Jingle All the Way - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jingle All the Way Reviews

October 4, 2016
It's a great movie of those that you made fun of small and long time not see them does, it's amazing to see her every Christmas with children next, one of the best parts of this film is that in which the father played by Schwarzenegger and a busy postman played by Sinbad, have a chat while waiting to have the toy store on Christmas shopping last minute when the former tells the postman that your child also wants a doll Turbo Man the second will release a words are the truth: "we are in the hands of powerful cartels of toys, a handful of bigwigs who use the hard workers like you and I, millions of dollars are spent on advertising and are throwing subliminal messages to suck your mind our children, and what I say because I attended one year at college and study psychology, so I am aware it is happening and thus get a kid feel like garbage, if your father that you work 24 hours delivering mail so that we can pass the pension to a woman who has slept with all staff post but me, and when you have the toy breaks and you can not fix it because it is cheap plastic, you know I want to do? would go up to that office, grab one of them and squeeze the neck until their eyes pop "that although partly a joke (about the woman who sleeps with all staff post under him ) is also a reflection, a critique toy companies, when a child wants something very special that is fashionable either a doll or a game of a very popular character, you go crazy looking and can not find, as in this film the father for a workaholic wants to compensate your child for his karate class have been lost, this asks a doll of a character based on bullshit type series "Power Rangers" Turbo Man, the problem is that although it has promised buy it, is the world's best selling toy and the father is involved in the most bizarre and unfortunate situations to get the happy Turbo Man. in order that you want to tell? Schwarzenegger always liked more in comedy than in those tatty and loggerhead movies shootings and punches without argument.
September 8, 2016
Put that movie down, pick that cookie up, and while you're at it, find a better film
August 17, 2016
This has become a christmas classic for me, right up there with charlie brown.
½ July 30, 2016
Good Christmas film, A little silly but hey it's a Christmas film it shouldn't be serious, One of them films that I must watch at Christmas and one of my favourite ones.
July 19, 2016
Watch this for Phil Hartman and Phil Hartman alone.
June 13, 2016
A christmas movie the family and I enjoy watching every year.
½ May 27, 2016
This movie is enjoyable and has some really funny moments. I don't know why don't like it a lot because to me this isn't a holiday classic but it is still worth watching.
April 23, 2016
A Xmas classic, OTT just like all Arnie films
½ March 26, 2016
Arnold is better off in action movies, not this
½ March 13, 2016
Good at heart and loads of fun for children. It's super cheesy and implausible, but there is an entertaining movie here, even if it is very preposterous.
March 8, 2016
I love this movie. With all my heart.
This is something you need to watch every Christmas; all other Christmas movies pale in comparison to this gem of a story.

I put the cookie down for Arnold.
February 3, 2016
As a kid I liked the movie as the battle between Arnold and Sinbad was hyped up.
Now looking back it's pretty much silly nonsense.
It's a comedy about 2 men who are both trying to get their hands on turbo man, the hottest toy on the market.
In the background a subplot of Arnold trying to be a better father for his son is tied in, and is way overdone as it drowns out the comedy.
There are some good funny scenes early in the movie, but man it gets pretty embarrassing as the film goes.
January 27, 2016
Christmas laughs. So this is about a hard working father (Arnold Schwarzenegger) that has been swamped at the office, and hasn't had Christmas shopping in the forefront of his brain. When finally dawns on him that he forgot to buy his son the hot new "it" toy on Christmas Eve, he has to do whatever it takes to make sure his son gets this action figure. This movie is one that is a bit of an enigma for me; I've watched this multiple times now, and have experienced mixed emotions each time. That said, I can usually go with my gut in figuring out my underlying feelings about a film. I am still no closer to figuring out whether I love this film or hate it. Right off the bat, Jingle All the Way starts off with a trope that is one of my biggest pet peeves to see in a movie: the working father that is busting his butt to provide for family, but they resent him for it because there aren't enough hours in the day to attend karate competitions. It's a cliché that is all to common in family films, and it is an instant turn-off for me in a movie, making it rare for a movie to work its way back and win me over. As obtrusive as that may be, it isn't long before Jingle All the Way is showing its true colors, which is this absurdist comedy about what this mad-dash holiday has turned into. Is it intelligent commentary? No, not really, but everything doesn't have to be Shakespeare. You can have a silly movie featuring one of the largest action stars alive and come up with the most ridiculous things for him to say without breaking a smile. This is filled with comedy buffoonery, and not everything in here makes me laugh. In fact, a lot of it leaves me flabbergasted as far as why anybody would think that this is a good idea, but I have to say, it leaves an impression and I will never forget Jingle All the Way. I don't think this is something than anybody will ever defend as a classic, but for what it is, it's entertaining in a slipping-into-an-alternate-dimension sort of way. The great Phil Hartman is great in this odd and slimy role, and for me, he's one of the standouts of this. Even after multiple viewings, Jingle All the Way really still stands as one of those movies that I have no idea how to rate, because while it is inarguably a dopey comedy, it is one that I am able to laugh at because of the absurdity factor.
January 20, 2016
One of my Christmas favorites, that doesn't mean it is that great of a movie. The story and acting are just okay, it provides enough spaced out action and laughs that you are not bored. Although it's nice to see Arnold in family friendly role, it is not that believable that he is his character.
½ January 3, 2016
I've always wondered who this film was made for. I guess as a kid I didn't get the whole cringey sexual humor thing, or the drunken reindeer thing. Now that I'm an adult however, I'm wondering why cringey sexual humor and drunken reindeer are funny.
January 1, 2016
Some characters were slightly annoying, however there were some funny parts and generally a good Christmas movie.
December 29, 2015
Make no mistake, this movie is bad. It might be one of the most misguided Christmas movies I've seen. First of all it starts with the standard trope from 90s movies where we are told a parent is bad because they have a full-time job. It is accentuated because they miss some event in their child's life, and despite all appearances that they do have genuine love for the child after the fact, missing this event means they are completely misguided and need to do something to prove they are worthy of being a parent. It is so overused that I find myself rolling my eyes before they even hit the 15 minute mark in Jingle All the Way. The crazy part of this movie is that from there it only goes downhill. Arnold's willingness to use any means necessary to get a particular toy for his son leads him through a series of downright farcical scenarios that would be hard to buy even in a cartoon. The sad part is its not heart-warming, it doesn't seem motivated by love, it is almost a celebration of commercialism. I'm convinced the only way to get through Jingle All the Way is to watch it with a group of friends who will make fun of it with you, because the story is just too depressing and annoying to watch without adding your own humor. Perhaps the only bright spot is a super creepy performance by Phil Hartman, who always knows how to commit to a role even when the material is terrible. Save yourself the trouble...do not waste your time on this sorry excuse for a Christmas movie.
December 28, 2015
Jingle All the way is not a good film, but I enjoyed it so much as a child so it is very nostalgic for me and a lot of the over the top Arnold moments are just an absolute treat to watch.
Film Rating:4/10
Guilty Pleasure Rating:10/10
December 26, 2015
A corny xmas movie with terribly over the top acting but boy is it fun. It typifies the madness of christmas and the iconic american parade. Its a clever little story and has lots of slapstick humour the whole family can enjoy.