Kill Bill: Volume 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kill Bill: Volume 1 Reviews

January 28, 2018
Good news first, Quentin Tarantino fully flexes his directorial skills with creative and inventive shots. Kill Bill is perhaps his most visually striking film, with innovative fight sequences and beautiful scenery. While this may be, there is no denial this Tarantino flick is all style over substance. By all means, I understand the appreciation for Kill Bill, but at the same time, the film completely depends on it's shocking violence. Overall, an OK film, better than most action movies, but just not quite memorable as Tarantino's other classics.
January 16, 2018
The story just made me unreasonable with this movie, someone who has a big grudge against her ex-husband. But, this movie is a movie with full of gore, violence, and action in every scene. Combining with the culture of Japan, the addition of a little thriller that produces a non-linear plot, Kill Bill: Volume 1 is actually a modern action movie that brings us a bloody adventure everywhere. Uma Thurman is a great actress.
January 6, 2018
(95/100)
So before reading this, I consider Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 as one long epic. Quentin Tarantino's first attempt at an R rated blood spectacle went very well. I consider this movie after Pulp Fiction to be Quentin's best work. And the passion he has for directing shows in this awesome long movie. 4 hours of developed story and well choreographed action scenes. Quentin has such a unique style which I like so very much. I don't see why anyone (except for the Romance lovers out there) wouldn't like this movie.
December 24, 2017
7.8

[Quentin Tarantino]
½ December 23, 2017
Kill Bill: Volume 1 is as goodas a revenge thriller can possibly be. You can just feel that Mr. Tarantino had a blast with this one.
December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original. 7.5

La destreza de Tarantino es notoria en su cuarto film, transformando una trama cliché en una historia magistral que sólo un genio como Quentin puede lograr, personajes singulares y redondeados eficazmente en una
December 16, 2017
A Heavy Deliver By Tarantino, Kill Bill Is An Action Packed, Gory Revenge Flick Than Smartly Drives Stylish Cinematic Sequences Over Narrative Structure Without Losing Charms from Both Sides, All Of This Adding Decent Performances You Get A Tartantino Classic
December 15, 2017
You just gotta love Quentin Tarantino. This movie abducts you from the very beginning and doesn't let you go until you are drained, skinless and surrendered, and ready to watch it all over again. It is inconceivable not to recognize how talented one most be to think outside of the box like this, to dare to do something so drastically different, so risky, and yet so meticulously well done. Bravo.
½ December 6, 2017
A tremendous orgy of violence and style. Some of the great fight scenes from the past 20 years of movies can be found here.
½ November 29, 2017
Bién, está película es; ridícula, grotesca, fantanciosa, extremadamente infantil y me a encantado. Como dije la película es ridícula; pero en el buen sentido, de echo Tarantino es justamente lo que buscaba en hacer esta película, todo un parodia y referencia a las películas de artes marciales y animes de acción. Kill Bill tiene una narrativa muy peculiar en un momento estás viendo una escena de acción y en otro estás viendo un animé y lo logra, realmente lo supieron hacer muy bien, Quentin Tarantino demostró que una trama de venganza puede ser muy buena a diferencia de como dice la crítica en general y por Dios, el soundtrack es una maravilla.
En general recomiendo esta película a todo público menos a personas de estómago débil ya que algo que caracteriza a las películas de este director es el gore.
October 29, 2017
Kill Bill movies: favourites of all time
½ October 24, 2017
Kill Bill: A Tarintino classic with stylish sword action with a unqiuely interesting, and refreshing, story, one that greatly boasts with style and form.
October 7, 2017
One of those "100 movies to watch before you die" type of movies. Just an amazing theatrical experience which was actually topped by its sequel.
October 4, 2017
An entertaining revenge thriller with excellent cinematography, a bad-ass protagonist, cool soundtrack and a LOT of blood.
½ September 19, 2017
With Quentin's wonderful directing, Therman's terrific acting and the interesting and intriguing story. Kill Bill is UNMISSABLE.
September 16, 2017
This is Tarantino's second best and most memorable film, after the fabulous Pulp Fiction (1994). It contains all the elements to make a good old, stylish, Tarantino movie : the script is unique and really well written and the style that this film has is incredible. The acting is also very good and there's an insane shit tone of gore. And, it's probably the best revenge movie I've ever seen. Recommended !!
September 10, 2017
Not just an incredibly comedic action experience, but a well crafted vengeful incision that compliments the Shaw Brothers classical Martial Arts films of its kind. The cinematography is well laid out by Robert Richardson whom did the picture work for Inglorious Bastards, The Aviator and Shutter Island, the action sequences are hilariously intense and the plot is just what you would expect out of a 70's Martial Arts flick.

The Japanese school girl whom nearly stole Uma Thurman's show (Chiaki Kuriyama) gave a performance a New York audience would clap to giving her praise for the hard work she imposed as the hardcore "Go Go Yubari" role that would skyrocket her to Japanese fame.

This movie gives you the action you want and the suspense you're looking for without taking it too seriously. A perfect mark of respect for the films that use to be the ones most would spend a Sunday afternoon watching.
September 4, 2017
Some schmuck takes a comic book, doesn't make any effort to adapt it to film, and mashes it with a ninja movie that isn't even middling for the genre, and everyone loves it just because it's Quentin Tarantino?

The opening is good (enough, expecting some over-the-top antics from Tarantino), and it remains pretty compelling through the flash-back to the hospital, her escape, the journey to Okinawa and receiving the sword from the legendary sword-maker-guy. Dramatic tension actually builds as she races through Tokyo and stakes out the club. Then begins the downhill slide.

From the first ridiculously silly shower-spray of blood from a severed limb, we get a descent from bad to worse. As much as I wanted to see her kill Lucy Liu and "Bill" (if she ever gets to him), it just wasn't worth sitting through another 20 minutes of Hanna Barbera cartoon crap. There are very few movies that I've been unable to stick out until the end, but this definitely was one of them.

One star is generous. Every critic who didn't rip this garbage apart should be ashamed.
September 3, 2017
Tarantino's ode to Japanese cinema is a goddamn masterpiece
September 2, 2017
(5.0 out of 6)

What makes an instrument of death is knowing what is right and wrong in whom to kill, that gives us the strength to overcome our enemies we seek to judge. What gives us the strength doesn't come from what you see from the outside but the inside that makes us worthy to hold the finest sword, when it's not the sword that makes it instrument of death but the warrior that accepts their peace, honour and journey from onward here.