Jingle All the Way - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jingle All the Way Reviews

½ January 14, 2018
As usual, Arnold is the best albeit action or comedy roles. Whoever played the wife, ruined it for me. She's too lame & unbelievable & looks like she's forcing herself to show emotions. I love this for family viewing--no swearing, no murder, etc. Bring back another Arnold jingle !!
January 5, 2018
This is one to watch at Christmas so it has a higher score based on that. It's a pretty mundane film but is silly and full of Christmas songs to pass the time.
The film misses the point on the greed of children at Christmas due to mass merchandising. The child is horrible and needs a reality check... apparently, if he does not get a toy he will be the loser at school. So he continually whines and sulks.
So his father promises he will get one and proceeds to continuously break the law and ruin everyone else's Christmas, seriously! The message of this film is terrible...it's a very cynical movie that is only watchable due to Arnie.
January 1, 2018
A fun Christmas movie that is elevated by Arnold Schwarzenegger always being likable and keeping an over the top, but enjoyable tone throughout. Sinbad has a very funny line involving a radio station and a bomb. If you've seen the movie you know what I mean. It does become a huge cartoon where everyone is a super hero, but I still enjoy watching it every Christmas. (Also Jake Lloyd is beyond annoying so beware him)
½ January 1, 2018
Has there ever been a worse Christmas film? Hmmm. I urge you, if you have a couple of hours to spare, take up crochet and do it badly, have a nap, read the phone book...anything but waste your existence watching this. At one point I thought it might possibly have a genuine message about the overcommercialisation of Christmas...but no! This film has the moral compass of a Barbie doll. As for characters with whom one could sympathise or care about...nada. This film is everything I'd like to avoid at Christmas. Avoid like a plagued reindeer...oh, hang on, that's one of the characters in this dearth of Christmas spirit.
December 30, 2017
It did its job in making me want to see him get that doll. Fairly entertaining. The bomb gag was kind of unnecessary, tho. This could never be made today. Especially the racial stuff with Sinbad. The emotional narrative doesn't flow as well as it could. The sarcastic sequences with Hartman don't work very well, but the comedic ones are quite effective. It should have ended with Arnold telling his son he's his #1 customer. Also, shouldn't Sinbad be in jail? It's a good bad movie.

ps - why does Rita Wilson work?
December 29, 2017
Un clásico navideño. Es bastante mala, pero apetece verla de vez en cuando
½ December 26, 2017
Funny movie, with almost realistic struggle for the perfect gift. Jingle All the Way is a fun holidayfilm, but can be a bit cheesy at times.
jamrcla
December 24, 2017
Good Christmas film, A little silly but hey it's a Christmas film it shouldn't be serious, One of them films that I must watch at Christmas and one of my favourite ones.
December 22, 2017
Easily the greatest Christmas movie of all time.
December 21, 2017
Strengths: Regardless of how you feel about the story or the performances, the movie succeeds in one important aspect. It's fun. And isn't that what Christmas comedy is all about? When I watch this movie, I turn my brain off a bit and have a good time. Arnold Schwarzenegger (Howard) plays the dad and his acting here is one of those things that is so bad, it comes around and is good in a funny way. Sinbad (Myron) looks to be having a blast as the antagonist. He's part of some of the funniest scenes. I also got a kick out of seeing Arnold fight a bunch of crooked Santas, including one played by the Big Show during his WCW days. I do also like how it showed the commercialization of Christmas, as it tends to get passed over in other holiday films.

Weaknesses: As I said, this is a movie where turning your brain off works best. That's because a lot of the scenes are way over the top. While the Arnold/Sinbad stuff is usually fun, the Phil Hartman (Ted) and Rita Wilson (Liz) stuff drags the movie down. A few of the comedy things with it clicked, but it mostly missed the mark for me as a side plot. The running gag between Howard and the cop also wasn't as funny as it could've been.

Overall: While not a classic Christmas flick, this one has its charms. It's a silly movie with some fun scenes and hilarious sounding one-liners from Arnold. It's a ridiculous guilty pleasure and it works in that sense.
December 16, 2017
Cheesy, but decent family fun.

[6/10]
December 15, 2017
Jingle all the Way is an instant classic. One is reminded of the mad rush for the Tickle Me Elmo doll in the 90's as they watch Arnold race to get the doll for his child and save Christmas. Not a typical role for him in the movie, but it works. Ignore the bad reviews. They don't know what they're talking about.
½ December 9, 2017
This is a stupid movie. I mean, really stupid. But damnit all, it's kind of fun for that. When I watched it as a kid, I enjoyed it's silly charm without fully realizing how silly it truly was. Now that I'm an adult, godamn, this movie is a nutcase. There's an underground group of Santas selling blackmarket toys, do I need to say more? It's not a good movie, it's really not, but it's a surprisingly enjoyable movie despite this. The only part that really sucks all around is Sinbad, who's just obnoxious. Other than that, I can't deny there's a really strong camp charm to it.
December 5, 2017
this film is a funny Christmas family classic. Jingle All The Way is a good Christmas film with tons of fun and a lot of humor and come on sinbad man can go wrong with that. Overall i love the film its a classic family film and a Christmas classic well done and good job.
December 3, 2017
There's no Christmas spirit present, but I can admit it's dumb fun.
November 29, 2017
God help me, but I actually liked it. Sure, the story is extremely ludicrous, the message about consumerism is confused, and the 90's cheesiness is thick in almost every scene... but the goofiness is just so over-the-top that I can't help but smile anyways. If you view it as just a simple holiday movie then it's pretty fun, lighthearted, and sometimes genuinely funny.

I won't call it a GOOD movie (in fact, it's kinda bad), but it is a fun one if you're in the right mood. 16% is a little too harsh.

"PUT DAT COOKIE DOWN!"
½ November 23, 2017
A great example about commercialism around Christmas. Being brainwashed into believing that you can buy your children's love, rather than earning it! Despite that, a great guilty pleasure for the holiday season!
November 19, 2017
This is one of the Greatest Christmas movies of all time & CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED!!! Funny & Compelling, likable characters, Arnold dressing up as Turbo-Man was icing on the cake. Opinions aren't indicative of the Heart & Emotion this film has! Think for yourself, good 90s film.
November 1, 2017
The story and comedy has a place in my heart. But I cant say the same for the cheesy effects.
½ October 25, 2017
A wildly exaggerated relatable parents tale to get their children what they want for Christmas. Goofy, crude, and very tonally uneven, but surprisingly, that's what I really enjoyed about it. It's a dumb, fun Christmas movie which contains one of Schwarzenegger's most quotable lines.

3.5/5 stars