Judge Dredd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Judge Dredd Reviews

November 19, 2017
lol i like it, i know i shouldnt. but i do
November 13, 2017
THE LAWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 28, 2017
The action is fun, and the visual aesthetic is kinda cool, but Judge Dredd is a failed middle ground between serious action and parody. Sylvester Stallone gives one of his worst performances, and Diane Lane gives the only good performance in the movie. The story is boring and convoluted, the CGI looks fake, and the film as a whole is just okay.
½ September 6, 2017
If i was scaling on awesomeness id go 5.
August 30, 2017
As a child this movie was awesome as an adult it still is!!!
½ August 13, 2017
First things first, I saw the reboot version that just came out before seeing this movie and finally I can compare and the new darker version won but the costumes in this movie is better than the new reboot version because it looks like a kids toy and I want to buy it now. Ok, 80s movie starring Sylvester Stallone and Rob snider or however you spell his God dang last name, it's impossible. For me, this felt like a kids movie, the style of this movie where the superhero saves the day, I know it's a comic and it feels like it, it's trying to be the comic unlike the new version which I like better than the new reboot. Good kids movie but it's rated r, it shouldn't have been.
August 8, 2017
A missed opportunity to create a fresh series of movies. Stallone could of been great in the lead but neither he or the script is worth the time. the only redeeming aspect is the creation of the angel family. poorly filmed and ultimately a failed film that deserved more focus. I just watched this again and dropped it to a 1 star, this film does a huge disservice to the comic character of the same name. I still Stallone could have been great in the lead but you can tell his ego got in the way of this film, true Hollywood lead actor ego. The tone is a giant mess and the casting of Schneider tells you how misplaced the tone was. They attempted a buddy sci fi action film with one of comics greatest lone wolfs. The film is terrible in comparison to the remake that went criminally unseen by everyone. Stallone needed to keep that helmet on and respect the source material because this film had the chance to be something great. The love story, villains and uninteresting plot twists should have been saved for a sequel after establishing the lore of the concept. You won't be interested with the plotline because neither were the filmmakers. This is just another property demanding more films. 08-08-2017.
July 15, 2017
This movie could have and should have been much better.
June 26, 2017
Fun action sci fi flick. Very 90s action movie.
½ June 9, 2017
I am the movie law! Judge Dredd opens with a text crawl narrated by none other than James Earl Jones, followed by Fergee (Rob Schnieder) being released back into a deplorable society after serving a prison sentence for hacking. When he arrives in his new living quarters, he?s greeted by a firing squad who partake in a riot, and results in him hiding a food recycler that perfectly showcases how stretched resources are in this society. To deal with the riots, street judges, which are cops, judges, juries, and when they decide, executioner, and it is here we meet our lead: Judge Joe Dredd (Sylvester Stallone), along with other judges Hershey (Diane Lane) and a few others, who wait for backup that comes in the form of Dredd. Long story short, he stops the riot, and even figures out that Fergee hid in the food recycling machine, sentencing him to jail right there, despite explanations that he wasn?t hacking the machine. What follows is Dredd being forced by Chief Justice Fargo (Max Von Sydow) to train cadets two days a week, and after a frame-up, Judge Dredd is sentenced to prison, where he reunites with Fergee on the transport, and escapes when a group of wackos living outside the mega city shoot it down, and what follows after that is them working together to get back to Mega City 1. It?s short and sweet at less than a hundred minutes, and is clear from beginning to end what?s going on and why Dredd does what he does. He?s developed as a hardcore follower of the law who realizes that the man made law he?s enforcing may not be perfect, as emphasized by Fergee, the eyes and ears of the audience, which helps me transition into my next point: the social commentary. This is obviously a commentary on crime and the criminal justice system, which is timely when you recall the crimewave of the early 1990s, which may have been an influence on this movie. They do a really good job at being subtle on that and focusing on Dredd and Fergee?s journey home. My only complaint would have to be the dated visual effects that give the Star Wars Prequel CGI a run for their money. There were a few obviously fake green-screens and there was a certain level of fakeness I couldn?t get out of my head with the CGI. Otherwise, everything there enforced the dystopia and the message of what happens when government overreaches. Alan Silvestri soundtrack conveys the appropriate emotions, and feels appropriate in the dystopian setting, though a little more techno would have helped. Judge Dredd, the character and the movie, lack a sense of humor, but it?s ok for the tone, and there are a few laugh-worthy lines here and there, with surprisingly clean language for an R-rated movie. The themes and occasional blood may be the reason for it, but that?s just me, because like the legal system in this movie, the MPAA is difficult to understand.
½ May 22, 2017
Man that's a hot fuzz one! Anything with mister Sly goes for me so i'm not going to be really fair on this one! It's not the best film ever but i like it and think it's a fun entertainment!
½ April 7, 2017
Watch the 2012 version of Dredd instead not this version.
March 20, 2017
It's silly, but it's fun. Stallone's warble is always entertaining when he barks out "I am the lwawr!"
½ March 12, 2017
Having seen the new version some years ago, I figured it was time to check out the first one from the 90's. Yeah, it's not all that good, but who cares, you're watching a 90's action flick. Eat some popcorn and relax.
½ February 10, 2017
Sylvester Stallone stars in the futuristic sci-fi action film Judge Dredd. Large concentrations of population and the lack of food and resources have resulted in large densities of crime. A new program has resulted in human soldiers that have the ability to be judge jury and executioner. Judge Dredd is one of the best in his field, but at times his judgement is in question as he seems to want to kill first and ask questions later.

A council of individuals determine the law, trains new cadets to be justice, but even the head of the council wonders if the program they have created is truly the best for the people. The program's sense of justice is in question, but to make matters worse Judge Dredd is framed for murder. His friend Judge Hershey (Diane Lane) tries to defend him, but the evidence is overwhelming which includes a DNA sample. Dredd is sentenced to life in prison and is transported with Fergie (Rob Schneider) a prisoner he sentenced not too long ago. The two work together to clear Dredd's name and return things to order. He is up against his brother (Armand Assante) and violent mechanic robot.

Judge Dredd is a pretty typical blockbuster action film from the 90s. The film is not without campy and cheesy moments. Schneider tries his best to offer the comedic relief in the film. Stallone gives his usual performance. The film does not have many thrilling action sequences, but does a good job with sets to give the movie a futuristic feel. Dredd is pretty much what you would expect and that was not much.

-2.10.2017
January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 16, 2017
Dredd is campy fun but also ridiculous. Diane Lane and Stallone are good, but Rob Schneider is unbearable.
½ December 17, 2016
Gotta love the bad Stallone films. This is definitely up there! "I am the law!" "I knew you'd say that" and Rob Schneider! This movie is very terribly bad but so fun to watch and laugh at :-)
December 6, 2016
Rob Schneider is... a dystopian future hacker Judge sidekick!
December 2, 2016
Stupid fun, with an emphasis on stupid.