Kill Bill: Volume 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kill Bill: Volume 1 Reviews

½ March 23, 2018
So before reading this, I consider Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 as one long epic. Quentin Tarantino's first attempt at an R rated blood spectacle went very well. I consider this movie after Pulp Fiction to be Quentin's best work. And the passion he has for directing shows in this awesome long movie. 4 hours of developed story and well choreographed action scenes. Quentin has such a unique style which I like so very much. I don't see why anyone (except for the Romance lovers out there) wouldn't like this movie.
½ March 15, 2018
Kill Bill Vol. 1 is a good movie but has moments that feel out of place.
March 11, 2018
THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING MOVIE EVER INVENTED, I KNOW IT came out about 16 years ago, but I still think people should stand on top of roofs and just scream about how amazing this movie is. if you haven't do yourself a favor by dropping everything right now and running to a television. I wish I was a guy so I could have a boner and physically show how much I love this movie. what are you doing? stop reading this and WATCH IT
½ March 8, 2018
Tarantino's creativity truly shows in this first installment of "Kill Bill." This movie is just pure entertainment and every scene is a lot of fun. It leads up to one of the most satisfying series of fight scenes I've seen in movies period. The over the top violence and the visual style is immensely absorbing and impressive. This movie is more than aware that it is not meant to be realistic yet it has a leading character who is easy to empathize with and root for. It leaves you wanting to watch the second part but also stands on its own very well. For me personally, this film is one of Tarantino's best. It's an entertaining blast from start to finish that is truly unique.
March 3, 2018
What can I say? This movie is awesome. One of my faves.
February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
January 28, 2018
Good news first, Quentin Tarantino fully flexes his directorial skills with creative and inventive shots. Kill Bill is perhaps his most visually striking film, with innovative fight sequences and beautiful scenery. While this may be, there is no denial this Tarantino flick is all style over substance. By all means, I understand the appreciation for Kill Bill, but at the same time, the film completely depends on it's shocking violence. Overall, an OK film, better than most action movies, but just not quite memorable as Tarantino's other classics.
January 16, 2018
The story just made me unreasonable with this movie, someone who has a big grudge against her ex-husband. But, this movie is a movie with full of gore, violence, and action in every scene. Combining with the culture of Japan, the addition of a little thriller that produces a non-linear plot, Kill Bill: Volume 1 is actually a modern action movie that brings us a bloody adventure everywhere. Uma Thurman is a great actress.
December 24, 2017

[Quentin Tarantino]
½ December 23, 2017
Kill Bill: Volume 1 is as goodas a revenge thriller can possibly be. You can just feel that Mr. Tarantino had a blast with this one.
December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original. 7.5

La destreza de Tarantino es notoria en su cuarto film, transformando una trama cliché en una historia magistral que sólo un genio como Quentin puede lograr, personajes singulares y redondeados eficazmente en una
December 16, 2017
A Heavy Deliver By Tarantino, Kill Bill Is An Action Packed, Gory Revenge Flick Than Smartly Drives Stylish Cinematic Sequences Over Narrative Structure Without Losing Charms from Both Sides, All Of This Adding Decent Performances You Get A Tartantino Classic
December 15, 2017
You just gotta love Quentin Tarantino. This movie abducts you from the very beginning and doesn't let you go until you are drained, skinless and surrendered, and ready to watch it all over again. It is inconceivable not to recognize how talented one most be to think outside of the box like this, to dare to do something so drastically different, so risky, and yet so meticulously well done. Bravo.
½ December 6, 2017
A tremendous orgy of violence and style. Some of the great fight scenes from the past 20 years of movies can be found here.
½ November 29, 2017
Bién, está película es; ridícula, grotesca, fantanciosa, extremadamente infantil y me a encantado. Como dije la película es ridícula; pero en el buen sentido, de echo Tarantino es justamente lo que buscaba en hacer esta película, todo un parodia y referencia a las películas de artes marciales y animes de acción. Kill Bill tiene una narrativa muy peculiar en un momento estás viendo una escena de acción y en otro estás viendo un animé y lo logra, realmente lo supieron hacer muy bien, Quentin Tarantino demostró que una trama de venganza puede ser muy buena a diferencia de como dice la crítica en general y por Dios, el soundtrack es una maravilla.
En general recomiendo esta película a todo público menos a personas de estómago débil ya que algo que caracteriza a las películas de este director es el gore.
October 29, 2017
Kill Bill movies: favourites of all time
½ October 24, 2017
Kill Bill: A Tarintino classic with stylish sword action with a unqiuely interesting, and refreshing, story, one that greatly boasts with style and form.
October 7, 2017
One of those "100 movies to watch before you die" type of movies. Just an amazing theatrical experience which was actually topped by its sequel.
October 4, 2017
An entertaining revenge thriller with excellent cinematography, a bad-ass protagonist, cool soundtrack and a LOT of blood.
½ September 19, 2017
With Quentin's wonderful directing, Therman's terrific acting and the interesting and intriguing story. Kill Bill is UNMISSABLE.