John Wick Reviews

• Jun 07, 2021

Any movie with Willem Dafoe is a certified. Just Chapter 1 of John Wick is slightly over the average.

• Jun 05, 2021

86 and 81 REEEAAALLYYY???

86 and 81 REEEAAALLYYY???

• Jun 03, 2021

6/10. The reason for the revenge didn't work for me

6/10. The reason for the revenge didn't work for me

• May 29, 2021

I LOVED this movie for the most part ... I always do like the "REVENGE" type movies and this is certainly one of those ... Lots of Action , and blood letting as bullets fly everywhere 'n MORE ....

• May 23, 2021

John Wick one of the best movies I saw the first 15 minutes of the movie is sad and it makes sense what happened the acting is great I have not seen any matrix movies but Keanu Reeves is great as the character of John Wick oh yeah that night club sequence is so good Viggo Is an interesting villain in this movie So all-round John Wick Is a fun action movie with an interesting villain So I am gonna Give John Wick An A

• May 22, 2021

can't get into it...need a better plot, storyline and overall acting. Keanu alone can never carry a movie; point break...he had swayze. matrix he had fishbourne. and so on.

• May 20, 2021

The movie is great, Keanu Reeves does a great job, while the action may get a little repetitive, the plot is not bad at all, William Dafoe also does a good job, and the continental scenes are truly great.

• May 20, 2021

This movie was a game changer. Keanu Reeves as the famed assassin seeking retirement and obscurity whose encounter with the son of a Russian mobster changes everything. Reeves, as the dog loving and deadly hit man, is phenomenal. This movie was the first of a trend towards understanding that action and story can both be first rate in a movie. One doesn't need to take a back seat to the other. The cinematography is great. The action is amazing. The gun play is epic. The cast and the eye into this dark world is intriguing. You can not watch this one and NOT want to immediately watch the rest of the series.

• May 19, 2021

JOHN WICK! You will remember that name! Ever since The Matrix left the theaters, people have been wondering if Keanu Reeves would make his return to the action world. After Man of Tai Chi came out last year people were wondering if the man in the black jacket was truly back, well I just came from seeing John Wick and to steal a line from the movie, "ya, I'm thinkin' he's back!" You want the story, I'll spin it for you quick. It's been said that you don't mess with a man's car or his dog, well apparently, nobody told that to a young group of Russian mobsters who do so to the grief stricken John Wick. What the mobsters don't know is that although poor John might look like a scruffy nobody, he's actually a badass ex-assassin and his retribution is BA-HA-RUTAL! This is an action movie! like a REAL action movie! Not like those modern soldier/spy action movies. This is a straight up high octane muscle busting John Woo style shoot-em-up action movie! My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE kind of movie! It looks like Keanu is a little miffed that he wasn't called to be part of The Expendables team and in retaliation he made a badass movie of his own! The film is directed by stunt choreographers David Leitch and Chad Stahelski who, believe it or not, used to be stand-ins for Keanu Reeves and Hugo Weaving on The Matrix. Those two really know what they're doing because the cinematography in John Wick is clear, well shot and beautifully pieced together and the action is fluid, quick, incredibly violent but undeniably stylish and over the top which really makes it a lot of fun to watch. Plus, it exists in this interesting world of hitmen and secret clubs and unspoken code that really pulls you in and makes you want to see more of what's REALLY going on behind the scenes. This is helped a lot by the movie's incredible cast which includes Willem Dafoe, Ian McShane, John Leguizamo, Lance Reddick and the mayhem guy from the Allstate commercials. It's the most fun I've had watching a "one man one way" movie in a good long while and if you're a fan of movies like Equilibrium or Hard Boiled or really any John Woo film at all, you'll love this! Have a dude's night with the guys you used to watched Jet Li, Steven Segal and Chow Yun-Fat movies with and SEE THIS MOVIE! John Wick gets a 4.5...out of 5.

• May 16, 2021

Despite non-stop violence, the neo-noir is good.

Despite non-stop violence, the neo-noir is good.