Kramer vs. Kramer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kramer vs. Kramer Reviews

October 16, 2016
Normally I can defend best picture winners, but honestly... I can't defend this from All That Jazz or Apocalypse Now. While it's no Out of Africa or The Greatest Show on Earth, the visuals are nothing compared to the latter two. The acting and story is good but nothing unique, how the father lost makes no sense, there were no memorable moments or lines and the ending of the mother giving the son back was too obvious.

This is a movie I'm gonna have to side with haters and not the academy on.
½ September 12, 2016
Good Movie for its time. A movie about custody of a child. Which many people can relate too. Either threw the child's eyes or the parents. Acting was spot-on. Very Believable.
½ September 6, 2016
I find it amusing that ALL of the negative reviews by critics were by men. Most of whom claim this movie is misogynistic. It is amazing to me that these snobs will understand the meaning of so many films, yet be clueless about this one.

If you watch the making of featurette, the director explains the reason for Meryl Streep's character leaving. She had to leave because she felt mentally unstable due to how Hoffman's character had treated her. In leaving, she showed the ultimate love toward her son. Which is worse: An unstable mother staying around, or leaving and getting her life together? If you look at a case such as Andrea Yates, the answer is clear.
August 31, 2016
As painful and sad the movie is, Kramer vs Kramer has well-made performances and story telling so incredible it lightens my heart
August 16, 2016
Às vezes, parece faltar em KRAMER VS. KRAMER certa substância na narrativa dando uma sensação clara de superficialidade da trama. Como melodrama, entretanto, funciona que é uma beleza, rendendo a Meryl Streep o seu primeiro Oscar.
½ July 30, 2016
Incredibly touching movie. The plot is very dense, the development of the story makes is more interesting and the actos are superb. It´s a kind of alert to nowadays couples that think marriage is something to play with and forget the children´s interests and feelings. I strongly recommend.
July 30, 2016
Moving. Well-acted (Meryl Streep and Hoffman at their best). Anatomy of a marriage and gender-roles, with no easy answers.
July 7, 2016
One of the few movies that makes me so incredibly angry I can't sleep lol. Excellent film.
July 7, 2016
This movie of course continues the fallacious assumption that a seven year old is too young to be in on their own custody arrangements let alone be the ultimate arbitruer thereof.
June 27, 2016
Quando vi este filme há uns 15 anos ele logicamente não comunicou comigo como o faz hoje. Achava absurdo que tivesse levado o Oscar sobre Apocalypse Now. Agora, acredito que foi merecido, é um filme mais importante e mais sensível. Somente a direção poderia ter ido para Coppola, Benton é muito melhor roteirista que diretor. Hoffman mostra por que é meu ator favorito e Streep mostra por que é esta lenda. Kramer vs. Kramer décadas depois segue atual e relevante.
April 2, 2016

~April 2, 2016~
March 20, 2016
Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) ????
Smashing drama about wife who walks out on husband and leaves him to take care of their young son. Not a false note in characterization, the two lead performances rate--and receive--unforgettable performances. Oscars for Picture, Actor, Actress, Direction, Original Screenplay. Evocative and moving; a truly wonderful film.
March 16, 2016
Kramer vs. Kramer is a decent film. It is about Joanna Kramer walks out on her advertising-art-director husband Michael. Meryl Streep and Dustin Hoffman give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Robert Benton did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama.
March 9, 2016
Due to its subject matter and the steady societal changes occurring at the time of its release, "Kramer vs. Kramer" is a highly relatable film.
March 4, 2016
A typical divorce story, maybe even more civil than some.
March 1, 2016
A story acted out brilliantly by two amazing actors, shedding light about one of the modern, first-world struggles.
February 23, 2016
Saw this on 23/2/16
Dustin Hoffman gives his career best performance and although in a small role, Meryl Streep also manages to make her mark, not to mention the performance of child actor Justin Henry. It doesn't take sides and its effective as a father-son relationship drama which also doesn't use melodrama to establish its themes. However, in the end, the film just doesn't seem to be that satisfying, with a predictable ending, mostly because no ending can properly justify the premise.
February 14, 2016
It was a great movie for the late 70s.
½ February 14, 2016
A great drama, poignant and well made.
December 23, 2015
A hard drama that poses a valid question, specilay for divorced couples, whta does it mean to be a good parent?