Judge Dredd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Judge Dredd Reviews

December 6, 2016
Rob Schneider is... a dystopian future hacker Judge sidekick!
December 2, 2016
Stupid fun, with an emphasis on stupid.
November 27, 2016
Corny, over-the-top fun. Most likely to be a guilty pleasure.
November 5, 2016
I found this movie more accessible and engaging than the 2012 movie, but that's not too surprising since 90's scifi is what I grew up wit so all the tropes and level of quality in this movie is familiar. It was also a nice change from the modern dystopia in which this movie presents a struggle between those of power so when there's the option to try a different way,the possibly fallible system remains because it's what the people in power know best
August 3, 2016
For what this film is and where it fit in the 90s.. it was a great flick. Loved the young diane lane and stallone at his peak. Just good times
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Not as bad as people make it out to be, A weird story but quite entertaining, Corny in places but a pretty decent action movie.
May 27, 2016
Judge Dredd fails on every technical aspect of conceptual depth and coherent storytelling, but its generic special effects, campy action, over-the-top acting, and unintentional hilarity makes it worth watching as a guilty pleasure.
½ April 13, 2016
Why did they include Schneider as a comic relief is still beyond me. Judge Dredd is a horrendous adaptation to the infamous comic strip series, starring Sylvester Stallone as the titular character who is being framed for a crime he didn't commit. The futuristic element was not very well expressed in the film, the action sequences were quite bland. May be enjoyed by fans interested in the comic book genre but others might find it somewhat sub par.
March 20, 2016
'Judge Dredd' is an infinitely entertaining campy mess. This cliche-ridden, overblown, unintentionally funny pulp-fest is tons of fun for all the wrong reasons. I love it.
January 31, 2016
not a terrible stallon film really enjoy watching it.
December 16, 2015
Not as terrible as people like to pretend. There are some really impressive effects (especially for the day) at play. Granted, it's nowhere near as good as the super gritty reboot, but it's still fairly fun. The comedic sidekick is totally unnecessary though.
November 15, 2015
Over-the-top, goofy, and filled with eye-popping action, Judge Dredd is everything that a classic Stallone movie is supposed to be. Is it stupid? Yes! Is it fun and enjoyable? Absolutely! If your looking for an up beat feel good action film filled with corny (but memorable) one-liners, silly (yet stylish) action, and a somewhat interesting storyline, then Judge Dredd is the movie for you. I like it for what it is. It's a fun and enjoyable ride.
October 9, 2015
This is the true Dredd.
October 5, 2015
The worst I can say about this abrasive and loud sci-fi is that Rob Schneider is not the worst thing in it (and he tries to be ... as usual). Only for teenage boys.
September 12, 2015
Amusing self parody of action thriller parable of police state excused by anarchy.
August 21, 2015
I hate to say it but the best part of this movie is Rob Schneider. After reviewing it I realized that the plot is almost exactly the same as Demolition Man. Again, the best part of that on was Rob Schneider.
August 13, 2015
This movie is mindless fun. It isn't deep, it isn't introspective and it isn't emotional. I enjoyed it for what it was, a simple action movie.
August 1, 2015
The acting is simply laughable all around the board starting with Rob Schneider. the action is mediocre at Best. If you want a good Judge Dredd film check out the 2012 film, Dredd. better than this in every facet of the word.
½ June 29, 2015
srsly? stupid acting stupid script and stupid jokes. I like that ABC robot
½ June 10, 2015
Totally destroyed the mythos and genre of Judge Dredd. Campy, overacted, and blatantly defiant of the source material.