Jaws - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jaws Reviews

½ September 18, 2017
Though at this point the film has become more of a routine exercise to watch, it is nonetheless one of the best, most suspenseful films I've ever seen.
September 17, 2017
Though neither my Spielberg nor blockbuster favorite, 'Jaws' is an exciting horror film which delivers some nice Hitchcockian thrills, and whose execution is admirable, achieving to create a frightening, tension-filled suspense and being visually unforgettable. Not only being a landmark work in the career of a box office phenomenon, 'Jaws' is also among its director's most unpretentiously entertaining ones.
September 16, 2017
My 4th favorite film of all time.
September 15, 2017
A great movie. Well directed by Steven Spielburg with good acting and a good plot.
September 11, 2017
Hands down, the greatest summer Blockbuster movie ever made. I mean, it created the concept of a summer Blockbuster, however it has never been beaten. Under the guise of a horror film, it is often forgotten how great of an all-around movie it is. Great acting and directing. Robert Shaw deserved an Oscar for his performance as quint.
September 3, 2017
Just watched this again with my kids. Haven't seen it in ages, and the suspense of the shark still holds up. Fun movie for a jumpy night!
September 1, 2017
This Was 34 Years Old In 2009.
August 23, 2017
A real classic with characters you care about.
August 19, 2017
A great horror/thriller film. Some of it doesn't hold up well, but the simple fear of not wanting to get in the water really, really works. Scheider is excellent, as is Dreyfuss. John Williams' score is amazing, through at times off-putting.
½ August 16, 2017
A movie that still stands the test of time because of its masterful direction and perfect editing. It will easily make one question to jump into any body of water.
½ August 15, 2017
A very well done film, especially in the special effects and sound departments, and it has some scenes where you catch yourself yelling at the people on-screen or banging your knees in excitement/terror; it's a thrilling ride.
August 14, 2017
This was a masterpiece of a film ever. JAWS is one of the best films that Steven Spielberg ever crafted and I love it every second of it the story telling was perfect it was edgy and very suspenseful. Listen I hate the other three films and even other shark films as well so do yourself a favour watch this one it is one of the best films you will ever watch and it is the best one in history. Well done Steven Spielberg you made a well crafted shark film ever. I FUCKING LOVE IT SO MUCH.
August 12, 2017
Jaws is without doubt, one of the biggest feats in cinema history. The Characters, The Story, The Setting, The Tone, The Mechanical Shark, are all spectacular. I can't imagine how amazing this movie would of been back in 1975. Nothing can beat this classic. Right now, labelled as my Second Favorite Movie of all Time.
August 10, 2017
What else can you say but, best shark movie I have ever seen in my life. We thank you Steven Spielberg for making this great film of a masterpiece.
August 7, 2017
When your scared to go into a swimming pool after seeing this movie you know its good lol! Best horror film of all time!
August 6, 2017
This was the beginning of the blockbuster era. Inclusive today, still scary, well-acted and have one of the best movie endings ever. Spielberg proof once again that can make master pieces with low-budget and only marketing. The poster is the best of cinema history.
½ August 5, 2017
A scary movie that is a classic. Sure some parts that I look back are a little cheesy but besides that its a phenomenal movie.
July 31, 2017
Jaws made big waves in theaters during the mid 70s and has since pioneered what we now know as the summer blockbuster. It is a colossal film that started a revolution in filmmaking. What makes it even more incredible is that still, to this day, Jaws has the gusto to stand above the majority of films that try to replicate its design.
½ July 30, 2017
Such a great movie! It has a great cast, characters, plot, and action. It might not look the most real but its still believable and inspiring. I completely agree with the rave reviews
July 26, 2017
Film gora yn y byd erioed, no messin!!!!
Best ffilm evr. Perfect in every way, nuff said!!!