James White Reviews

• Apr 09, 2021

One of the best movies of my lifetime. It's extremely real and every moment felt like something that has happened to me. If you've lost a loved one this movie will relate to you in some way. Christopher Abbot continues to be one of the greatest actors of all time. 10)/10 everyone must watch once in their life.

• Mar 10, 2021

Strongest part is the relationship between mother and son, portrayed with grace and delicacy by the leads, but the rest are just wanderings and debauchery that doesn't make you care for the protagonist at all.

• Sep 28, 2019

Like the performance and close up shot to create such intense and suffocating atmosphere.

• Feb 07, 2019

James White is one of the scariest realistic movies I've seen in a really long time. Scary, not as in horror but as in myself coming to grips with my near future. This story brought the modern age of anxiety and being a millennial in New York today which is exactly what I am. This film had one of the best constructed opening sequences where it completes its task so efficiently in brining you inside the head of our main character. He's not a protagonist, he's not an antagonist he's just James White who has issues that he has to learn to deal with. This film had me very emotionally invested, the ending is still slightly confusing to me but it lead to me looking more into the mechanics of the film and damn do I love what they chose to do. If you want a claustrophobic, anxiety driven, highly realistic, intimate domestic drama that delves into the mind of almost every mid 20s man in New York this is the film for you.

• Jan 08, 2019

Powerful, affecting film. Christopher Abbott is so, so good. Want to see so much more from the principal cast, writer, and director. Yay, Kid Cudi also! ??

• May 26, 2018

Realistic and emotional. Abbott and Nixon were outstanding in their roles. The scene towards the end, when James is talking to his mom in the bathroom as she is leaning on his chest, made me tear up. Phenomenal.

• Jan 05, 2018

It was difficult at times to empathize with an extremely unlikable character

It was difficult at times to empathize with an extremely unlikable character

• Oct 08, 2017

I never expect myself considering Cynthia Nixon as a great actress, but this film changes my view completely.

• Oct 08, 2017

Sorry. To slow of a drama. Just no meat in the story.

Sorry. To slow of a drama. Just no meat in the story.

• Jan 29, 2017

Christopher Abbott y Cynthia Nixon, sublimes. Una película que no tiene que ser catalogada como realista o naturalista, ni como actual o intemporal. Muchos estarán agotados de ver cintas sobre un personaje autodestructivo y su redención, sobre la soledad o la enfermedad como metáfora del desprendimiento de nuestra humanidad; no obstante, el director y los actores nos sumergen en un mundo paralelo separado únicamente por una puerta, un muro o un hogar. Josh Mond nos introdujo en la habitación oscura de james y su madre, pero sólo nos dio un espejo para observar el reflejo de un mundo en el que siempre estará la misma imagen. Un punto clave es la cinematografía y los constantes primeros planos. Y no, ningún motivo está agotado.