The Jungle Book 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Jungle Book 2 Reviews

May 2, 2017
The jungle book is back and we have new characters in this movie! Plus we have new actors and actresses And it's still a funny movie I liked it more then the first one! Mowgli was in the man Village but wants to go back in the jungle and so he dose he meets up with Ballou and shanti is trying to find mowgli and so she finds him and Ballou as well! See what they are up to! I'm for this movie!!
March 9, 2017
It's fine... obviously nothing compared to the original classic, but if it has to exist, this is not as bad as it could be.
February 12, 2017
Anyhow, The Jungle Book (1967), the sequel that does not depend in any way itself to the original masterpiece. The plot is quite new, but it is not as good as the previous part. The film has a somewhat modern atmosphere, even though it is the way Disney cartoon.
That, too, tradition has gone to ruin, even though the picture is sharper, it is the older Disney cartoons still more charm. This must therefore miss those watching Walt Disney's masterpieces. They may not be made with a snappy computer animation, or the picture does not look as sharp as the 2000s animation, is The Jungle book charm of sorts classics, and may be admired to this day. Again, this is an absolute classic gone to ruin the extension piece, which does not reach the same level.
December 12, 2016
This movie felt very forced and unnecessary. Many of the same characters are just doing the same things they did in the original.
December 10, 2016
2nd Worst Disney sequel ever!
½ November 26, 2016
This sequel just stinks, just like peter pan 2 and the lion king 2.
November 9, 2016
Jungle book is back!!! A great SQL for this movie!! It's a Disney classic that kids will enjoy!! With great music!!! It's a good kids movie!!! If you like funny movies it could be a movie for you to see. I know for me this movie was great and made me laugh a lot!! What a good Disney classic to see!!!
October 26, 2016
No one watch Disney direct to video sequel!
August 11, 2016
The Jungle Book 2 to me is okay, to me it's basically like the original since I wasn't a big fan in the first place.
½ April 12, 2016
Well, if there was going to be any way of stripping down the original classic to the bare bones, it is definitely the 2003 sequel "The Jungle Book 2." Picking up exactly where the original leaves off, we see Mowgli with his new family of humans, while he still misses his jungle life. As he is not allowed back there, he figures out a way, resetting the plot from it's predecessor. Singing "Bare Necessities," having Sheer Khan after him once again, and re-creating some of the iconic scenes from the original, I truly do not know what the studio was thinking. This would have worked as a dumb rehash for the Disney Channel, but it actually received a theatrical release. "The Jungle Book 2" is the exact definition of why some sequels do not ever need to be made.

This was at the time when Pixar and Disney's Animated Studios were making great films, so the fact that this was widely released is baffling to me. When the film begins and the viewers spend time in this town right outside the jungle, it is interesting for about 10 minutes, which means those few minutes could have even been a Disney short to show what Mowgli was up to after the events of the original. The writers must have known it would feel like nothing it happening, so they pretty much placed his siblings in the same danger with him along the way, which was very annoying. This was a cheap ploy to make average moviegoers blind to the fact that it was an absolute rehash.

If Mowgli returned to help save one of his friends from imminent danger or had lost one of his siblings in the jungle, that would have made for a much more interesting story. Honestly, any story would have been more original than this. If you had a checklist of story points from the first, I would say about 90% would be checked off again here. To add to that, the addition of John Goodman as Baloo should have been terrific, but when everyone else is fairly unknown while he is such a well-known actor, it became slightly distracting. In the end, there really is not much to say about this film, because it is the exact same as the first, even down to singing the same songs.

I am not normally so harsh on films, but this is just a lazy Disney film that should not have been released. The animation is improved upon and the voice acting is much clearer, making for a cleaner film, but that is not really saying much, seeing as they waited almost 40 years to make this film. This is one of the most disappointing follow-ups that Disney has ever done (to a classic). I can never imagine myself recommending this film, even to fans of the first. So much wasted potential.
½ March 27, 2016
Parte de la camada de secuelas a los clásicos Disney que se realizaron a comienzos de milenio. Es buena, lejos esta de ser una mala película y en muchos aspectos, a pesar de tantos años de diferencia hace buen homenaje a la primera. Sin embargo el decir "es mejor que la primera por..... por que los dibujos...." señores NO ES MEJOR QUE LA PRIMERA, en nada, es buena sí, y un bonito homenaje, pero no mejor, y el mejor homenaje que le puede hacer a ese gran clásico es no competir con él.
October 9, 2015
Sequel to 1960's Disney classic is fun, darker, and more upbeat.
April 22, 2015
My opinion? I could not bear watching this film! Shanti (10) was unnecessary and her brother Ranjan (3) isn't much better. He is a little obsessive about tigers, I know he's just a toddler but he's quite the fighting machine. I also don't care much for Shanti and Ranjan's parents, they later adopt Mowgli and I think it would've been a little better if they had been far from doting on Ranjan. But why is Mowgli still in his underwear? Even Ranjan has adopted bad habits from him. Why would he go to that crazy family and choose to visit the jungle every now and then? This is pointless and ruins the whole point of the jungle book.

This had a lot of potential wasted even though it was better off being something new.

this movie is about Mowgli and his new girlfriend as they flirt with each other, fight and look at each other with fluttering eyes. The voice actors don't live up to the originals, I don't think either one of them do, part of the reason was because this is a new updated version so there's new animation and better sounds. I think they did a pretty good job but all the voice actors should've just stuck to the roles we knew them in. Mae Whitman is the only one that had an unfitting voice for Shanti as expected with her now annoying voice. Lucky is the most annoying character in the film. The gang go out to fight Shere Khan again and win.

Now the animation is pretty good but the character design and some of it feel awkward. Like Mowgli isn't cute anymore, nor is Ranjan cute at times. What's worse is Shanti is fleshed out and now becoming the main character.

The characters are different, Mowgli is now a nicer character, Baloo is selfish and then we got the march of the elephants scene while Baloo is passing through the jungle. The Bear Necesseties is rehased a few times throughout the film. The songs in the film were quite good, though. It was predictable.

The story is Mowgli misses his life in the jungle and wants to go back to it.

May appeal to a younger audience but for me, I can't stand it.
December 29, 2014
Good movie super cute.
December 8, 2014
Sequel looks too dumb to watch.
½ September 27, 2014
enjoyable sequel, maybe not as great as the original, but, still worthy of enjoying with the family
September 19, 2014
Disney's returning classic comes with almost the same heart and the same "bare necessities," but not the same tone, charm nor magic. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
September 9, 2014
It's pretty decent for a Disney sequel but it was unnecessary, forgettable, sugar-coated, reworking and lame. I can see why some people will like it like children and young teenagers but the rest will be better off avoiding it.

Why did this movie get released in theaters? It was a waste of time, it's just a boring movie that rehashes The Jungle Book. It makes it look good. Really, a preteenage girl that has a precociously hyperactive toddler for a brother? What's the point in making this? I can see that adults think it's sad how pointless it is with the character Shanti in there annoying us and everything.
½ August 28, 2014
Rotten to the core...I still don't like the first one, but, this one doesn't help it, it gets worse.