The Legend of Bagger Vance Reviews

• Oct 20, 2020

If you don't know or hate golf do not watch. Typical man in the dumps gets pulled out by a mysterious man who appears from nowhere and then disappears. Jinnah soul is destroyed from the horrors of WW1: but a man loved by all in Savanah, Georgia. He battled the war now battling the bottle and life. An ex great golfer who loses his game after the war and only wants to forget those war years with booze 🥃. Even though we are in Jim Crow era south he respects all & everyone loves him back. The movie tends not to show that aspect too much (only black workers at the resort but no guests). Only the last day and last round do you see blacks on the course as onlookers. Entertaining flick with good acting by Smith & Damon. Ther son is fine but looks wise does nothing for me.

• Sep 25, 2020

For reasons I don't understand, Robert Redford apparently decided to remake his own classic "The Natural" with the mysticism this time embodied by Will Smith. Unfortunately, Steven Pressfield is no Bernard Malamud.

• Aug 31, 2020

Severely underrated. This is one of those movies that make you wonder how you've been dealing with life and how you should be dealing with life. Will Smith and Matt Damon combine to create an extraordinary film filled with so many golden nuggets of life. You will not get it all in one watch, you will come back to it. Again and again.

• Jul 02, 2020

Cute sports film sure to entertain.

Cute sports film sure to entertain.

• Feb 27, 2020

Sort of an alternative to the inaccessible "Song of the South" being played out on the golf course where nothing eventful happens besides occasional engagement courtesy of how it was casted on Robert Redford's positive intentions towards marked stereotyping. (B)

• Jan 24, 2020

A strong female lead that isn't forced like most new movies. Daon, Smith, and Theron all give great performances. A feel good movie.

• Nov 24, 2019

This is such a wonderful movie, it's not about golf, but life itself and finding oneself. Absolutely must-see with great performances from Matt Damon, Will Smith and Charlize Theron

• Oct 02, 2019

It's really slow to start. It does better in the second and third act. Overall a film film. I feel most people will be bored, unless your a golf fan.

• Aug 25, 2019

This movie may have inadequate screenplay, but does not have flat characters or "bad" dialogue. The director (a professional) chose to use some of the best actors of our time to portray a heartfelt and introspective story, not to entertain our "cinematic needs". Will Smith does a great job playing Junuh's (Matt Damon) mentor/omnipotent being, and shows the audience there is a true "swing" and an authentic conscience in all of us. Through the good and the bad Randolph Junuh learns that everything he needs is inside of him, buried and waiting to be found, even if he thinks he has lost it.

• Jul 13, 2019

Steven Pressfield crafts one great story here with Robert Redford's Oscar winning directing and screen legend Jack Lemon's final screen role the message of this movie is profound.