Jesus Camp - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jesus Camp Reviews

½ March 20, 2017
What the fuck did I just watch? Holy crap
March 14, 2017
A very intriguing yet disturbing documentary.
March 1, 2017
Well made with crazy content
½ November 30, 2016
Harry Potter is a warlock and we don't worship warlocks!!
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Some crazy stuff on show, obvious brain washing but are these people really doing any harm? It's hard to say, it's such a huge debate and there will never be a right or wrong answer when it comes to belief or religion.
November 1, 2016
Interesting, level-headed, and straight to the point, Jesus Camp is worthwhile for God-fearing Evangelicals and Devil-worshiping Heathens alike. It's "Great!"
½ October 27, 2016
The kids in 'Jesus Camp' aren't dumb, they're frustratingly indoctrinated into a religion. In this case, Evangelicals, who use their beliefs to also form political opinions. This is the best way the poor and middle class are controlled by the elite. When you get well informed people who are actually smart, you have to take into account they could be informed poorly or differently. The filmmakers take an in-depth look into just how youth are informed poorly.
½ August 27, 2016
Unsettling. It's terrible that we allow this to happen to children. Anyone who thinks this is okay scares me. Religious fanaticism is still fanaticism, no matter what your beliefs are. These Christians are just as bad as all the others - stealing their children's independence and free thought before they even have it.
August 7, 2016
this movie made me violently angry
July 30, 2016
A really intense, hard look at how some Americans do Christianity. Originally, I wasn't too bothered by the hardcore teachings of repentance and our need for God's grace. However, some lines are crossed if you look at it from a Biblical perspective. Either way, an intriguing look into something real.
June 5, 2016
Informational, but not much of a story arc. I'd be interested to see a "Where Are They Now".
½ March 10, 2016
Ye gads, these people are crazy.
February 25, 2016
I made it 9 minutes in to this movie before turning it off. Totally f*^#*ed up - child abuse in my opinion.
February 1, 2016
Pretty bad, but also pretty good at the same time.
½ January 31, 2016
As a Christian, this is the most disgusting documentary I have ever watched. In the first 10 minutes you watch as a "christian pastor" shames children, tells them they are dirty and instructs them to wash their hands to be cleanse. She does not teach these children the gospel, grace or the fact that they are loved and adore by God. They do not need to wash their hands to be clean, they need to ask Jesus for forgiveness, receive it and know that they are not perfect, never will be and that's why they have Jesus. Do not watch this, do not show you kids. This made me cry watching those poor children being told they were hypocrites and be shame. There is NO SHAME in Christ Jesus!
½ January 27, 2016
That film made me sick from the first minute on. A sad world we live in^^
½ January 24, 2016
It is appalling to see the nefarious effects of religion and the fundamentalist indoctrination of children carried out by those ignorant, delusional ministers who are so strongly committed to brainwashing them into becoming a bunch of fanatics and turning the USA into a theocracy.
January 4, 2016
A fascinating documentary on a Jesus Camp run by evangelicals that provides very disturbing material outlining the brainwashing of children to adhere to a particular message. It is a reaction to Muslim extremist camps quite clearly and the intolerance instilled in the youngsters is horrible to watch.
January 3, 2016
People.......are fucked
December 30, 2015
A truly shocking Documentary. Its a powerful and scary film that shows you how there is a massive brainwashing movement in America. Everyone should see this film because its an eye opener. The bit where they were praying to the cardboard cut out of George W. Bush was creepy as hell.