Jaws 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jaws 2 Reviews

½ September 13, 2018
This movie is a very criticized film, but I even liked it. Of course it's not as good as the first movie, but it's even good.
He had good actors, a good story, good characters and special effects were better than the first film; Although many scenes are unnecessary, the shark does not appear very much, and the shark often does not act at the right time. I recommend (although there better movies to see)
½ September 12, 2018
The sequel that nobody asked for, although it's produced with enough competence to serve as a love letter to the original film as opposed to an insult.
September 2, 2018
Facing It's superior predecessor, Jaws 2 fails to replicate the success, yet wildly entertains for what It's worth. While visually Amity Island remains afloat, Scheider's paranoia, sub par plot, and a violent but unconvincing shark, keep this one underwater.
August 13, 2018
Whilst hardly in the same league as Steven Spielberg's seminal shark-thriller sensation, Jeannot Szwarc's inevitable follow-up is a near masterpiece when compared to the infamous, toothless instalments that followed. The welcome returns of star Roy Scheider and composer John Williams are easily what makes the movie; the rest is an often slow-burning, patchy rehash which undeniably does have its moments but is hampered by a highly unlikely premise (the Amity folk once again turning a blind eye to the warnings of Schieder) and the sheer greatness of its predecessor.
August 2, 2018
The overal unoriginality of the plot and the consistancy Of dulls scene she creates an unpleasant movie, Also, too much ropes.
July 21, 2018
Still fun but org isbest as always
½ July 12, 2018
Pretty good. Nice follow up to the original, does pale in comparison. But the story works, it's likable, and re-watchable.
July 4, 2018
Not as good as the first Jaws Movie, but still a good follow-up to the classic original.
April 11, 2018
not as good as the first but lives up to the hype
½ April 1, 2018
Most of the plotline is clouded with flurries of repetition from the original, The climax is way too overly long and pretty boring, and the cheese factor that especially plagued the two sequels has begun to manifest itself.
½ March 24, 2018
A step down from the first movie but at least it's a movie that knows exactly what it is and to that end it delivers. Style over substance perhaps but it still entertains.
March 10, 2018
it is unnecessary but it manages to scare you like in Jaws.
½ February 18, 2018
Not A Bad Followup But Sure Could Have Used Richard Dreyfuss And Robert Shaw When On Land
½ January 18, 2018
I'm not going to waste my time and yours comparing it to the original. As a stand alone shark movie, it's one of the best.
January 13, 2018
3 years afternoon those vicious shark attacks, Chief Brody returns when a great white shark once again threatens the seaside resort of Smity island. Roy Schneider returns in this sequel which is a pale imitation of the classic original. Director Jeannot Szwarc tries to emulate Steven Speilberg's imaginative style, but loses control of a film guided mainly by its stalwart star. There are times when you have to wonder why they bothered.
January 10, 2018
i want to see jaws 2
December 23, 2017
Jaws sequels always seem to be frowned upon for two reasons:
a) The original 1975 Steven Spielberg directed Jaws was so damn good and b) the sequels on the whole (and I've only seen shark bait portions past 2 are so pap!)
However if this film is judged on its own merits and if it was more standalone and made a few years later it would be more lauded much like shark films I have seen more recently such as The Shallows which rips off some elements of this.
Several cast members return in this sequel. Sequels weren't as commonplace in 1978 as today I suppose so that was good.
However Spielberg doesn't direct. Directing duties fall to Jeannot Swarc who I have never heard of but does a respectable job.
Again the film centres on the resort of Amity Island and the embattled police chief Brody (Roy Schieder).
After several mystery deaths near Amity, Brody begins to smell a Great White may be on the loose again.
The odious Mayor Vaughn (Murray Hamilton) again displays agitation at Brodys antics much as he did in the original (I've already broken my pledge not to compare to the original!).
Brodys own children are the centrepiece I suppose this time. Just how will he react when he finds out they may be in danger from the killer beast?
What follows is a deadly game of shark and annoying seventies kids floating on rafts and overturned boats near some cable junction.
Cable junction is a small island that supplies power from the mainland to Amity via a series of high voltage underwater cables.
It is via one of these cables that Brody entices the shark and it meets a nice death being zapped at several thousand volts to a John Williams score!
A respectable film in its own right but not up to the heights of the original. A worthy film to be broadcast on cable TV in a graveyard shift.
½ November 27, 2017
Just a second rate version of the first movie. Not even sure why it exists
October 29, 2017
Good acting, but we never wanted a shark movie turned into slasher film.
½ October 3, 2017
It's nowhere comparable to the 1st one but it definitely provides great entertainment and acting.