degrees of singing abilities, comprise the cast. It is overlong and dawdles in several scenes. On the whole, the concept works and any movie which has the good sense to cast Anna Kendrick will get my attention. I enjoyed it, but not overmuch.
½ June 29, 2017
If I could give this zero stars, I would. - LindSane (Two people)
June 25, 2017
¿Qué pasa cuando Cenicienta, Caperucita Roja, Rapunzel y Jack y sus Frijoles se juntan en una sola historia? Excelente musical de Broadway =) Good luck at the Oscars!
½ June 24, 2017
Usually I have not problem with live action fairy tale movies but this one stinks. This one has multiple fairy tales in one movie and then they mix together toward the end. Ridiculous!!!
June 19, 2017
My guess is the audience had no clue about the original story before seeing the film, in which case I am sure the cynical but more realistic take on the fairy tale may have simply made them sad, which is too bad, because the acting, humor, and singing in my opinion all enhanced the original musical.
June 17, 2017
Immersive, great actors, wonderful music. Loved.
June 12, 2017
I wasn't crazy about this one at all. James Corden saved it for me, but I was very surprised at how weak it was otherwise.