Laggies Reviews

• Oct 17, 2020

The beginning was horrible, but "Laggies" turned out to be a very nice surprise. I think this is my favorite Kiera Knightly movie and I don't really like her that much at all. Completely unexpected, which is my favorite kind of movie. Not at all what I was expecting. I'm glad I gave it a chance. The fact that it takes place in Seattle was a huge plus, BTW.

• Oct 07, 2020

At first, I wasn't impressed with this grown woman still hanging out with her high school crowd and then getting involved with a group of real high school kids and almost regressing there herself, but th movie grew on me and by the end, I like it. The good cast had a lot to do with that--Sam Rockwell is always good!

• Oct 05, 2020

Simple, and good. I like everyone, and there are a few lines that have enough weight to be taken with thoughtful consideration.

• Sep 12, 2020

Laggies is as routine as your morning coffee order, but its very polished and well acted and tender. A Sam Rockwell performance is never a bad idea.

• Aug 23, 2020

I don't know why I was expecting something different from what this was but I was. It was okay and that's about it. I don't know why I was expecting something different from what this was but I was.

• Jul 19, 2020

Socially awkward in avoiding conceptually understanding honesty from frontal commitment but that is part of the addressed reality regarding the revealing titular term with nicely stirred and well-pointed ideas towards helpfully reflective realizations. Excellent communication skills delivered by the impeccably charming cast with satisfying arcs, albeit the awkward bumps whenever strayed from the more interesting subject like an equivalent to procrastination of deflect rather than reflect. (B+)

• Jul 03, 2020

Knightley's "revelation" in the end is frustratingly cheap, and in a lesser movie could've ruined the whole thing. Instead, it just leaves a (admittedly deep) scar on an otherwise sweet-natured and funny indie. All the performances are solid, with Rockwell especially deftly pulling off a fairly silly character with more than a few inflated moments. It's a solid argument for growing up, in spite of our sadly infuriating tendencies to stay young.

• Jun 13, 2020

So we have a thoroughly irresponsible, immature character who consistently lies to and hurts other people...and she's the heroine of the film. Couple that with a thoroughly implausible romance that's about an inch deep and you have one of the most annoying films my wife and I have seen in a long time. We were in the mood for a coming-of-age/romantic dramedy, which is what this movie ostensibly is. We were thoroughly disappointed.

• Nov 30, 2019

A fine enough flick with some great performances from its big names (as always) and a cute plotline, but that isn't enough to save this one from the pit of mediocrity.

• Jun 06, 2019

What a surprise and a gem. A sweet, unique story about those difficult transition years of your 20's. Kiera Knightly is perfect playing an American 20-something rebelling against the shackles of her suburban upbringing and expectations, and pushing the limits on at what age a person should grow up and what it means to grow up. Sam Rockwell as usual steals the show with his perfect depiction of a dad trying to do his best.