Rambo (Rambo IV) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rambo (Rambo IV) Reviews

½ May 7, 2019
The critic rating is unreliable on this one. Audience got it right. Honestly I think it should be slightly higher. A solid 75%er
May 2, 2019
Certainly one to file under 'guilty pleasure', but if you're looking for a brutal, gory action movie it's hard to argue with this.
January 5, 2019
Stallone rebooted Rocky why should he not Rambo? Rambo does pretty much what one could reasonably expect it to do. It's not the best of the series (that would be #1) nor is it the worst (#2). It's a middling movie both in terms of the franchise and in terms of action movies in general. If what you want from a movie is a lot of Stallone looking morose and pensive before suddenly going apeshit and slaughtering a bunch of people, then Rambo is your kind of experience. And if you're looking for something elseā¦ why the hell would you be considering going to see a Rambo movie in the first place? The tone is closer to First Blood but the body count is more Rambo III. No matter how one dices and slices this new Rambo, the first one in 20 years, it will likely please fans of the long-in-the-tooth series, provided they still go to see movies. For action lovers this is a great film and Rambo doesn't disappoint in doing what he does best- kill. We do get to even see Rambo outrun the blast wave from a Claymore mine that has the explosive power of a small nuclear weapon. (An action lovers delight).
January 2, 2019
Just when you thought Rambo couldn't get anymore bad a$$. Several epic scenes that will go down in action cinema history. More please.
December 20, 2018
This movie rocked. Uneven pacing? Huh? It's an action movie. Had tons of action, a plausible plot (pretty much), and great effects. Dummies.
October 16, 2018
Rambo IV is one of the best action movies of all time. Obviously the best Rambo movie ever. The action is awesome, Sylvester Stallone is always great playing John Rambo. It's great to see all the bad guys get killed in this movie. This movie is awesome, excellent and amazing.
October 8, 2018
stallone really got it wrong in this one. For one thing the sas don't talk disdainfully like that, they're far better trained and disciplined than their US counterparts, and secondly the special forces would never ever make a jump from a jet, they're too fast and there's a danger of being sucked into a jet engine which is exactly what thicko rambo did.
½ September 23, 2018
My personal favorite of all the Rambos but the second best over all second to First Blood
½ July 29, 2018
Just a blood bath in the last 15 minutes. Great action.
½ July 28, 2018
Savagely violent at times but an entertaining return for the Hollywood icon. Stallone proves yet again that there is more gas in the tank. The violence in this film is spectacularly over the top at times but, is also a little too gruesome...easily the most violent out of the franchise and a welcome return. If you grew up with Rambo you will be more than happy with his return!
The story and plot are a little uneven as Stallone opts for a lot of back and forth and pondering. It would have been better as a white knuckle ride without the slow build. The other 2 sequels worked because they got him on a mission early and got all the boring stuff out of the way early.

As a fan of the franchise the ending was what tipped this movie for me, seeing Rambo walking down the road to his home was a nice little touch. It was a fitting end to an iconic Action series that has been deeply embedded in the pop culture for over 3 decades.
June 29, 2018
INCREDIBLE, THERE'S NO OTHER WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE FILM, GREAT SHOT MOMENTS, GREAT TO SEE FOREIGN MERCENARIES FROM BRITAIN, SBS AND SAS WORKING TOGETHER WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY SICK ( AWSOME ) i hope there will be more movies like this, GOOD WORK SLYVESTER!
June 29, 2018
The editing was so realistic and the way Rambo fought is really amazing one and only Rambo!
May 24, 2018
This was not a very good movie in my opinion. Coming from a die heart rambo fan, this was a HUGE let down. My biggest problemishes with this movie is and I know this sounds stupid, but hear me out. This movie was just WAYYYYY to violent! Now I know it's rated R, but come on! I mean for crying out loud there was a rape party scene! I say again a rape party scene! Also child molestation I mean really?! That has absolutely NO place in a movie! Now I get it, it's one of those movies that doesn't tip toe around the darkside of humans, lots of movies do that and do it better, way, way, way better. The part that really ruins this movie for me is and I don't remember if this is only in the director's, but I think it's in the original movie as well, trust me it's been awhile since I've seen this movie, and for good reason. Anyway during the opening credit's of the movie they show REAL and I mean REAL footage of REAL people being KILLED! And I'm not kidding REAL, ACTUAL, LIVING, BREATHING, PEOPLE BEING KILLED! Also Rambo's hardly in the movie, most of the time we only see that elite group or whatever they were. Kinda funny that the movie's called RAMBO yet he's barely in the movie! To make matters worse the plot is SO stupid! I mean really it's the 4th movie in the franchise and Rambo's mission is to save some Christian group from Burmese soldiers and that's it! One other thing I would like to point out and this part really bugs me too. In the scene where the Burmese soldiers are attacking the village where that Christian group is, the Burmese soldiers pick up KIDS and throw them it to fires! And you see it too! All of it! It was disgusting! So in conclusion, you wanna see this movie, take my advice, go on YouTube and watch the end scene where Rambo is on a big machine gun killing bad guys, that's the only part of this movie worth a darn, with the exception of the end credits where Rambo goes back to his home in Arizona, that was pretty cool. So once again you wanna watch this movie? Just watch the end scene on YouTube other than that, NEVER WATCH THIS MOVIE! EVER!!! Thank you and have a great day!
April 20, 2018
Fantastic movie that blows the others out of the water. Stallone was fantastic and I couldn't believe how dark and real everything felt. Stallone is a legend
April 15, 2018
Criminally underrated movie. Rambo people.
March 20, 2018
It's like The Expendables, but without the humor or ensemble cast.
March 5, 2018
Hands down what an action movie should be.
January 31, 2018
If you didn't have hulking testicles before watching Rambo (2008) you will afterwards.
January 9, 2018
Hell yes! This is a good movie!!! Rambo as we like to see!
½ January 6, 2018
Boring, disgusting, and awkwardly directed, Rambo is not good at all.