Rambo (Rambo IV) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rambo (Rambo IV) Reviews

May 24, 2018
This was not a very good movie in my opinion. Coming from a die heart rambo fan, this was a HUGE let down. My biggest problemishes with this movie is and I know this sounds stupid, but hear me out. This movie was just WAYYYYY to violent! Now I know it's rated R, but come on! I mean for crying out loud there was a rape party scene! I say again a rape party scene! Also child molestation I mean really?! That has absolutely NO place in a movie! Now I get it, it's one of those movies that doesn't tip toe around the darkside of humans, lots of movies do that and do it better, way, way, way better. The part that really ruins this movie for me is and I don't remember if this is only in the director's, but I think it's in the original movie as well, trust me it's been awhile since I've seen this movie, and for good reason. Anyway during the opening credit's of the movie they show REAL and I mean REAL footage of REAL people being KILLED! And I'm not kidding REAL, ACTUAL, LIVING, BREATHING, PEOPLE BEING KILLED! Also Rambo's hardly in the movie, most of the time we only see that elite group or whatever they were. Kinda funny that the movie's called RAMBO yet he's barely in the movie! To make matters worse the plot is SO stupid! I mean really it's the 4th movie in the franchise and Rambo's mission is to save some Christian group from Burmese soldiers and that's it! One other thing I would like to point out and this part really bugs me too. In the scene where the Burmese soldiers are attacking the village where that Christian group is, the Burmese soldiers pick up KIDS and throw them it to fires! And you see it too! All of it! It was disgusting! So in conclusion, you wanna see this movie, take my advice, go on YouTube and watch the end scene where Rambo is on a big machine gun killing bad guys, that's the only part of this movie worth a darn, with the exception of the end credits where Rambo goes back to his home in Arizona, that was pretty cool. So once again you wanna watch this movie? Just watch the end scene on YouTube other than that, NEVER WATCH THIS MOVIE! EVER!!! Thank you and have a great day!
May 16, 2018
Savagely violent at times but an entertaining return for the Hollywood icon. Stallone proves yet again that there is more gas in the tank. The violence in this film is spectacularly over the top at times but, is also a little too gruesome...easily the most violent out of the franchise and a welcome return. If you grew up with Rambo you will be more than happy with his return!
The story and plot are a little uneven as Stallone opts for a lot of back and forth and pondering. It would have been better as a white knuckle ride without the slow build. The other 2 sequels worked because they got him on a mission early and got all the boring stuff out of the way early.

As a fan of the franchise the ending was what tipped this movie for me, seeing Rambo walking down the road to his home was a nice little touch. It was a fitting end to an iconic Action series that has been deeply embedded in the pop culture for over 3 decades.
April 20, 2018
Fantastic movie that blows the others out of the water. Stallone was fantastic and I couldn't believe how dark and real everything felt. Stallone is a legend
April 15, 2018
Criminally underrated movie. Rambo people.
March 20, 2018
It's like The Expendables, but without the humor or ensemble cast.
March 5, 2018
Hands down what an action movie should be.
January 31, 2018
If you didn't have hulking testicles before watching Rambo (2008) you will afterwards.
January 9, 2018
Hell yes! This is a good movie!!! Rambo as we like to see!
½ January 6, 2018
Boring, disgusting, and awkwardly directed, Rambo is not good at all.
½ January 4, 2018
What can we say about Sylvester Stallone he is back and better than ever. This has to be one of the best Rambo in the series. Great action from start to finish, and great special effects. Love every element that this movie had and Sylvester Stallone proves why he is the king of action movies. So for this being a great action movie, and deliver 80s action with some modern action and twists, I give " Rambo " a A-.
½ November 22, 2017
Where as in First Blood the body count is very small, here there are bodies being garotted and blown away left and right. It all becomes very cartoony looking and makes an otherwise decent movie seem a bit silly at the end. Still, not a movie to be simply dismissed as it is well made and does keep your attention.
November 20, 2017
Love all the Rambo films...
November 17, 2017
This was the most intense action film ever. RAMBO is one of the best action pack film in the franchise and the most bloody and intense one ever but you know what I love it. Awesome film and Rambo is still the legend of action heroes.
October 1, 2017
You know I actually thought this film was just going to be another bust! However, I was pleasantly surprised. Terrific job Sly, five stars hands down.

Romans 10:9 (King James Version)
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
August 22, 2017
This film takes an interesting and investing character like John Rambo and immediately makes him unlikable, unrelatable, and, really, a jerk. The film is excessively and graphically violent for no good reason. A huge dissapointment, especially as a fan of the first three. And can someone please tell me what this movies title is?! Is it Rambo, Rambo IV, or John Rambo??
½ August 7, 2017
Not a bad film but ultimately pointless as well. Certainly the darkest of all Rambo movies. Story and script let the film down. The direction fron Stallone pretty good and battle scenes shot with brutality competence.
½ June 22, 2017
As far as pure action entertainment goes, it's hard to top Rambo in which the script is mindless, the acting minimal and the content rewardless but it is just too much adrenaline-fueled fun to dismiss.
April 30, 2017
Ehhh, generic action film, only thing notable about Rambo IV is that its violence is quite graphic. I guess for someone who just wants to see blood and guts but story and characters are irrelevant then this is a winner. For me it earns a shrug.
½ April 23, 2017
A movie that is neither good nor bad, a solid but completely mindless balls-to-the-wall gorefest with a solid performmance by Sly but nothing else to hook a greater audience.
April 19, 2017
4/19/2017: A pretty good flick. Exactly what I expect and want out of a Rambo movie.