Rambo (Rambo IV) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rambo (Rambo IV) Reviews

April 30, 2017
Ehhh, generic action film, only thing notable about Rambo IV is that its violence is quite graphic. I guess for someone who just wants to see blood and guts but story and characters are irrelevant then this is a winner. For me it earns a shrug.
½ April 23, 2017
A movie that is neither good nor bad, a solid but completely mindless balls-to-the-wall gorefest with a solid performmance by Sly but nothing else to hook a greater audience.
April 19, 2017
4/19/2017: A pretty good flick. Exactly what I expect and want out of a Rambo movie.
½ March 22, 2017
I enjoyed this one actually, lot of blood and gore though.
March 5, 2017
In a way, this is the best Rambo. In other ways, this is the least necessary and most problematic. Stallone's best non-Rocky performance post Cop Land.
½ January 31, 2017
The first movie was better than this
January 15, 2017
hilarious, apparently claymores are actually atomic bombs so stallone has to outrun the shockwave from it
also the burmese like to throw babies in fires
i screamed oh shit like 10 times in theater because people get mangled so bad and i wasnt prepared
October 26, 2016
Decent Rambo movie, has maybe too much gore. With that said, it is a small story, could have been forgettable, but the movie is really about Rambo and his tortured being. He makes attempts to be normal, to let the past go, but we all know his true calling is as an angel of death. This movie truly shines when he unleashes his fury as only one who has been to hell can. Also, he is freaking huge in this movie, very impressive, he is a beast unleashed!
September 22, 2016
I really enjoyed this entry in the Rambo film series. This is brutally violent and yet still has something to say. The critics hated it, but who cares? Stallone did an amazing job making this movie and it is worth seeing.
September 18, 2016
I wasn't expecting much out of a new Rambo, but this movie really suprised me! It actually ended up being one of my favorite Rambo movies of the series. Great soundtrack, great action and a great storyline about a warrior who wants to ignore the killing of innocents until he realizes he either lives for something or dies for nothing.
jamrcla
July 20, 2016
Another Stallone classic, What a comeback for Rambo, I loved it, It's very bloody and some brilliant action scenes a must watch for any action lover, It has to be one of the most violent and realistic action films ever, It was done very well.
½ July 9, 2016
I thought this was a complete new reboot of the Rambo franchise, but no, I was wrong. And I actually liked the idea that it takes place around 20 years after the first 3 films, and you can really see it, Stallone is still great as Rambo, but maybe a little older. The action sequences are very good, but extremely bloody, even compaired to the earlier Rambo movies. But it's still a entertaining chaotic Rambo film, one to see for any action/war lover. Recommended !!
½ July 8, 2016
I pulled this out of my brother's collection expecting to see the original First Blood sequel. I was disappointed to find that not only had somebody decided to revisit Rambo, but that they decided to do so fairly recently. But it was okay. Sylvester Stallone was basically as big as a house. I have no idea if that was prosthetics or if he actually pumped iron and engulfed calories on a daily basis to get to that size. The film wastes very little time. It's all done very closely in the spirit of the old trilogy. Some things make very little sense, which sucks because the old Rambo films had some decent-enough premise. The choices made by the characters in this newer film just beg for suspension of disbelief. But there's very little to do for that -- some missionaries want to go deep into a very hostile jungle in Myanmar. They claim to be prepared for the worst, and that they've done this half a dozen times. None of this actually seems to be true, so why would they make the claim? The film goes on to get pretty well tawdry and gory, but we expect that out of a film that's fighting hard to live up to the "glory" of the single most iconic and recognizable 80's action movie. Ultimately, Rambo doesn't disappoint. 3.5/5
½ June 26, 2016
The best one since First Blood
June 14, 2016
Serves as a guilty pleasure film even though it is extremely violent and seems fine for what it is in its own franchise. B.
June 5, 2016
A underrated action sequel.
½ June 5, 2016
Sylvester Stallone proves himself able to change with the times, offering up a marvelously modern and shockingly graphic "Rambo" for the younger generation that blows every other action movie out of the water.
½ May 4, 2016
Surprisingly the worst in the franchise. I was very disappointed. Sure all the movies are violent but in this the blood and shooting is just silly, the way everyone blows up and gets shredded is done in such a way that's unintentionally comedic. And it pretty much has the same short run time as the other Rambo movies but this one felt so damn brief and thin. It's over before you know it so it's completely unsatisfying. But all this isn't even the main problem. It's Rambo himself! I liked all the other movies because he's so bad ass (especially in 2 and 3) but in this he just doesn't have that same value, he's not even likeable.
April 14, 2016
The gratuitous gore really made this one stand out
½ March 31, 2016
A gritily real and disturbing (and some say nauseating) dipiction of life under a lawless regime. How does one depict a massacre and thence the aftermath of rescue and revenge without glorifying the violence? Stallone pulls it off brilliantly here.
Accustomised to the brutal world he has chosen to exist in, Rambo is forced to re-evaluate his indifference to his surroundings when some self-righteous American do-gooders invade his privacy. The sharp contrast between his first journey up-river and his second one, with a rag-bag assortment of mercenaries is memorable.
Superb action sequences.