Kill Bill: Volume 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kill Bill: Volume 1 Reviews

December 3, 2016
Queen Uma Thurman & amazing music.
December 3, 2016
Awesome soundtrack. Violent and fun.
November 21, 2016
Up there in Tarantino's best movies.
November 19, 2016
It's the highly stylized, over the top choreographed violence that makes his film entertaining. Also, Tarantino manages to deftly weave in some clever humor along with a very choice sound track to relieve some of the tedium that tends to build up from the occasionally drawn out action sequences.
November 15, 2016
I Wanna See It But Haven't Had A Chance...
November 2, 2016
The asian elements present plus Tarantino's violence and pop schlock trademark proves to be one of the most iconic films of the decade. The story that focuses on revenge may be too simplistic, but Tarantino's stylish vision as a director and Thurman's saving grace in her yellow outfit is surely an inventive surfeit film!
½ November 2, 2016
Ugh, Tarantino appropriating other cultures to provide over-saturated colour and 'substance' for his self-indulgent violence-bent. The same old actors, brilliant as they are, are caged by the director-producer-writer-control-freak's total lack of imagination and need to use as many other people's (and cultures') ideas as possible, so as to hide the fact that he has absolutely nothing to add to the industry or to humankind in general.
A little too violent.
..,why is it unrated?
October 28, 2016
The House of Blue Leave scene is one of the most amazing fight sequences i've ever seen. This movie is just super cool - a brutal econimical ode to the Asian Samaria Kung Fu movies - but without it getting repetative and boring the way they usually do. I can remember almost screaming with glee when Lucy Liu chopped that guys head off and that ridiculous, continuous blood spray exploded from his neck stump. Volume 2 is wicked as well and The Bride vs. Ele Drive fight is fucking awesome. Can't wait to see what comes of the whole bloody affair.
October 28, 2016
Kick ass movie with lots of fighting and awesome music.
October 28, 2016
This is one of THEE best action movies out there!!!
October 28, 2016
this is so freaking awesome.
½ October 28, 2016
So artsy and it's fun watching Uma kick butt!
October 28, 2016
My fave of the 2 movies. I was basically forced to watch it (my bf Bill made me lol), but then I couldn't wait until Volume 2 came out. Of course they took their time at putting it out. If you like really violent bloody movies, then this one is for u :).
October 28, 2016
Better than the Sequel!!!
½ October 28, 2016
It was not as bad as I was expecting as one who despises Tarantino. However, it is one too many king-fu cliche after another only set in modern times. What is the obsession with Uma Thurman as well?
½ October 28, 2016
Some bad editing after the Bride's escape from prison holds this back from being a perfect five.
Left the theatre so happy.
October 28, 2016
Love the Bruce Lee suit and those kick-ass moves!
½ October 28, 2016
not for me bcuz i got 35 minutes into it and felt like i was gunna pass out.