Jaws 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jaws 2 Reviews

½ February 16, 2017
This movie was go overall kind of like the original but it still gets the idea of the franchise right sadly this is the best jaws SQL
½ February 11, 2017
A sharp detour into mediocrity. Jaws 2 does everything it can to devalue what Steven Spielberg did with the first installment of the series.
½ January 26, 2017
Did we really need a sequel to one of the best films ever made (any certainly one of my favorites!)? Of course, but this film is BORING as shit! Forgettable characters, Brody was kind of bland in this one, boring plot, not very good death scenes, and really we're gonna make the shark like fucking supernatural or something! Just not worth it!
January 22, 2017
Not good. A poor attempt at remaking the first movie, but enjoyable enough for Roy Scheider's identical character
½ January 20, 2017
With good suspense that makes this movie exciting, however with very forced performances and an awful script.
½ December 30, 2016
Kind of drawn out, but it works and the end is rewarding enough. Nothing compared to the original, but it works
December 23, 2016
Blood's in the water and Universal strikes with the highly anticipated sequel Jaws 2. The story continues with another rogue shark plaguing the island community of Amity, but this time Police Chief Body stands alone as the town counsel refuse to acknowledge that a shark is responsible for a recent string of deaths and missing persons. Unfortunately the writing isn't that good; the shark is portrayed as some sort of psychotic killer, and there are too many characters to follow (mostly teens who are all pretty indistinguishable). In fact the film plays a lot like a teen horror film, with a bunch of horny teenagers running around, chased by a bloodthirsty shark. Still, director Jeannot Szwarc does a pretty good job at making the action scenes intense and exciting. It pales in comparison to the original, but Jaws 2 is a decent enough thriller.
December 18, 2016
Jaws 2 is hardly a bad sequel per se, but it's certainly not in the same ballpark as the original classic. Overly long and underperformed outweigh the pluses, namely a movie that doesn't stray from the basics, a few honest scares, and impressive up-close shark work. It makes for fair entertainment and a worthy entry into the man-eating shark genre, though not necessarily a worthy successor to one of cinema's all-time classics.
December 12, 2016
I'd only watch that movie once. It focuses on teen situations rather than the great white shark.
½ November 21, 2016
Nowhere near as good as the original. But still not bad all together, largely thanks to Roy Scheider and Murray Hamilton.
½ October 30, 2016
The Hollywood milking machine begins... Jaws, a great trailblazing film took the world by storm in 1975 as the first "shark" disaster film. One could only expect for Hollywood to cash in before too long.

Roy Scheider reprises his role as Chief Brody. Scheider is a very serious and believable character actor. In this Jaws installment, like the first, it is personal for Chief Brody as his children and their friends are in danger. The scenes are incredibly cheesy and dated. The ending predictable and just sets the framework for progressively worse installments of the Jaws saga.

This film falls into the bad "A-film" class.
½ October 8, 2016
Not lost much of its original appeal - effects now look very ropey
½ October 2, 2016
roy scheider not trying what he is only doing this because he forced directing is fine acting is a lot the pacing is horrible the shark is barely issue in the film it's rushed and clearly forced production and yes Roy roy scheider does look like doesn't want to be there the whole time
September 27, 2016
Jaws 2 was "good enough" but not like the first one. The best part of the film was Rob Scheider. The worse part was the pacing (such a borefest for the first 30-40 minutes). And it just didn't have that feeling the first movie had. The characters, other than Rob Sheider, were much weaker and less engaging than in the first movie. Adding all these things up, I rate it a 6/10 OR 3/5. I'm scared to watch Jaws 3 because my psychic powers are already warning me that I will probably be worse than Jaws 2.
September 24, 2016
Slightly better than the original.
½ September 16, 2016
The plot was much weaker then the first installment and no where near as chilling...and despite the very predictable storyline there is still enough suspense to call this one entertaining. Though we must remind ourselves these films were made in the 1970s with far fewer film technologies !
½ September 10, 2016
It's still an interesting and entertaining film
September 8, 2016
Ok now I saw part of this and I just don't like it why did they have to make this. It scared me and I don't recommend it it's to nerve-racking so I hope they will not make a other one!
September 8, 2016
The first is implausible yet entertaining. The second is just downright insulting if you've seen the first, as you have the displeasure of watching the characters from the first film ignore the events of the first film and fail when they recur in the second. Remember what Einstein said about insanity? Perhaps I'm insane for knowingly watching the same film twice.