Rambo (Rambo IV) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rambo (Rambo IV) Reviews

July 20, 2016
Another Stallone classic, What a comeback for Rambo, I loved it, It's very bloody and some brilliant action scenes a must watch for any action lover, It has to be one of the most violent and realistic action films ever, It was done very well.
½ July 9, 2016
I thought this was a complete new reboot of the Rambo franchise, but no, I was wrong. And I actually liked the idea that it takes place around 20 years after the first 3 films, and you can really see it, Stallone is still great as Rambo, but maybe a little older. The action sequences are very good, but extremely bloody, even compaired to the earlier Rambo movies. But it's still a entertaining chaotic Rambo film, one to see for any action/war lover. Recommended !!
½ July 8, 2016
I pulled this out of my brother's collection expecting to see the original First Blood sequel. I was disappointed to find that not only had somebody decided to revisit Rambo, but that they decided to do so fairly recently. But it was okay. Sylvester Stallone was basically as big as a house. I have no idea if that was prosthetics or if he actually pumped iron and engulfed calories on a daily basis to get to that size. The film wastes very little time. It's all done very closely in the spirit of the old trilogy. Some things make very little sense, which sucks because the old Rambo films had some decent-enough premise. The choices made by the characters in this newer film just beg for suspension of disbelief. But there's very little to do for that -- some missionaries want to go deep into a very hostile jungle in Myanmar. They claim to be prepared for the worst, and that they've done this half a dozen times. None of this actually seems to be true, so why would they make the claim? The film goes on to get pretty well tawdry and gory, but we expect that out of a film that's fighting hard to live up to the "glory" of the single most iconic and recognizable 80's action movie. Ultimately, Rambo doesn't disappoint. 3.5/5
½ June 26, 2016
The best one since First Blood
June 14, 2016
Serves as a guilty pleasure film even though it is extremely violent and seems fine for what it is in its own franchise. B.
June 5, 2016
A underrated action sequel.
½ June 5, 2016
Sylvester Stallone proves himself able to change with the times, offering up a marvelously modern and shockingly graphic "Rambo" for the younger generation that blows every other action movie out of the water.
½ May 4, 2016
Surprisingly the worst in the franchise. I was very disappointed. Sure all the movies are violent but in this the blood and shooting is just silly, the way everyone blows up and gets shredded is done in such a way that's unintentionally comedic. And it pretty much has the same short run time as the other Rambo movies but this one felt so damn brief and thin. It's over before you know it so it's completely unsatisfying. But all this isn't even the main problem. It's Rambo himself! I liked all the other movies because he's so bad ass (especially in 2 and 3) but in this he just doesn't have that same value, he's not even likeable.
April 14, 2016
The gratuitous gore really made this one stand out
½ April 14, 2016
100 Times better than the 3rd movie.
The 3rd one isn't even worth owning.
½ March 31, 2016
A gritily real and disturbing (and some say nauseating) dipiction of life under a lawless regime. How does one depict a massacre and thence the aftermath of rescue and revenge without glorifying the violence? Stallone pulls it off brilliantly here.
Accustomised to the brutal world he has chosen to exist in, Rambo is forced to re-evaluate his indifference to his surroundings when some self-righteous American do-gooders invade his privacy. The sharp contrast between his first journey up-river and his second one, with a rag-bag assortment of mercenaries is memorable.
Superb action sequences.
March 30, 2016
I thought this movie was pretty awesome. It held up true to the franchise.
January 29, 2016
An odd move to start an action movie with somber footage of people being decapitated and violently murdered. None of the characters were particularly memorable except the titular one, but there were some exciting, albeit over the top, action sequences.
January 22, 2016
If violent action sequence is your guilty pleasure then watch it, but other than that there is nothing too interesting about the film....
½ January 16, 2016
Originally named "John Rambo", this film is a poetic farewell to Rambo. I'm rating it high, because it does well what it set out to do. Be a big, loud, violent action movie with some heart to it. It tries to tell a story of old man Rambo finding his humanity again... by slaughtering lots and lots of evil men... It's Rambo, that's how it works. This is definitely the goriest Rambo pic, but I feel like it works. It's shot really well. The writing is nice for this kind of movie. You can tell Stallone put a lot of heart into this. This may be my favorite of the Rambo movies. Like Rocky Balboa (2006), this movie follows the same heart as it's original, before all the cash-grab sequels came.
½ January 12, 2016
Not a bad commentary on genocide.
December 31, 2015
Undoubtedly the most banal and unimpressive films featuring the John Rambo character.
December 20, 2015
It's well-made, but it doesn't really bring anything new that wasn't either in Rambo II or Rambo III. There is, however, much more violence, and it is presented in a darker, harder way.
½ December 14, 2015
"Rambo" is a solid and brutal exercise that returns triumphantly to the days when action movies just didn't give a damn. And Stallone returns triumphantly as well, showing that age doesn't matter, only the size of your guns is what matters.
½ November 10, 2015