Jaws 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jaws 2 Reviews

½ July 22, 2016
For what it's worth, the best of the Jaws sequels.
½ July 17, 2016
It was okay as far as sequels go, but I would have probably regretted buying a ticket to see it in theaters.
July 16, 2016
Nowhere near as good as the original. But still not bad all together, largely thanks to Roy Scheider and Murray Hamilton.
July 11, 2016
Jaws 2 is one of the best shark films and still holds up as a good sequel. If you like shark movies Jaws 2 is a Must See!
½ July 9, 2016
A decent attempt at a sequel, but it just can't compete against the brilliance of the original. Would've been better if it didn't fall into predictable horror slasher territory in the second half.
½ July 7, 2016
A great and worthy sequel to JAWS.
½ July 7, 2016
its what you would expect from a sequel to the first jaws it is very much a retred but it is still alot of fun
July 5, 2016
Has many flaws but has some good. The biggest problem is the characters (besides Chief) and the film has very little suspense unlike the first.
July 4, 2016
While the film is limited by both its pacing and lack of originality, Jaws 2 holds its own through solid character development and well drafted action scenes
July 4, 2016
An unnecessary sequel to a classic but still fun!
½ July 3, 2016
Being a quick cash in on the success of the original, this is surprisingly a pretty damn good sequel. Several very effective sequences.
½ June 28, 2016
Jaws 2 is not bad, but it really doesn't hold up. It might scare you here and there, but the story is nonsense and the tension of the first movie is gone.
June 23, 2016
Citizens of Amity are again terrorized by a shark. This film's only redemption is that nearly the entire cast has returned. Otherwise, it's pretty standard horror fare.
½ June 22, 2016
This sequel devolves from an adult suspense flick in the first movie to a shitty teen horror flick in this one.
June 22, 2016
Jaws 2 is directed by Jeannot Szwarc, and it stars Roy Scheider and Lorraine Gary in a shark film about another shark that terrorizes Amity Island again, and Chief Martin Brody (Roy Scheider) deals with the shark once again. When coming towards the series, I remember this one being the last solid Jaws film that I've watched. So when I got to see it again, it's not as great as I remember it, but I still think it's a good movie in its own. Roy Scheider is still terrific here and I still care about his character in this one also. The shark effect doesn't look as realistic looking as the one in the first one, but it still looks good, and it's a lot better looking than other shark films. Even though I like the character progression of Martin Brody, the other characters however, I did not care about them at all, and when they were trapped by the shark, I wasn't really interested in what's going to happen to them. I'm glad that the movie creates the characters and leave the shark out for suspense reasons, but the characters are bland, and are not nearly as interesting as Steven Spielberg's version. There were some plot points that I thought were repeated from the first one, but it lead to different resolutions of it. The score by John Williams is really catchy still, and the climax of the film is a bit fun to watch as Martin Brody is in the battlefield with the shark. There are some good suspense, and an effective scare here or there, but as is, Jaws 2 will never be as fantastic as Jaws, but hey, at least this is way better than Jaws 3-D and Jaws: The Revenge.
June 20, 2016
Jaws 2 (1978) C-116m. ?? 1/2 D: Jeannot Szwarc. Roy Scheider, Lorraine Gary, Murray Hamilton, Mark Gruner. Scheider is in hot water after a second shark terrorizes the waters, and does everything he can to protect the beaches-and his son. OK sequel has some scares but is weakened by the absence of Shaw and Dreyfuss. Spielberg had absolutely nothing to do with this follow-up.
½ June 19, 2016
One of the greatest horror sequels ever made.
½ June 15, 2016
The Best sequel no doubt but can't compare well with the original but I would still watch it more than once.
June 12, 2016
Roy Scheider, Lorraine Gary and Murray Hamilton's performances, for me, anyways are the only redeeming things of this movie. Rip-off of the first one, boring and one of the most laughable sharks you will see. If you would like to see a movie with Scarface the Shark, see it, but otherwise watch at your own risk.
June 10, 2016
Jaws 2 is a good sequel, it has a lot of the intensity and the great acting of the first movie! Unfortunately, some points of the script aren't exactly what i can call strong. B+