Knowing Reviews

• 1d ago

Awesome movie ‼️‼️‼️

Awesome movie ‼️‼️‼️

• Nov 18, 2019

Knowing is a disaster movie that goes in an unexpected direction. That's why it's so good.

• Nov 12, 2019

Nicolas Cage plays a widower, raising his son as much on his own as he is able, despite his sister Grace's meddling. We know she's the sister because she all but states that at her first appearance on screen. And we hear about their father, who is a pastor, apparently. Thanks to the screenwriters, Ryne Douglas Pearson, Juliet Snowden, and Stiles White we ascertain through rather clumsy dialog all we need to know about the Koestler family. Really, that's all you get from some of these characters. John Koestler, played by Cage, is a depressed physics professor at MIT, and that's all we get to know about that! There's not a lot of depth in any character, perhaps with the exception of Rose Byrne's, but nothing you couldn't glean from some good eavesdropping at a nearby table. Moppets are adorable, but aloof at times. That said, I love a good mystery. But was it much of a mystery since the trailer showed just about everything that happens anyway? Knowing isn't the best sci-fi drama, but it's not the worst, either. I give it a slightly better than "meh" rating because I like Nicolas Cage. I always have. The film was moderately suspenseful, but director Alex Proyas has made better films (The Crow, I Robot). I need to stop now because I'm remembering more things to criticize. See it. You'll be alright.

• Nov 06, 2019

This is actually a very solid movie

This is actually a very solid movie

• Nov 05, 2019

The film does not deserve such a negative.

The film does not deserve such a negative.

• Oct 31, 2019

I would give ten stars if I can

I would give ten stars if I can

• Oct 28, 2019

Knowing has a lot of suspense, eerie tones, that makes the experience goosebump-worthy. It certainly benefits with Nicolas Cage delivering a solid performance too (one of my favorite actors of all time growing up as a kid). However, the film does start to sort of lag after the mid-point. But yeah, Knowing is good. For those of you Netflix users who never watched it, I'd recommend you should.

• Oct 19, 2019

That movie doesn't make any sense....

That movie doesn't make any sense....

• Oct 07, 2019

The Knowing has a strong first 2 acts, it actually leaves you not KNOWING what lies ahead in the film. Then the plot starts to become a bit overzealous and convoluted. So none the less the 3rd act is somewhat of a let down, it leaves you wanting more, and I think that's where the movie really falters. There are things to like about the movie though, Nick Cage gives a somewhat dare I say normal performance and it's actually refreshing from him, that coupled with the premise of the movie leaves the viewer enthralled for most of the movie. And it's worth sticking around to the very end to watch the entire planet be scorched by solar flares. Don't let the tomatometer fool you on this one it's worth a watch.

• Aug 28, 2019

This movie is worth seeing if you really want to catch some great pictures of burning plane or catastrophe in the subway or you aren't so very critic and you are able to consume this kinda film. Not so bad, but could have been much better if scenario had been a little more clear and reasonable. That woman, she's absolutely crazy! John not much better. And these children, they are not particular, what have they done to make new life on other planet? That boy is deaf, that girl knows something about animals, and?! Oh yeah! They can hear wispers in their heads. Amazing. But why they? I didn't get it at all. It is not all. But one thing I enjoyed is image of Boston fall. Yes, it's gorgeous. And also disaster in New-York can be entertained. Ok, just see this film and have your own opinion, it is mine.