Kung Fu Hustle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kung Fu Hustle Reviews

July 13, 2016
So crazy ridiculous... I loved it
June 15, 2016
Best Chinese Movie of the year. Nuff say. The story, the special effects, the martial art scene, the jokes, not many movie can make to this height.
April 1, 2016
An impressive combination of physical comedy with martial arts film.
March 23, 2016
o melhor filme de comedia e ação que eu ja vi na vida
March 17, 2016
Kung Fu Hustle is the first Asian film that I've seen when I was young, and I watched it when I was a little kid. I remember the fight scenes, the running chase scene, the Axe Gang, the Lion's Roar, the Beast, and the piano scene. So when I watched this again, it still holds up greatly. Stephen Chow is really great, and he choreographs his fight scenes very well. The fight scenes are fantastic and just exhilarating to watch. The characters are memorable, especially the Beast who's in the last 30 minutes of the film. The references in this like Looney Tunes and other stuff are cleverly done and are very funny. The jokes are really good, and the effects still look amazing. The camerawork is impressive, and the soundtrack is really catchy. Kung Fu Hustle is a terrific movie that is a classic to me.
½ March 8, 2016
It is so silly, yet so much fun. It isn't laugh out loud, at least not to me but it is a movie I'd watch again and again. Though, I prefer Shaolin soccer.
March 8, 2016
Best kung-fu film with fun and love in every scene
February 27, 2016
Es una película tontorrona en muchos aspectos pero sencillamente brillante en cuanto a diversión se refiere. Gana el doble de puntos su doblaje al español, que la hace increiblemente más divertida.
February 24, 2016
The Wulitou(Casual) way of acting, sweep across the whole China, is

brought back to the scene by the Kung Fu Hustle. As a collection of Stephen's

excellent movies, people believes Kung Fu Hustle is the best of the martial arts film in

the recent years.
This movie is directed, co-produced and co-written by Stephen Chow, who
also stars in the lead role. In Shanghai during 1930s, Xing(acted by Stephen Chow)
attempt to join in the Deadly Axe Gang with his friend Bone(acted by Zi Cong Lin).
They have trouble with the Deadly Axe Gang, and fights involved anti-physical
action between gang and heroes run through the whole movie.
This movie, a reflection of Stephen's life, includes dream of being Bruce
Lee, fear of facing the reality and the enthusiasm of kungfu. The Buddha's Palm to
Chow ,a technique gained after overcoming all the setback, implies that he becomes
strong enough to protect himself, his parents and love. The BGM, action of kungfu
and Wulitou way make it valuable to watch. Folk, western classical music, old
shanghai music recreate the night life of shanghai. The most important element of
Stephen's movies , the Wulitou, is the promise of laugh which make you laugh
whenever you watch his movies. I have watched Stephen's movie since 2003 and
Kung Fu Hustle gives me a chance to watch my idol in the cinema.
½ December 20, 2015
Excellent visuals, acting and funny with a lot of action
November 9, 2015
I loved this movie lots of fun and a cool play on a genre.
October 31, 2015
A gang know as the axe gang torments a small poor area known as Pig Sty in Kung Fu Hustle. Caught in the middle of it is Sing (Stephen Chow) who wishes to join this illustrations gang. As he watches the gang take on various Kung Fu masters he begins to question his state. Kung Fu Hustle had great action and had a solid amount of heart for a Kung Fu flick and is well worth watching.
½ October 16, 2015
86%
A ridiculous blend of action and humor that is both entertaining and engrossing.
October 10, 2015
A rare 5/5. Flawless execution. Action is good, joke is good, and even a pretty deep philosophy. I give great films 4/5. To get 5/5 it must "wow" me and indeed this masterpiece did.
½ October 1, 2015
it's a fabulous piece of direction and acting. script is complete action packed comedy emotional.
I've been watching this movie for last 5 years. it's nothing like this movie.
September 30, 2015
Kung Fu Hustle is an unusual case of a cartoon pitch that might have accidentally been turned into live action movie. But in all seriousness, it's got a great mix of practical effects and entertaining acting that makes for a treat of a feature film that never takes itself seriously.
½ September 26, 2015
One of the most enjoyable movies I have ever seen. Yes, I grew up watching Bruce Lee movies in China Town-San Francisco, but if you didn't, no matter. This film is enjoyable for all level of martial artist/comedy movie goers. R. Madhesh & Stephen Chow seem to achieve the impossible. Weave a traditional love story with a gang movie, pair it with a musical, consummate it with mystical martial arts, carry it full term with comedy/slapstick, then deliver the love child that is Kung Fu Hustle. So many scenes are scene-stealing worthy. Any scene with the Land Lady is my favorite.
Must see!
PS...do not, I repeat, do NOT watch the English dubbed version (this applies to every movie ever made), treat yourself to a fine subtitled journey. I've watched both and the dubbed version loses almost all of the movie's charm.
Give this film a whirl!
½ August 22, 2015
The character moments are a bit rushed and the CGI is hit or miss. All of which doesn't deter from the fact that Kung Fu Hustle is a bold and stylish piece of pure outlandish fun.
August 21, 2015
What did I just watch? This movie could pass as Western, Comedy, Gangsta, Action, Adventure, Romance and Martial Art. It is a slightly cheesy, but Kung Fu Hustle is an all round fun film to watch. Plus, it has awesome fight scenes.