Kill Bill: Volume 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kill Bill: Volume 1 Reviews

October 20, 2016
this is Uma Thurman's vehicle! This movie is simply brilliant!
October 20, 2016
I'll watch it someday.
October 15, 2016
Even though Tarantino is known for intertwining genres, this one wasn't one of his best. Not saying that it didn't have its entertaining moments, but Vol. 1 doesn't touch some of the other master works of Tarantino
October 11, 2016
Super awesome action-packed thriller! If you like fighting/gore this is a movie for you.
½ October 10, 2016
Pretty bad film, not much than a gore fest.
October 8, 2016
I consider both Kill Bills to be part of the same film, so I will talk about them as such. Kill Bill is, in my opinion, Tarantino's best film ever, and possibly the best action movie ever. I tend to rarely love action movies, but everything about this one is just flawless. The story is so interesting and so well done, the action and overall cinematography is just gorgeous, and the dialogue is used both sparingly and very effectively. It's a masterpiece.
September 21, 2016
This is good Quentin Tarantino, but not great. I loved the first half up until the part where Uma Thurman's character takes on 100 of Lucy Lui's character's Crazy 88's. Other than that it is very entertaining for the most part he just like I said before gets a little carried away with the big fight sequence with Lucy Lui's clan towards the end. Other than that it's got all the elements every Tarantino fan will love.
½ September 10, 2016
Hard to find better action than what you find right here.
September 8, 2016
Kill Bill is even funnier and as bloody as previous works signed by Q. Tarantino.
September 3, 2016
Quentin Tarantino puts a lot of modern action movie makers to shame! The action in the movie is as breathtaking as it is fun to watch! The dialogue is as great as it is in other Tarantino films, Kill Bill: Vol. 1 is purely an amazing film! A+
August 26, 2016
Kill Bill: Volume 1 is definitely Quentin Tarantino's weirdest film, but that does not mean that is a bad thing.
August 21, 2016
will never turn down watching this movie
August 14, 2016
- I think of Tarantino as making films the same way a craftsman makes a wooden chair. They seem to have a polished feel to them that other movies don't. Where everything works together. Actors, scenery, music, story, easter eggs, quotability, cultishness, cinemetography, balance of methods (suspense, violence, backstory).
- "Hey, baby. How was school?"
- Dat whistle. I think she changed from white to white. What an odd outfit scene.
- Aww, QT. Attention to detail basic ballistics fail.
- Buck's a bit of a douche-canoe.
- I got all fucking day, Big Toe.
- Hattori Hanzo's bar scene is an excellent representation of why I love old Japanese samurai movies.
- It's the "5,6,7,8s". They look like 1950 housewifes trying to use giant logging chainsaws.
- Wühü.
- Well, there goes her arm.
- Well, there goes his eyeball.
- Well, there go both his legs. Aaaand, that's the last of the entire Yakuza.
- That girl with the mace. A kusarigama variant. I've seen it before, and it's (to me) one of the deadliest, most graceful weapons ever devised. It's mesmerizing and confusing by design, uses momentum, and becomes more deadly the more it's used. It's incredibly difficult, and looks like magic when used. It reminds me of Kung Fu done properly, where it looks completely effortless.
- When she wrote her Death List Five, she wrote Bill's name EXACTLY the same as Hanzo-san did in the window of his shop.
August 4, 2016
Probablemente uno de los clásicos modernos del cine de acción.
July 27, 2016
One of Tarantino's best violent and stylish violent revenge films. A+
½ July 27, 2016
Ultra violent and told non-chronologically makes this film a masterpiece of modern cinema.
½ July 26, 2016
Is there anything better than watching a woman go on a killing spree? Classic and a favourite
July 20, 2016
This is one of Quinten Tarintino's best films. It's awesome gory action sequences are some of the best action scenes ever in my opinion. What this movie lacks in storyline it makes up for with aesthetic and action.
July 16, 2016
Revenge is served cold--very cold in this bloody and violent film, though it is to be expected from Tarantino. Nevertheless, for all the movie's excessive blood-splattered mayhem, audiences are rewarded with wicked entertainment.
½ July 14, 2016
Doyan bangert film ini, musik a la Tarantino, sweet revenge, dan cewek berpedang, yummm...