Leave No Trace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Leave No Trace Reviews

November 17, 2018
Leave no trace is a great movie, it has a simplicity and wonderful performances. He has the reality that other films of the same style could not get through. Highlight for the performances of Thomasin McKenzie, and for the always great Ben Foster.
November 16, 2018
Very much looking forward to this. Will report back.
November 16, 2018
The film certainly holds one's attention, very well paced, and well-acted especially by Thomasin McKenzie as Tom, Will's (Ben Foster) daughter. I fail to understand the 100% RT score, however. As well-done as it is, it is far less a movie than "Winter's Bone." The plot seems filled with far-fetched events, making the kind of serial homelessness and isolation of the pair less dangerous and scary than it really would be. Lucky for them that they happened to get Social Services to supply a completely furnished house and a job for Will! Lucky for them that, when lost in the deep forests of Washington state, a merry band of survivalists happened to be around to provide essentially permanent shelter and folksy charm for the pair, complete with Hallmark card songs by the campfire and happy hobos living the good life. Get real. If not for the other qualities of the film, I would have given it 2 stars.
November 14, 2018
Slooooooooooooooooow story that is well acted but just not much there
November 13, 2018
Superbly acted and thoughtful story of a homeless man and his daughter. It gives us a compelling look at how mental illness can slowly tear at the family emotions. It shows us that there can be a fine line between rational behavior and loving family care. Well done.
November 10, 2018
Oh man this sucks, i was going to watch the great dario argento's Tenebrae but my idiot friend told me to watch this one so i gave it a shot... I hated it. its a sign of how weak movies today are that people like this junk. it did remind me of the 70s movie the life and times of Grizzly Adams alot which kind of made me laugh, Grizzly Adams was a way cooler dad that this guy. Theres so many great films you could be watching than this epic turd.. tonite im going to watch Tenebrae for sure
November 7, 2018
Tender, uplifting, and powerful, this film highlights the mental and emotional challenges that many
returned troops face, but also teaches us that home is where the heart is. An amazingly strong father-daughter bond is brilliantly portrayed by young Thomasin McKenzie and Ben Foster, who has never been better.
November 5, 2018
Outstanding, makes you really think during and after. Many issues needed to be brought to light. My wife and I will watch again to find more meaning and messages. This could have become a life of any Vet. We were sent were the service told us we were needed, not always where we wanted to be assigned.
November 4, 2018
Leave No Trace is so compelling, it'd be a sin just to blink through the entire run time. Ben Foster's best performance of his extremely diverse career and a special actress find with Thomasin McKenzie, with the latter looking at a possible Oscar nomination.
November 4, 2018
Rubbish. Boring, slow, painful. Can I leave zero stars????
½ October 31, 2018
Although the movie was slow and plotless the Mckenzie at least made the movie watchable. I have read the past reviews and I dont understand how anyone can see Fosters charachter as anything but an irresponsible coward who continuosly puts his daughter in harms way because his afraid to deal with his clear but (unknown) issue . So instead of dealing with it for the sake of his daughter, he selfishly runs away to the forest and leaves her to fend for herself. Actions of a true American hero?? How can anyone see him as anything more than a coward is beyond me
October 30, 2018
While it struggles to really clarify its most essential plot points which really didn't need to hide, this easy-going nature film nonetheless delivers a documentary-like look at subtle drama, rustic locales, and a strong coming-of-age message.
½ October 29, 2018
Quiet and patient yet overwhelmingly emotional, Leave No Trace is an astonishing journey of growth and maturity, told through a father/daughter story brilliantly realized by Ben Foster and Thomasin McKenzie - all under the gentle guidance of Debra Granik
½ October 28, 2018
A slow movie in all the right ways. You couldn't concoct better chemistry between Foster and McKenzie in a lab. Their bond is felt so immensely that they could have been put on screen together without any drama whatsoever and it would have been a joy to watch. However, we do get drama, and it is heartbreaking. This film will tear your heart out and leave no trace.
October 27, 2018
Wow what a snooze fest. Nothing really ever happens. At least the actors were good.
Absolute disgunting penis
October 27, 2018
Some truly powerful stuff, "Leave No Trace" is a movie that speaks for America's countless residents who have become marginalized and disenfranchised by those who think their own way of life is the only one worth living.
½ October 26, 2018
Exceptional, quiet yet powerful drama with astounding realism and cinematography. Both leads here, Ben Foster and Thomasin Harcourt McKenzie, give superb performances and the movie is ably directed by Debra Granik (Winter's Bone), who also co-wrote the screenplay with Anne Rosellini. I'm positive we'll be seeing a lot more of 18-year-old McKenzie on the silver screen in the very near future. Can highly recommend this one.
October 22, 2018
I would rather get beat up for 2 hours than watch this film, I kept waiting for something to happen or something that made me feel something, I sat there stone faced for 2 hours with no emotion assuming something must happen soon due to all these rave reviews, and then all of a sudden the credits show up on the screen and I realize i was hoodwinked by all of you writing good reviews. This film was an absolute snooze fest!
½ October 21, 2018
Setting, scenario, good characters and acting do not make a film. Me and my partner thought it was non eventful. To make a film something needs to happen in the film that is dramatic that keeps the audience gripped.