Kiss of the Dragon Reviews

• May 10, 2019

And once again the fan score is a better indicator than the critics' score. Totally enjoyed this movie. This is one of the better martial arts action flicks ever made. Jet Li is amazing, as usual. The bad guy is evil incarnate, and Bridget Fonda provides a nice touch of humanism to the action. Think of James Bond meeting Bruce Lee with the bad guy from The Professional and you have something akin to Kiss of the Dragon.

• Apr 17, 2019

There are elements of the action stort-line that makes me trhink I am Quiten Hogg- yes unbelievable. Shooting in gay Paris in broad daylight by the baddies and no response - unbelievable.

• Oct 11, 2018

Awesome action movie, great bad guy

Awesome action movie, great bad guy

• Aug 24, 2018

Great childhood memories with this movie! Big fan of Jet and Bridget looks so beautiful and cute, I don't know she will always be my crush on this movie, perfect blonde!

• Nov 21, 2017

Action packed with a gritty look on Jet Li’s tactical take of a man that works a job and nothing more. It’s martial arts at its hardest.

• Oct 21, 2017

This film was released to pretty dreadful reviews, but I always felt it was Jet Li's best English language film. "Romeo is Bleeding" is also quite good, but Li has a story credit on this one and the script was written by Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen, the schlocky team behind enjoyably cartoony action films like the Transporter and Taken franchises. Both of those series are entertaining semi-serious action/revenge nonsense, and that is pretty much what "Kiss of the Dragon" is as well. Li plays a Chinese police office going to Paris to arrest a Chinese drug lord, but finds himself framed by dirty French cops. Li goes on the run, but with help from prostitute Bridget Fonda, to crack the drug ring. The story isn't really all that great, like most Besson pictures ("Leon" being the main exception), but the action is terrific (Li's regulars collaborator Corey Yuen was the martial arts choreographer on this film). Besides Li being an amazing martial artist, which is the main reason to watch this film, Fonda is quite good in what is her second to last theatrical film performance before retiring from acting. This movie made me miss her. Fonda was never Meryl Steep, but she was always very likable and genuine in her films, wether it was a silly action flick like "Point of No Return," a rom-com like "It Could Happen to You," or an indie like "Scandal," she was always good. Besides Fonda, you also have the reliably good Ric Young as the slimy drug lord and Burt "Cato from The Pink Panther" Kwouk in a small role. As with most Besson productions, this is slickly made if empty headed entertainment, but Li (with aid from Corey Yuen) and a good performance by Fonda, manage to elevate this above Besson's usual output.

• Feb 19, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Jul 13, 2016

The martial arts action is pretty typical Jet Li affair---high powered with a little too much wire work for my preference. This is one of the better titles out of Li's beat-em-up action flicks, but like the rest, its still weak on plot and quality acting. However, it has more compassion than some of the others, which works in the movie's favor.

• Jun 10, 2016

An average but enjoyable espionage thriller. The bad guy was such a nasty cunt but was let down by Karyo's performance. The blonde henchman was a nasty piece of work and I really wanted Jet Li to go to town on that fucker (SPOILER WARING) but he got off essay and I would have preferred a much better beating. I like Fonda as an actress but she is awful as an American forced into prostitution. She also states that she only does about 5 punters a week so, I don't know why her pimps kept her around.

• Nov 15, 2015

For what it is...5 star all the way. acting, plot, character development and martial arts fight scenes. I loved it. There isn't a more natural acting actress than Bridget Fonda. Too bad she dissappeared.