Jaws - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jaws Reviews

½ August 16, 2017
A movie that still stands the test of time because of its masterful direction and perfect editing. It will easily make one question to jump into any body of water.
½ August 15, 2017
A very well done film, especially in the special effects and sound departments, and it has some scenes where you catch yourself yelling at the people on-screen or banging your knees in excitement/terror; it's a thrilling ride.
August 14, 2017
This was a masterpiece of a film ever. JAWS is one of the best films that Steven Spielberg ever crafted and I love it every second of it the story telling was perfect it was edgy and very suspenseful. Listen I hate the other three films and even other shark films as well so do yourself a favour watch this one it is one of the best films you will ever watch and it is the best one in history. Well done Steven Spielberg you made a well crafted shark film ever. I FUCKING LOVE IT SO MUCH.
August 12, 2017
Jaws is without doubt, one of the biggest feats in cinema history. The Characters, The Story, The Setting, The Tone, The Mechanical Shark, are all spectacular. I can't imagine how amazing this movie would of been back in 1975. Nothing can beat this classic. Right now, labelled as my Second Favorite Movie of all Time.
August 10, 2017
What else can you say but, best shark movie I have ever seen in my life. We thank you Steven Spielberg for making this great film of a masterpiece.
August 7, 2017
When your scared to go into a swimming pool after seeing this movie you know its good lol! Best horror film of all time!
August 6, 2017
This was the beginning of the blockbuster era. Inclusive today, still scary, well-acted and have one of the best movie endings ever. Spielberg proof once again that can make master pieces with low-budget and only marketing. The poster is the best of cinema history.
½ August 5, 2017
A scary movie that is a classic. Sure some parts that I look back are a little cheesy but besides that its a phenomenal movie.
July 31, 2017
Jaws made big waves in theaters during the mid 70s and has since pioneered what we now know as the summer blockbuster. It is a colossal film that started a revolution in filmmaking. What makes it even more incredible is that still, to this day, Jaws has the gusto to stand above the majority of films that try to replicate its design.
½ July 30, 2017
Such a great movie! It has a great cast, characters, plot, and action. It might not look the most real but its still believable and inspiring. I completely agree with the rave reviews
July 26, 2017
Film gora yn y byd erioed, no messin!!!!
Best ffilm evr. Perfect in every way, nuff said!!!
July 24, 2017
Your probably thinking "Jake hasn't written a review in a while and this movie is so old why is he reviewing it now" well because its shark week and too start the week right here is by far the best and probably only good shark movie (by the way thanks for waiting so long for me to write a review). Jaws is not only the best shark movie out their but its also proof that Spielberg films out their. Jaws is about a giant shark that arrives on the shores of a New England beach resort and terrorizes the swimmers, until a local sheriff teams up with a marine biologist, and an old seafarer to hunt the shark down. Steven Spielberg is by far one the best directors out their and whats so impressive about Jaws is that Spielberg is famous for directing epic biographies, dramas, mysteries and even sometimes action movies but Jaws is different because its a thriller, which is totally unlike Spielberg however he pulled it off great, this is definitely one of Spielberg's best films. The best part about Jaws is the characters who are portrayed excellently by Roy Schneider, Richard Dreyfus, and Robert Shaw these three actors not only do a great job playing these characters but have some of the best on screen chemistry of any trio in Hollywood. Another great aspect of Jaws is the films intensity, do not let the PG rating fool you this is one of the most intense films I have seen, its even more intense then some PG-13 or even R rated movies out their, not to mention it even convinced an entire generation of people not to swim in the ocean. At this point I would point out the flaws in a film but I can't find any with this film, its pretty much a perfect film. Jaws is a classic film that has everything a sharp script, an intense storyline, and a great characters brought to us by an amazing cast, if you need a classic to get you in the Shark Week spirit go watch Jaws you won't be disappointed.
July 24, 2017
one of the best and all time favorite movies.
July 20, 2017
Jaws is fast-paced and incredibly investing. You're tense and on edge for the false alarms, yet the shark's appearances manage to shock. Jaws boasts excellent performances from Schneider and Dreyfuss. The iconic John Williams score is still so suspenseful. A near perfect film. Spielberg's camera placement and meticulous editing mean that Jaws is weirdly polished, even with the animatronic shark and blood-red water! aws is brilliant. A pulsating plotline with great acting and excellent cinematography. Still apprehensive about going in the water.
July 20, 2017
I grew up on this movie and I love it
½ July 18, 2017
This movie is full of entertainment, excitement, and blood. Very well made. Whoever doesn't enjoy this movie or gives this amazing piece of film a f*ckinh sh*t review, they can meet me in the parking lot for a fight
July 16, 2017
A damn near perfect monster movie. Always tense and the script has just the right amount of "An Enemy of the People" and "Moby Dick".
July 16, 2017
A truly spectacular thriller movie. Considering it was made in 1975 this is one epic film.
July 12, 2017
The innovative camera angles work with the film's score perfectly to elevate the terror below.
½ July 9, 2017
Extremely suspenseful and taught, each scene flows into the next with ease and the acting is very good as well. I can say I was genuinely scared and on the edge of my seat for this film, and I was throughly entertained the entire time. The special effects are top notch and the shark is not shown too much, Spielberg instead uses time to develop characters and it pays high dividends in the end