K-12 Reviews

• Apr 14, 2020

Great music and story. The cast was excellent and Melanie did great creating her first film. Hope we get a sequel

• Apr 04, 2020

Incredible production. Best musical film of 2019.

Incredible production. Best musical film of 2019.

• Mar 29, 2020

I love this movie. It confronts a lot of important topics in society and it is super entertaining. Since I first watched it at Christmas I have rewatched it at least 5 times. The old-fashioned pastel theme is so aesthetically pleasing and it helps set the tone of this fantasy world. I love all the songs so the small amount of dialogue doesn't bother me but should be noted. Something that does bother me is that the storyline is a little hard to follow. But that is only because there are so many different topics she wanted to include. All together I really enjoy the movie and recommend it to all my friends when they come over.

• Mar 25, 2020

I'm a huge Melanie Martinez fan. I've been keeping up with her since like, 2016. That did not stop me from thinking this movie was choppy and confusing. The plot was very hard to follow the entire time, and each song introduction felt like separate entities rather than a complete movie. Had potential, was sadly disappointed and left the theater confused what had just happened.

• Mar 19, 2020

One of the best movies Ive seen, recommend for anyone wanting to watch a odd tale full of magic and music. The messages about loving yourself and to being youre most authentic self are truly inspiring.

• Mar 16, 2020

this movie is not like other musicals it's dark it's fun and it's weird and I love the music it amazing some of it doesn't fit into every scene but it's full of amazing visuals and superb sets and just a beautiful aesthetic that sets this film apart from other musicals. The composing in this film really elevates the tension in every scene with a lot of sense that have no score it really stands out when it needs too. ok now I need too talk about something that this film does really bad that acting it's not good it's not bad but it's not good. The cgi in this is good I guess it's better then most tv and internet shows but it's not film level but it doesn't take away from the movie. The songs all of the songs are amazing some are a bit boring and u don't vibe well with them but melanie really brings her all into her music and it's just amazing. It tackles some real and hard things poc, trans people and women go through like being fired for wanting too be yourself but most of this takes a small role in the story besides the sexism. The fantasy elements are really good the powers are done really well and there not the focus of the movie. Concussion It's really good and since it's on youtube for free it's worth a watch it's dark yet in some times angelic and beautiful vibe is unmatched by alot of movies and shows its visuals are amazing not from a cinematography stand point but more like the sets,colors and just vibe it for me parallels one of the most visually pleasing shows dare I say ever euphoria (give that a watch too) which in my opinion has the best cinematography in any film or show for something too come close too that show I really think it's something special. Give this a watch.

• Feb 26, 2020

Heh, me and my friend were hyped when this movie came out on YouTube. I watched the entire film and loved it. The music was nice and the screenplay wasn't too long. However, like other people say. The choreography is not the best but this is her first movie and she had to cut out scenes due to budget issues (hint: the original product would've costed $11 Million!). Otherwise, it's a unique movie

• Feb 13, 2020

This movie is great and you would never expect something as well crafted from a young singer.

• Feb 11, 2020

Confusing and disorganized.

Confusing and disorganized.

• Feb 09, 2020

the film is fine to be the first of Melanie Martínez, but there are some inconsistencies of the film, it deals with very important issues such as bulimia or harassment but they do not give them the time to advance them, but still the film is very good to spend the little while