Lara Croft - Tomb Raider - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lara Croft - Tomb Raider Reviews

July 6, 2016
Too bad that one of the only things worth seeing in this movie is Angelina Jolie naked! I think this is one reason why Brad Pitt was attracted to her in the first place!
Angie definitely looks and acts the role of Lara Croft perfectly, but the rest of the film could have been so much better than how it turned out to be in the end!
½ June 28, 2016
slightly over the top with the unrealistic action but I the video game was the same so no big deal. Entertaining enough.
½ June 23, 2016
Angelina Jolie's beauty aside, the movie itself is not very good. It does little to make you care about anything happening on screen and constantly contains silly set pieces.
June 15, 2016
One of the worst video game made into a film. It just sucks big time. The film didn't kill Jolie's career like I thought it did, but it did hurt it for a while. The dumbest thing in the film is when she punched the shark. How Roger Ebert like this is beyond me.
½ June 6, 2016
Silly, yet awesome. Mixes bad storytelling with incredibly entertaining, over the top action sequences. It's Lara Croft - what did you expect!
Brilliant casting by the way.
May 24, 2016
31% Not even Angelina Jolie, despite her perfect portrayal as Lara Croft can save this sloppy mess from putting you to sleep with boring action, uneven pacing, thin characters, and a dumb plot.
½ April 24, 2016
Tiresome & cardboard.
It's one of those movies where I'd fell asleep to.
February 28, 2016
A good game to film adaption, Some good action scenes Jolie plays the part of Lara brilliant, She was made for the part, Story and acting were under par but who goes to a film like this for the acting, Overall one of the best films to come from a game.
February 2, 2016
Nothing but mindless action, but Angelina Jolie's sexiness is and the film's ludicreous plot is enough to make the film dumb fun entertaiment.
½ January 24, 2016
Big, dumb, and a lot of fun ??a true guilty pleasure.
January 17, 2016
Angelina Jolie is perfect for the role as Lara Croft. Great action movie with interesting plot.
January 11, 2016
The perfectly casted Angelina Jolie makes Lara Croft interesting enough to watch it, but the plot is forgettable. The movie fails to build up any interest in her quest, and fails to deliver any emotional impact.
½ December 29, 2015
The action scenes are thrilling and Angelina Jolie was perfect in the role, I actually can't see anyone doing as good as a job as she did. The plot is boring and I really couldn't care less about what they are doing, I honestly can't recall what was going on. Which meant the action scenes had no emotional attachment and didn't care. They were thrillingly cool to look at thats it.
December 21, 2015
Enjoyed this much more than I thought I would.
November 24, 2015
its an ok movie i watched it just for something to do to pass the time.
½ November 17, 2015
Enjoyable enough trifle that has the lady archaelogist on the hunt for some doodads that can make you control time. Of course, bad guys are after her too. The Raiderseque action sequences are what makes this one.
½ November 2, 2015
Lara Croft - Tomb Raider is a bad movie that doesn't seem to know what the video game is about. The only Tomb Raider game that I've played, was the 2013 reboot, so I got an understanding about what the game is about. With the first five minutes, already it's losing me and has nothing to do the game. Angelina Jolie is actually pretty good and she definitely is Lara Croft to me. It's predictable, and I already knew what the villain fast. There are times that it was actually starting to look like the game like the adventure of it for example, but it's not really much of it and the film just feels generic. The writing is silly, and the soundtrack sounds like it's trying to be hip which felt out of place. The action scenes are good, and some of the effects look nice, although some of the other effects look fake. Tomb Raiser is a mediocre video game that you can actually do a Tomb Raider well, but this doesn't do it justice.
October 16, 2015
Raider de dead qualquer ok.
September 22, 2015
One of the best video game movies out there! A