Joyful Noise - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Joyful Noise Reviews

½ June 6, 2016
Really good movie. Great cast with great voices.
½ March 9, 2016
What a great cast. Keke Palmer was sensational as ever! This is a must-see for anyone who loves comedy with a side of Keke, Dolly and Queen Latifah!!
December 24, 2015
Just watched this movie. Quite a good movie with loads of talent in it. Suffered just a little from being slow moving, but overall 4 stars. Worth taking the time to watch-good holiday style movie. B+
½ December 20, 2015
I don't know.....it was just kind of meh.... I honestly was bored and started cleaning the house half way through it. Just not that interesting to be honest.
December 10, 2015
I cant believe I watched this made for tv churchy movie
August 18, 2015
I liked this movie it's predictable but easy to watch.
August 13, 2015
Wonderful cast..,typical
July 10, 2015
Really good movie liked it a lot. Queen Latifah was very good
½ June 8, 2015
On the surface, it looks like unmemorable melodrama, but it's quite moving.
½ May 26, 2015
Jeremy Jordan is amazing in this! Loved it
December 8, 2014
Slow start but great movie!
November 15, 2014
Sorry, just not that into Queen Latifah.
October 10, 2014
Utterly camp and wonderfully brilliant- the queens that are Latifah and Parton rock it from start to finish!
The storyline with Randy and Walter is beautifully undersold and heartwarming, there's a love story too and a very realistic insight into church politics. It goes without saying that the soundtrack is fantastic. If I could give it 6/5 I would.
½ September 19, 2014
Not as bad as expected, but still falls a little flat.
September 19, 2014
A breaking, foot-tapping musical that put a choir between the meeting of "High School Musical" and "Fame." (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording)
August 19, 2014
So uplifting ! Dolly should have a bigger part though love it fair bit of humour too !
½ August 1, 2014
Gospel music trying WAY too hard to be cool.

Not much to say about this one. It's about a gospel choir where the young new guy brings some "hip"
new style to the old-fashioned choir. So yeah, not much new here, except maybe offending a few Christians in the process with a scene involving the young guy cursing in church.
The songs ranch from good to pointless (there's whole one song where the only words are "fix me" again and again) to god awful (those climax songs).

I want to forget this movie exists.

3/10 Awful
½ July 27, 2014
A pretty good and uplifting movie about following your dreams and has pretty good music.