John Q Reviews

• Jul 01, 2020

There are no easy answers here, but it is unpleasant to watch.

There are no easy answers here, but it is unpleasant to watch.

• Apr 22, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (1.5/5) It's a happy ending type of story, but it's way too silly in its detail to be taken seriously. Duration/Tempo: (3.5/5) At 1 hour and 56 minutes, it's a longer than average movie that felt shorter. Cast & Crew: (4/5) Denzel Washington powered this film forward despite its flawed story line. The remaining cast was solid. Summary: (2.5/5) The cast was very good and the film didn't feel long. However, the story was poor overall. A thumbs down.

• Mar 06, 2020

Denzel can do it all

Denzel can do it all

• Feb 22, 2020

If the test of a movie is the story of a character who is pushed to the breaking point, and how he deals with that conflict, then John Q succeeds. At the time the movie was made, the struggle for Americans to be able to afford adequate healthcare was just beginning to become national daily news, and I wouldn't be surprised if some powerful individuals in the federal government hadn't become more engaged with the issue after seeing this movie. Corny, sappy, schmaltzy, I don't care what you call it, I just hope that this movie offers perspective to Americans who view it and maybe develop empathy for their fellow citizens who find themselves between a rock and a hard place that Denzel Washington's John Q found himself.

• Feb 16, 2020

Where some scenes are "cheesy" the over all message is what counts. Love is movie. Definitely an all time classic.

• Jan 06, 2020

This is a fantastic film and a real commentary on the TERRIBLE American Health Care System. Children are dying because of parents not being able to afford a heart transplant for them. What kind of world are we living in, if that's the compassion we show to our fellow man. I don't understand how it's at 23% on RT. Shameful. Great performance by Denzel and Kimberly Elise.

• Nov 19, 2019

One of my favorite movies by Denzel besides Training Day.

One of my favorite movies by Denzel besides Training Day.

• Aug 11, 2019

an emotional thriller on all levels. sure it gets corny near the end but the impact it leaves shines through with some of the most well developed and likable characters in cinematic history.

• Jul 25, 2019

I'm going to say that the disparity between the critics' scores -at 23%- and the audience scores -at 78%-shows the precise point of this movie.The critics -can afford to be so damn glib and pompous about this movie because they all have medical insurance. Such a totally inane and downright stupid response on their part.The audience for the most part does not have medical insurance and you sure as hell don't see them waxing philisophic about this movie.You don't see them describing it as a satire for soppy melodramas. One man's soppy is another man's dead son.Great movie- stupid, stupid critics.JM

• Jul 04, 2019

This was a really sad movie, Denzel Washington plays a father who is going to take his own life and give his heart as a transplant to his son. He gets into a lot of stuff and they find a donor at the end, and he goes to jail but his son lives. Great actors, known actors but I could only watch this movie once, not because it is a bad movie just it is a emotional roller coaster.