Jingle All the Way - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jingle All the Way Reviews

February 1, 2019
OMG, Arnold christmas flick! Wonderful!
January 2, 2019
It's bad. Devastatingly bad. But it's funny bad. "Jingle All the Way" is one of those rare, guilty pleasures that any fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger should watch. It's ludicrious to the point that you wished you were partaking in the actor's suffering since it seemed so fun and silly. Why the one star rating you ask? Well, it's because of the special effects. It painfully reminds you why this movie is so bad in the first place. Just turn off your brain and enjoy the ride.
January 1, 2019
An extremely overlooked film, despite its idiocy, stupidity and sometimes badly executed plot, Jingle All The Way withholds an fascinating concept about mass consumerism which is extremely relatable when you look at the time period it's set in. The storyline has a surprising amount of emotional weight because the film is centered around a workaholic father who wants to make things up to his son and wife by promising to get his son the hottest toy of the season, Turbo-Man even though it's Christmas Eve and the toy is practically sold out. Schwarzenegger and Sinbad are so much fun and the film is filled with many humour focused sequences. It gets way too over the top but, com'on, it's a family movie providing entertainment which should appeal to a number of different demographics, Jingle All The Way embraces the silliness that it holds.

Overall, Jingle All The Way is a movie that mustn't be taken seriously, it's aim is to be extremely ludicrous and idiotic but it is a shame it's ruined by a third act that is way too long and merely used to advertise a bunch of different toys as well as displaying a poorly executed live-action cartoon charged with laughable effects. Nonetheless, Jingle All The Way serves its purpose of being an entertaining and fairly relatable Christmas movie but it contains too much satire on materialism and an overlong third act to make it stand the test of time but any movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger will be quite enjoyable due to his energy, likeability and charismatic performances that this film is fairly irresistible despite its huge problems but it is unfairly hated upon due to its silliness, which the film happily embraces upon, but at least it contains my favourite Schwarzenegger line - "Put dat cookie down! NOW!"
December 29, 2018
so bad its good in my opinion, Arnold and Sinbad try their best but it turns into a hilariously awful movies. looks like it was intentional so that makes me love it even more.
December 24, 2018
Though it aims to be a satire of the commercialization or Christmas by the collusion of the media and you industries, the final productâ"decidedly a commodity in itselfâ"is so flat and middling as to hardly be more than a long commercial for a nonexistent toy (and not a very fun one at that).
December 24, 2018
Cute and easy to watch, this film gives a positive message for both kids and adults.
December 24, 2018
Jingle All the Way is intermittently funny with decent performances from Schwarzenegger and Sinbad - wish I could say the same about Rita Wilson and Jake Lloyd - and the over-the-top nature of its premise is what makes this movie worth watching. Not that that stops this movie from being unsure how to balance its materialism satire and John Hughes-esque slapstick, a message that materialism will win your son's love and jumping the shark in the third act. It starts off fine but then it ends up becoming this dumb Power Rangers parody like the in-universe Turbo Man show that seems too out of place with what has been established in this movie's universe. Jingle All the Way is stupid but it's an entertaining kind of stupid.
December 23, 2018
Cheesy festive fun, which has somehow made it onto my annual viewing list. Arnie is typical Arnie. Surprisingly still relevant today.
December 22, 2018
I watched this for the first time since my childhood today. While there were a few laughs to be had, this movie is confused. Especially in the third act where the characters seem to gain some superhuman traits through their costumes.
The film finds it hard to balance the cynical narrative of consumerism and the slap stick comedy.
½ December 22, 2018
A good Christmas film
December 22, 2018
Put that cookie down
December 21, 2018
One of my top 5 favorite christmas movies
December 19, 2018
It's a guilty pleasure. It's a dumb, dumb movie with lines worthy of laughing at. Arnold Schwarzenegger being involved in a family friendly Christmas movie is extremely 90's but it gets a number of enjoyable guilty pleasure chuckles out of me.
½ December 19, 2018
plain awful.i was actually fine when he is trying to get the toy but the superheros at the end horrible
December 17, 2018
Fun family Christmas movie!
December 16, 2018
When I was a kid I love this movie.... 5 stars for that. lol
December 14, 2018
This is HANDS-DOWN the best comedy Christmas movie. We have been watching for 15 years at least. Sinbad is too funny in this movie!!
December 9, 2018
How can people not like this movie. Its hilarious! One of my favorite Christmas movies.
December 6, 2018
Silly fin but strikes a good nerve!
December 4, 2018
The GREATEST christmas movie of all time, truely made my day and the humor gives the best feel